Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seriously? That's it?

Hawkebatt
10.23.2019 , 02:44 AM | #21
Wow some of you are way to lost to be saved. This is nowhere near the level the Revan expac was. First you have and entire planet with dozens of quests to complete. THis is part of the Prelude to Revan. 6 flashpoints 6. Then you get Manaan as a planet you can go back to and later a Stronghold. Add on the Revan expac and you have Yavin with the finish of the story, a daily area and the Operation. That is an expac. Dozens of quests and expanding the story the whole time.

Ossus was longer than this was. We get two partial planets with dailies after and a flashpoint like third area to Corellia. An operation Prelude of Revan and Revan was 6 to 12 hours or more of content.

If you add in Ossus and Dantooine with Onslaught you might get three hours of content.

The rest of the budget they spent on nothing but changing everything about the gearing system and how end game gear works. Breaking all the advanced classes of the game to the point where you will only see one class in PVP doing anything effectively.

RNG for everything and a gear grind on top of everything that will take so long to get to 306 BiS that the game will be deleted from private servers before you get there. There is no story here this is only good enough for the run up to getting Kira and Scourge back. A series of side quests with a weak NPC and a star power snowflake Padawan.

Had they left the gearing along. brought out a single new set for each class that was comparative to the current class the amount of changes would have been trivial on the budget and they could have brought out twenty more story quests to further the story, they could have made a planetary quest line, the daily area for both Onderon and Mek Sha and a proper new section to Corellia plus they could have made a story line on the Dxun moon including the tome and would lead up to the operation.

WE get ten quests

But then again all their brain power went to Fallen Order.

THIS IS A Side Quest. Nothing more not an addition and no where near the level of a proper expansion. WoW has expansions. This was a joke a Korean MMO could do better in a week.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

Spoloma
10.23.2019 , 02:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
It was easy shadow of revan sized, minus a couple of flashpoints. More work for them though if you consider the 4 lines you can take: Imp loyal, Pub loyal, Imp Sabatour, Pub Sabatour.

Given the age and size of the game and its population - thats not bad going. Sure I wanted and hoped for more. Found some parts surprisingly enjoyable, dissapointed at other parts.

Overall quite good. Could have been better.

Keeping it vague to avoid spoilers.
I get some people's frustration, but we can hardly hope for more content. Clearly, budget of the studio depends on revenue, which wasn't "high" lately. Ultimately, it was a step in the right direction, but many people are gonna be left unsatisfied. PVP balance is gonna be insane, with all those amps, set bonuses, phase work on sniper... good luck balancing that. No new maps. Flashpoint feels short. Havn't played new op yet, but i wager it's a single boss, like monolith or fury. Not that there is something wrong with that, but people are expecting more. So, in the end, those that run ops are gonna be left unsatisfied, pvpers unsatisfied for sure. That leaves casuals and some diehard fans.
I sure hope for this game's sake, they are already working at least on new 5-6 bosses long op.

Archangelost
10.23.2019 , 03:15 AM | #23
Some other MMO sell their addons even you're paying monthly. IMO it's a free addon, especially you own ALL this addons after you was sub for just one month and then as free player. It's very hard for me to cry about "low content" at this point.

ExarSun
10.23.2019 , 03:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
Wow some of you are way to lost to be saved. This is nowhere near the level the Revan expac was. First you have and entire planet with dozens of quests to complete. THis is part of the Prelude to Revan. 6 flashpoints 6. Then you get Manaan as a planet you can go back to and later a Stronghold. Add on the Revan expac and you have Yavin with the finish of the story, a daily area and the Operation. That is an expac. Dozens of quests and expanding the story the whole time.

Ossus was longer than this was. We get two partial planets with dailies after and a flashpoint like third area to Corellia. An operation Prelude of Revan and Revan was 6 to 12 hours or more of content.

If you add in Ossus and Dantooine with Onslaught you might get three hours of content.

The rest of the budget they spent on nothing but changing everything about the gearing system and how end game gear works. Breaking all the advanced classes of the game to the point where you will only see one class in PVP doing anything effectively.

RNG for everything and a gear grind on top of everything that will take so long to get to 306 BiS that the game will be deleted from private servers before you get there. There is no story here this is only good enough for the run up to getting Kira and Scourge back. A series of side quests with a weak NPC and a star power snowflake Padawan.

