How to gear Lighting Sorc for PvP and PvE

Caeliuxrules

Lightning is burst spec and benefits greatly from high apm - as long as you have good latency, so I personally like slightly higher alacrity on lightning than on the dot spec ironically (and have been getting better results thus), but to each their own.

Baseline would be something like this and any shifting around in stats slightly within those parameters would not really lead to a difference in dps, maybe 50-100 really, but-crit rng plays bigger role from that point on and any errors in rotation or latency.

so if you have bis gear it is something like this:

PVE:

Accuracy-759 with accuracy stim or 750 with mastery stim, no compromises, you want 110% accuracy.

Crit-1830-1850 (or so), beyond 1850 you get diminishing returns fast in "consistent" dps -as crit is high rng. but you never want to go bellow 1800 either as that is also a big handicap.

Alacrity: probably around 1400-1550 depending on your latency and how fast you can click.

Mastery: 7000 (ish) keep it around 7000 as rule of thumb and don't go higher than 7100, at least with the tier of gear now.

Power: if you have spare points left and are at those above numbers I guess you can bring up your power to around 4000 with a crystal, but this is optional. What Power does is it increases dps more consistently than mastery or crit-you "could" get bigger rewards on boosting crit but it is rng, power is power. But this is the last stat you generally touch if at all.

PvP;

0 accuracy

Crit: 1880-since you have points to spare by not using accuracy

Alacrity: As a burst spec you could go with 0 I guess here but 500-1000 (5%-10%) is generally more recommended and healthy for all your cool-downs and channeling times. You won't be able to tunnel people 24/7 in PvP like PvE so really high alacrity is a waste but going bellow 5% is really rough on your cooldowns and channeling time. Hell, even bellow 10% I start to feel it after playing at 12.5% in PvE.

Mastery/Power: rule of thumb is to get your crit chance to around 44%-44,5% through a combination of crit+mastery, rest goes into power.

Stat priority in PvP is (accuracy non existent): Crit>Mastery (critchance+dps)>Power (dps)>alacrity

For PvP someone else could chime in who plays Lightning in PvP regularly but above seems sound in theory.

Edited by ottffsse

Lightning is burst spec and benefits greatly from high apm - as long as you have good latency, so I personally like slightly higher alacrity on lightning than on the dot spec ironically (and have been getting better results thus), but to each their own.

Baseline would be something like this and any shifting around in stats slightly within those parameters would not really lead to a difference in dps, maybe 50-100 really, but-crit rng plays bigger role from that point on and any errors in rotation or latency.

so if you have bis gear it is something like this:

PVE:

Accuracy-759 with accuracy stim or 750 with mastery stim, no compromises, you want 110% accuracy.

Crit-1830-1850 (or so), beyond 1850 you get diminishing returns fast in "consistent" dps -as crit is high rng. but you never want to go bellow 1800 either as that is also a big handicap.

Alacrity: probably around 1400-1550 depending on your latency and how fast you can click.

Mastery: 7000 (ish) keep it around 7000 as rule of thumb and don't go higher than 7100, at least with the tier of gear now.

Power: if you have spare points left and are at those above numbers I guess you can bring up your power to around 4000 with a crystal, but this is optional. What Power does is it increases dps more consistently than mastery or crit-you "could" get bigger rewards on boosting crit but it is rng, power is power. But this is the last stat you generally touch if at all.

PvP;

0 accuracy

Crit: 1880-since you have points to spare by not using accuracy

Alacrity: As a burst spec you could go with 0 I guess here but 500-1000 (5%-10%) is generally more recommended and healthy for all your cool-downs and channeling times. You won't be able to tunnel people 24/7 in PvP like PvE so really high alacrity is a waste but going bellow 5% is really rough on your cooldowns and channeling time. Hell, even bellow 10% I start to feel it after playing at 12.5% in PvE.

Mastery/Power: rule of thumb is to get your crit chance to around 44%-44,5% through a combination of crit+mastery, rest goes into power.

