Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make a turnoff of that glowing icon over every vendor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please make a turnoff of that glowing icon over every vendor

Seterade
10.22.2019 , 12:26 PM | #1
In nameplates please let us turn off the bright glowing icon over vendor and NPCs.

Sarova
10.22.2019 , 12:40 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
In nameplates please let us turn off the bright glowing icon over vendor and NPS.
Many of us fed this back in the PTS (read the thread here) because it ruins the look of strongholds (as well as being visually annoying generally). WE WERE IGNORED Since companions were ruined, strongholds are the last best thing about SWTOR for me. Vendor icons have made them ugly and screenshots are ruined. +1 (again) for removal or off button on vendor icons. This "feature" is high on my list of deal breakers at the moment...unsub button trigger finger sense is tingling.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Add an option to switch off vendor icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Sambril
10.22.2019 , 12:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
In nameplates please let us turn off the bright glowing icon over vendor and NPS.
Completely agree - there needs to be a toggle for this.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor" RaF: http://www.swtor.com/r/YBLLhw

Mubrak
10.22.2019 , 01:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
Completely agree - there needs to be a toggle for this.
Indeed.
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Banthabreeder
10.22.2019 , 01:18 PM | #5
Yeah, all of us who were testing complained about this. No one asked for this or wanted it. We asked them over and over to allow us to be able to turn them off.

They ignored our pleas.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

IoNonSoEVero
10.22.2019 , 01:41 PM | #6
So, Bioware, you changed something that was fine into something that is now potentially dangerous for people with any sort of seizure or vision disorder that is triggered by flashing lights against dark backgrounds AND takes away from the aesthetics of any vendor placed in a stronghold.

It's going to be a lot of fun visiting the fleet where there are so many of these blinking lights. Well done, Bioware. Nobody was able to find the vendors for the first seven years of the game, am I right? If only players could have told you they didn't like it or want it...oh, wait.

AscendingSky
10.22.2019 , 02:05 PM | #7
Bad enough they stuck these icons over all the NPCs and vendors, but the revamped versions of already existing icons (like those above mailboxes and cargo bays) look horrible, like low rez clipart. Honestly, all the UI and icon changes look horrible--busy, confusing, seizure inducing at worst, and awful on the eyes in general. Why did you waste time and money redesigning things that didn't need changing and now look worse, EA?
#FixStrongholds
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Damask_Rose
10.22.2019 , 02:44 PM | #8
I already vented my spleen about this on the PTS, so I will just say I still think these look horrible and I want a way to disable them.

Zerileth
10.22.2019 , 03:11 PM | #9
They listened to nobody complaining about the stupid guild owned area box that we can't turn off that means absolutely nothing or the DvL thing that pops up (yes you can close it after it pops), so good luck with this.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

Solbeck
10.22.2019 , 03:26 PM | #10
I would also like a toggle for them. They ruin Strongholds.