Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make a turnoff of that glowing icon over every vendor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please make a turnoff of that glowing icon over every vendor

Everrgreen
10.22.2019 , 11:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
No I like it looks cool. Makes the game look more modern. Keep it.
Everyone posting so far just wants a way to turn it off, so if a toggle is added to the nameplates section then you get to decide for yourself.

Use my referral link to sign up and get a FREE Preferred Friends Bundle
and 7 Free Days of Subscription!

Lukas_H
10.23.2019 , 12:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Everrgreen View Post
Everyone posting so far just wants a way to turn it off, so if a toggle is added to the nameplates section then you get to decide for yourself.
+1. Good solution. It looks bad over Felusia in my main stronghold. Btw I dont think, that the new icons look more "modern". Simplicity is what governs design today. And the new icons went the opposite direction.

Zerileth
10.23.2019 , 12:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Everrgreen View Post
But it's like the guild planet conquest notice that sometimes won't go away, or the DvL notice that pops up and the worst times. Why does it seem like they hate giving us the option to turn that off? I would love a simple explanation from Eric or Keith.

Is it because the original interface is carved in stone and anything new they add can't be given an on/off toggle?
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

Transcendent
10.23.2019 , 01:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Solbeck View Post
I would also like a toggle for them. They ruin Strongholds.
This, I'd like a toggle for turning them off in Strongholds as well. I'm fine with them being like it everywhere else though.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

andisim
10.23.2019 , 01:50 AM | #25
saw that thingie over felusia, almost got my search droid out to dig for treasures you never know...

Nmyownworld
10.23.2019 , 04:10 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
This, I'd like a toggle for turning them off in Strongholds as well. I'm fine with them being like it everywhere else though.
Agreed. A toggle would be lovely, at least for Strongholds. Outside of my Strongholds, I'm indifferent to the glowing treasure chest over a vendor's head. Inside of my Strongholds I find it very annoying.

Estelindis
10.23.2019 , 04:15 AM | #27
I would like a way to toggle this too.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

IoNonSoEVero
10.23.2019 , 07:33 PM | #28
I've had to pull the vendors out of my strongholds and look away or cover part of the screen with my hand when I'm near one of those blinking things, because they are making me so queasy.

It is not a good design in my opinion to make every vendor have a neon billboard above their heads. Please give a way to hide these along with nameplates.

Varnoukh
10.23.2019 , 07:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
Completely agree - there needs to be a toggle for this.
While they're at it, also for stupid things like guardian's faces lighting up like a christmas tree every time riposte procs.

It's supposed to be Star Wars, not Harry Potter.

JediBoadicea
10.23.2019 , 07:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
Agreed. A toggle would be lovely, at least for Strongholds. Outside of my Strongholds, I'm indifferent to the glowing treasure chest over a vendor's head. Inside of my Strongholds I find it very annoying.
Yep. Adding my voice to the chorus requesting an ability to toggle this. I don't care about it in the PVE environment, but it's awful in my strongholds. If the choice was between turning it off everywhere or nowhere, I'd turn it off everywhere in a heartbeat, so the toggle doesn't need to be complicated with multiple layers.

Carefully crafted strongholds where personnel (including vendors) make up detailed scenes are now pretty shattered. Remember that strongholds are a visual artistic exercise, so a major immersion-breaking visual change like this is not minor.