Had they left the gearing along. brought out a single new set for each class that was comparative to the current class the amount of changes would have been trivial on the budget and they could have brought out twenty more story quests to further the story, they could have made a planetary quest line, the daily area for both Onderon and Mek Sha and a proper new section to Corellia plus they could have made a story line on the Dxun moon including the tome and would lead up to the operation.

WE get ten quests

THIS IS A Side Quest. Nothing more not an addition and no where near the level of a proper expansion. WoW has expansions. This was a joke a Korean MMO could do better in a week.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Pathetic ammount of content. This is no expansion, so the gall to call it that....
Only thing it introduces is korean-esque rng grind, nothing more.

Suzsi
10.23.2019 , 04:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post

WE get ten quests

Ossus was the lead up to this xpack.

Then there is this xpack with story across 2 planets, like there was in SoR.
There wasn't a ton of story quests across Rishi and Yavin either. About the same + dailies for faction.
Minus some flashpoints there really isn't much difference. Ziost wnd Ossus are roughly the same contenr. Yavin and Rishi + Onderon and the other one with a odd name also roughly the same.
Missing the lead up flashpoints and one 'during the middle' flashpoint, instead we get it at the end.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

Flamecloak
10.23.2019 , 04:16 AM | #26
One thing I'm curious about. I Had just come back for the expansion just getting a few characters through story stuff for the sake of story.

I had chosen to side with the Republic with my Bounty Hunter because it felt right for his character.

Did that choice just not matter at all now? I went into the first conversation expecting a similar scenario as my Jedi Knight but I'm still a part of the Empire?

Did I miss something?
I AM A GAMER
Not because I don't have a life,
but because I choose to have many.

Kardinal_Woelki
10.23.2019 , 04:21 AM | #27
I generally do no longer have any expectations for movies, games, etc., and yet I am still disappointed.
I haven't played the expansion on the republic's side yet, but the empire one almost felt insulting.
Spoiler

Did I mention that the amount of story content also is underwhelming?
In short: My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

RakiaTime
10.23.2019 , 04:29 AM | #28
While i wanted more im not forgetting that for the first time in years they are working on separate content for each faction so while the single faction content isnt that much overall it adds up. I'd say im content with each faction having 3 original storyline planets worth of content and with the premise of whats to come. I'm assuming 6.1 or 6.2 will be a Flashpoint dealing with a post ending conversation (yall know what im talking about but spoiler free and everything).

The one thing im extremely happy with is that im back to being a foot soldier for my faction, saboteur or not i like being back on the ground level instead of a leader of my own Empire

Willardjuh
10.23.2019 , 04:46 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kardinal_Woelki View Post
I generally do no longer have any expectations for movies, games, etc., and yet I am still disappointed.
I haven't played the expansion on the republic's side yet, but the empire one almost felt insulting.
Spoiler

Did I mention that the amount of story content also is underwhelming?
In short: My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
Agreed. I'm totally willing to accept I'm likely in the minority that's mainly playing for the story and RPG part rather than for the MMO part, but this expansion felt *extremely* lackluster on that front. Think of the KOTFE/KOTET expansions what you will direction wise, but they were proper expansions that provided double digit hours of storydriven content to enjoy. Now we've been waiting the last few years for... 2, maybe 3 hours worth of story? If that. I suppose that not entirely fair as there's both imperial and republic side to consider, but even then I feel like it doesn't hold a candle to the effort put into the last 2 expansions.

Suzsi
10.23.2019 , 04:52 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Willardjuh View Post
Agreed. I'm totally willing to accept I'm likely in the minority that's mainly playing for the story and RPG part rather than for the MMO part, but this expansion felt *extremely* lackluster on that front. Think of the KOTFE/KOTET expansions what you will direction wise, but they were proper expansions that provided double digit hours of storydriven content to enjoy. Now we've been waiting the last few years for... 2, maybe 3 hours worth of story? If that. I suppose that not entirely fair as there's both imperial and republic side to consider, but even then I feel like it doesn't hold a candle to the effort put into the last 2 expansions.
We did get the traitor arc (inc Iokath) new gear levels and Ossus in that time though.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~