Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(SW) Game Freezes in Balmorra when meeting Malavi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
(SW) Game Freezes in Balmorra when meeting Malavi

justjunia
06.06.2020 , 07:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
The idea is supposed to be that you remove Bitraider altogether and switch to the non-streaming client.
Hi there! thanks for that tip. So I found out how to switch to the non-streaming client after deleting my Bitraider folder, but the problem I have on Balmorra still persists. The game still freezes up at the same spot. I left the planet, went to the fleet, and came back to see if that would do anything, but still the same. Could this be a planet specific problem?? I am about to start with my Trooper on Balmorra and I want to see if this issue comes up again. Any other tips or tricks anyone has would be a great help. Thank you all for your help so far!

ceryxp
06.06.2020 , 08:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by justjunia View Post
Hi there! thanks for that tip. So I found out how to switch to the non-streaming client after deleting my Bitraider folder, but the problem I have on Balmorra still persists. The game still freezes up at the same spot. I left the planet, went to the fleet, and came back to see if that would do anything, but still the same. Could this be a planet specific problem?? I am about to start with my Trooper on Balmorra and I want to see if this issue comes up again. Any other tips or tricks anyone has would be a great help. Thank you all for your help so far!
Just covering bases. You followed the procedure to expunge the most vile of vilest BitRaider as per this post, yes? Once you've switched to the non-streaming client the process to initiate a client scan and repair is different. If you run the launcher and click the gear icon in the lower left to open Settings the "Repair Installation" button will be greyed out. To run a repair you need to first log in. Then when you're on the news window you'll see your account name in the upper right corner, next to the minimize and close buttons. Click that then click Settings. Now the "Repair Installation" button will be lit and you can do a repair.

Regarding your cutscene. Try spacebarring through the cutscene. I had this happen before where a cutscene kept hanging at a certain point. I didn't do a repair, I just went back to the cutscene and spacebarred through it. If that doesn't work then you can try turning down your graphics settings to low before starting the cutscene.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

justjunia
06.06.2020 , 11:28 AM | #13
hi again! So turning down my graphic settings worked like a charm! I did the repair client previously (should have mentioned that) but it still didnt work on its own. but I turned my graphics down to "very low" and while it was visually painful for me, it worked like a charm for the game!

ceryxp
06.06.2020 , 08:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by justjunia View Post
hi again! So turning down my graphic settings worked like a charm! I did the repair client previously (should have mentioned that) but it still didnt work on its own. but I turned my graphics down to "very low" and while it was visually painful for me, it worked like a charm for the game!
Happy that worked for you. Sorry you deleted your SW.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.