For PvP someone else could chime in who plays Lightning in PvP regularly but above seems sound in theory.

Thanks mate!

1519 Alacrity and 1889 Crit Rating is min-max. For pve, you'll want 110 percent accuracy; for pvp, just channel that extra stat pool into Power.

Average parse should be around 9400-9450 if you're in full 248's. Good crits should get you around 9550-9700.

1519 Alacrity and 1889 Crit Rating is min-max. For pve, you'll want 110 percent accuracy; for pvp, just channel that extra stat pool into Power.

Average parse should be around 9400-9450 if you're in full 248's. Good crits should get you around 9550-9700.

I was wondering about alacrity and where it mattered in PvP since crit and power is needed.

I was wondering about alacrity and where it mattered in PvP since crit and power is needed.

Alacrity is very needed for Lightning Sorc,it decreases channeling times and cooldowns,so you have the skills frequently open for you to use. Without alacrity you will feel a difference for sure. I used to go without alacrity,but then I got the advice that alacrity is needed in almost every class,so I decided to bring alacrity arround 1000 and more. I noticed the difference in PVP a lot. So my recommendation is to keep it as high as possible arround 1400-1500. Mine is there and works fine for me.Crit as the peeps above mention arround 1800. Look for above 40% crit. Accuracy I don't buff it all for PVP,for PVE only slight above 105% and works fine. :)

PvE

*Assuming the use of a purple versatile stim

- Accuracy: No less than 108%, 109% is optimum as it allows you extra in one of the other stats without affecting the amount of hits you miss; the difference of 1% is negligible. I use 654 accuracy.

- Alacrity: Around 1100 is good (~10-11%)

- Critical: 1450-1500 (~41%) any greater than this is a waste of stats as the difference is too small to be useful.

- Power: Aim for as close to 5000 power as possible.

PvP

- Accuracy: Most people use 0% accuracy, however having a small amount can be beneficial for healer tunnelling due to the increased armour penetration. 2x purple 45 rated accuracy augments (192) is more than enough.

- Critical: 1450-1500 (~41%) any greater than this is a waste of stats as the difference is too small to be useful.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/307834/0

Hope this helps.

Edited by sicariustenebris

PvE

- Accuracy: No less than 108%, 109% is optimum as it allows you extra in one of the other stats without affecting the amount of hits you miss; the difference of 1% is negligible. I use 654 accuracy.

PvP

- Accuracy: Most people use 0% accuracy, however having a small amount can be beneficial for healer tunnelling due to the increased armour penetration. 2x purple 45 rated accuracy augments (192) is more than enough.

Hope this helps.

Ok there are a lot of very bad advice there.

1st, for pve, you want 110% accuracy. If that one percent is your TB that miss, its a huge loss. Its not like alacrity and crit will hit not hit DR anyway.

Next the crit value were DR becomes noticeable is not 1500 but 1800 really. Alacrity around 1500 is fine as well.

2nd, in pvp accuracy does not increase armor pen, it reduces defenses, as in resist chance, not armor mitigation.

Since character player do not have a baseline 10% resist chance like pve mobs, and rather have 0% with some having very slight baseline resist, or hard cooldows 10% accuracy wouldnt help much again, its mostly not useful to run any accuracy in pvp on a tech/force heavy class like sorc or conc operative.

PvP is a different beast also, as different school of thought exist, and its hard to say which one is really right.

While high crit/power builds (all crit/enh safe maybe 1-2 alacrity, and power augs), or even exclusive power/crit build exist, even in class that could use 5% accuracy, or some use similar setup to pve for simplicity sake (thats my case), the idea is probably a bit of alacrity same crit, but high power (mostly comes from switching alac augment to power ones).

The idea is you consider with the uptime you typically get, alacrity has less value than the hits you do land to be higher.

The first few hundreds point of alacrity tough are extremely effective, and I do believe a basic ammount should be ran.

PvE

PvP

Hope this helps.

You forgot to tell everybody that u used CL-TB-CL exploit while parsing..