Game won't load windows 10

HitokiriAkins

Since I can't find the Customer Service thread, I'm posting it here.

I recently bought a brand new, Windows 10 computer. And ever since the first install, the game won't load. It will go to the initial load screen, and it won't load into the character select screen. I've left it on for up to an hour, and it won't load.

Here's my DXDiag.

-----------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 10/24/2020, 10:28:39

Machine name: LAPTOP-RH5PKFLL

Machine Id: {4D0D5A3F-E2C9-4BCE-985D-48A2A8743CF6}

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: HP

System Model: HP Laptop 17-by3xxx

BIOS: F.09 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel® Core i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7880MB RAM

Page File: 5632MB used, 6589MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8

DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® UHD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® UHD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A56&SUBSYS_868E103C&REV_07

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 4068 MB

Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

Shared Memory: 3940 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Topology: Internal

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Color Primaries: Red(0.622070,0.352539), Green(0.336914,0.609375), Blue(0.155273,0.100586), White Point(0.312500,0.328125)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: BOE069B

Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.015Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP

Advanced Color: Not Supported

Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_e1aaecdb3ba3d568\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_e1aaecdb3ba3d568\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_e1aaecdb3ba3d568\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_e1aaecdb3ba3d568\igd12umd64.dll

Driver File Version: 27.20.0100.8280 (English)

Driver Version: 27.20.100.8280

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.7

Hardware Scheduling: Supported:False Enabled:False

Graphics Preemption: Triangle

Compute Preemption: Thread

Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver

Detachable GPU: No

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated

Power P-states: Not Supported

Virtualization: Paravirtualization

Block List: DISABLE_HWSCH

Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:True

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 5/18/2020 8:00:00 PM, 1433352 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-C916-11CF-D453-EAA6BCC2D635}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x8A56

SubSys ID: 0x868E103C

Revision ID: 0x0007

A couple of things:

Are you running SWTOR launcher "as administrator"?

Are you actually trying to run SWTOR on Intel Integrated Graphics? 😮

You should be running "as administrator", and I don't know if the IIG could be the problem, but you really should get a "real" graphics card.

Also, of course, make sure your anti-virus isn't blocking the Launcher and/or swtor.exe

EDIT - I just noticed it's a laptop. A basic bottom end laptop with no discrete graphics. If it runs at all, it won't run well. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

This system doesn't meet the minimum requirements. You need at least a 2.0ghz cpu.

Current day CPUs in laptops tend to have a lower base but as it requires more scale up with the requirements of the CPU. This particular CPU is 1Ghz base but boosts till 3.6 Ghz. So it may not be the CPU.

The resolution however points to another matter entirely. It seems to have onboard graphics but not sure which one. Onboard graphics cards are not really meant for gaming so that's more likely to be the issue in my view.

It looks like he basically bought a laptop that is meant for general use like browsing and playing videos and tried to play games on it.

Edited by Tsillah

In theory the integrated graphics on recent Intel chips should be sufficient to run SWTOR. By recent, if you go by the specs, this means 2013 or later if you believe that HD 5000 or better can run SWTOR.

In practice, integrated graphics, especially mobile integrated graphics, tend to have more than their fair share of problems (even given that SWTOR is not at all a demanding game).

On a laptop after anti-malware, my first suspect would be video settings or drivers.

Check settings for power use and 3D acceleration. These may be default set for battery life, and if that's the case you may have to change them to allow the onboard chip to use its full power, which games may need.

Then try driver updates. First back up any important data. Then back up any software that you can't easily download. Then back up your current driver version. Then check the OEM, I think your post mentions HP, for their most up to date driver. Update and see if that helps. If not, try the latest Intel graphics driver for your CPU.

Laptops can be sort of a pain in the rear to deal with. The hardware is optimized for battery life and low weight and they tend to have custom board designs instead of more standardized designs. It leads to more compatibility and driver issues than you typically see for desktops.

I spent almost 6 years with my main gaming machine a mid range laptop. Laptop only problems just comes with the territory. On the other hand, I'd hate to try carrying my desktop around all day in my backpack.

Current day CPUs in laptops tend to have a lower base but as it requires more scale up with the requirements of the CPU. This particular CPU is 1Ghz base but boosts till 3.6 Ghz. So it may not be the CPU.

The resolution however points to another matter entirely. It seems to have onboard graphics but not sure which one. Onboard graphics cards are not really meant for gaming so that's more likely to be the issue in my view.

It looks like he basically bought a laptop that is meant for general use like browsing and playing videos and tried to play games on it.

On the other hand, the machine *doesn't* meet the sysreqs, because of this line about the graphics:

>>> Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

The sysreqs say 1GB minimum of dedicated graphics memory.

On the other hand, the machine *doesn't* meet the sysreqs, because of this line about the graphics:

>>> Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

The sysreqs say 1GB minimum of dedicated graphics memory.

Display Memory: 4068 MB

guess you missed the line right above the one you snipped to poke at

Edited by Kaveat

Unfortunately, since there is no graphics card, then there is no actual dedicated graphics memory. The 4 gb listed is system RAM that can be used for graphics memory. Since the system only has 8gb RAM to begin with, it’s unlikely this laptop can allocate even that much.

As for the 128 mb dedicated, I’m not sure what that is... I guess it’s what Windows dedicates to the CPU/UHD graphics? Or perhaps it’s part of the CPU cache?

Lastly, this type of processor with built-in graphics is doing double workload. With the amount of single/dual core processing power needed to run SWTOR, this machine simply won’t run this game well at all. And the 3.6 ghz turbo: there’s no way the laptop can sustain that, particularly given the limited cooling most laptops have.

tl;dr

Dedicated graphics memory requirements for video games historically means actual graphics RAM on the graphics card

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

SW:TOR - System Requirements

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 1GB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

• Intel HD 3000 or better
  • AMD Radeon HD 7450
  • Nvidia GeForce 610

Dedicated graphics memory requirements for video games historically means actual graphics RAM on the graphics card

The entire Intel HD line is CPU integrated graphics, all of which use a portion of system memory to function. Which according to their own minimum requirements as of August 2017, the OP's setup exceeds.

Edited by Kaveat

SW:TOR - System Requirements

The entire Intel HD line is CPU integrated graphics, all of which use a portion of system memory to function. Which according to their own minimum requirements as of August 2017, the OP's setup exceeds.

According to https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-system-requirements/ the system requirements are:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 1GB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better."

That slightly slippery wording "on-board RAM" usually means "dedicated". OP's graphics "card" doesn't have 1GB of that.