Catalyzed Toxins - Improvement

UltraFlashStar

When I first read about the new tactical Catalyzed Toxins for Ruffian/Lethality I was excited. a DoT based class getting access to easy burst? Sign me up! When I first tested it on PTS I noticed some things that severely downgraded my liking of the tactical and basically made it difficult to use. Right now, in 6.0, I came up for a rotation for it but it still doesn’t work right 80% of the time. The main problems being:

1. Energy management: Resetting Vital Shot/Poison Dart combined with Sharp Bomb/Corrosive Grenade lessens the DPS that the tactical can put out and the energy management in the prolonged fights is not good. You can use the basic attack as a filler using this tactical, anything else the energy management becomes worst.

1. The time increase on Sanguinary Shot is too heavy: The 9 second increase is reasonable but in return we only get our main DPS capped hard, as opposed to normal Ruffian/Lethality DPS.

1. Missing Sanguinary Shot/Toxic Blast: If you end up getting the shot missed you have to deal with the long cool down.

Taking both of these suggestions I would recommend that Catalyzed Toxins receive this change:

Original

Sanguinary Shot finishes all your bleed effects on the target and deals their remaining damage immediately. Sanguinary Shot’s cooldown is extended by 9 seconds.

Toxic Blast finishes all your poison effects on the target and deals their remaining damage immediately. Toxic Blast’s cooldown is extended by 9 seconds.

My Suggestion

Sanguinary Shot finishes all your bleed effects on the target and deals their remaining damage immediately. Sanguinary Shot’s cooldown is extended by 9 seconds, but the effect is increased by 3 seconds. The next Sharp Bomb applies Vital Shot to the main target.

Toxic Blast finishes all your poison effects on the target and deals their remaining damage immediately. Toxic Blast’s cooldown is extended by 9 seconds, but the effect is increased by 3 seconds. The next Corrosive Grenade applies Poison Dart to the main target.

This way you get the extra seconds missed by detonating your DoTs and reapplying them. And you waste less energy reapplying DoTs since the next Sharp Bomb/Corrosive Grenade would apply the two DoTs you need.

Edited by UltraFlashStar