Star Wars: Battlefront III, cancelled even though it was finished.

Link: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/897343-star-wars-battlefront-iii-was-already-finished-before-cancellation

British newspaper Metro states that Battlefront III had already been made, and was going through QA when it was inexplicably cancelled.

Even worse, they had already started working on Battlefront IV when that was cancelled to.

Apparently they(LucasArts) didn't have the money to pay for Marketing.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

i think the real question is, why do you use a purple font on a background that maeks it barely visible? and i doubt i'm the first to ask this.

as for battlefront, it was a pretty average series anyway. maybe they didnt' think the quality was there or were worried about a backlash if the game wasn't up to standard. there could be any number of reasons for this

i think the real question is, why do you use a purple font on a background that maeks it barely visible? and i doubt i'm the first to ask this.

I apologise for your visual dislikes but I have debated with plenty of people who have made no such statement, also, I don't think my font colour really matters, I like Purple, I have purple text, who really cares? and more importantly, what business is it of your's?

As for battlefront, it was a pretty average series anyway. maybe they didnt' think the quality was there or were worried about a backlash if the game wasn't up to standard. there could be any number of reasons for this

I disagree, the Battlefront series was excellent and if poor quality series like Call of Duty can become massively popular, I can see a new Battlefront dominating the gaming industry, very easily.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I would agree that Battlefront II was fantastic (never played I), and I was disappointed that they cancelled III. I don't really think that marketing would have been a problem - there are many rabid Star Wars fans who would pre-order it without hesitation. Fans would have done their marketing for them.

(As for your purple font, I can actually read it more clearly than the default white text... Probably why it doesn't bother me. Each to their own, I suppose)

my suggestions of why the game was canceled were only suggestions. i'm not saying they are my views, i was just putting some suggestions on the table. the fact is if its been pulled it must have been done for a reason.

as for the purple, true i just can't see purple to well. and even worse when the background doesn't contrast. you absolutely :cool:right its a personal thing

Edited by grandmthethird

Alas, shall never be able to kill organics as IG-88*sigh* and I don't have any problems with Ralya's text..not sure how its hard to read seems bright to me.

I think Dark Side Obi-Wan was an extremely interesting prospect.

And thank you Wolf.

I disagree, the Battlefront series was excellent and if poor quality series like Call of Duty can become massively popular, I can see a new Battlefront dominating the gaming industry, very easily.

I still love playing BF2, and it's how old now? I can definitely see a new Battlefront taking game of the year.

Also, Rakghoul smilies! :rak_03:

Edited by Mirdthestrill

i loved these games. The conquest mode in 2 was awsome. face a budddy in it, who can carry their army best gogogogogogo. PvP in this game is like a 10x better version of the hero fight mode ( i dont know what its called when everyone only played the special toons like yoda obi wan or general grevious) and its interesting to see some of the similarities.

Thank God I say.

LA wen't too far down the path of milking SW with the shark jumping for the wow factor sheenanigans with recent titles anyways. Stopping just short of a dark side obi-wan... give the executives a medal.

How I hope they get back to creating good new content instead of bastardizing old classics for a quick buck. And yes I mean you, Clone Wars cartoon. Darth Mauls a crazy spider? ****, seriously.

Edited by aeterno

Alas, shall never be able to kill organics as IG-88*sigh* and I don't have any problems with Ralya's text..not sure how its hard to read seems bright to me.

Well IG-88 is a hero in the Empire at war expansion. Sure its an RTS, but better than nothing i guess. I don't get to play as Zuckuss in anything :(.

But if this is true, It is a darn shame. BF2 still ranks as one of my fav games of all time. Id play it over COD anyday. I can only imagine how awsome a BF3 would be.

Edited by TheBentOne

Well IG-88 is a hero in the Empire at war expansion. Sure its an RTS, but better than nothing i guess. I don't get to play as Zuckuss in anything :(.

But if this is true, It is a darn shame. BF2 still ranks as one of my fav games of all time. Id play it over COD anyday. I can only imagine how awsome a BF3 would be.

True ya I got FOC, but I dunno. Just not the same, I like to feel like I am actually the person rather then control them. :p

as for battlefront, it was a pretty average series anyway. maybe they didnt' think the quality was there or were worried about a backlash if the game wasn't up to standard. there could be any number of reasons for this

Agreed. Never really understood what the big deal is.

I don't have any problems with Ralya's text..not sure how its hard to read seems bright to me.

Neither do I.

In fact, after the forum changes that were made I find the colour of text Rayla uses as easier on my eyes and not having to strain to read it against either the black or grey backgrounds of each post.

Other text colours I've seen used are still as "eye bleeding", but Rayla's been one of the more considerate coloured text users.

The first Battlefront was good in my opinion, but let down by the very limited atmospheric flight it had, which was because of small map sizes.

Battlefront 2 was more action/arcade than the first one, but with space combat consisting of dogfights and ship boarding actions, which were well implimented with the game.

The obvious comparison for the Battlefront games is the Battlefield games, and the latter is better at that kind of game.

To be honest, I'd been wanting another Battlefront game and hoping for one that was like the first two crossed together with an injection of Battlefield into it. More plainly, I'd love to see DICE do a Batttlefront game.

Despite criticism of the differences between BF2 and 3, BF3 with a Star Wars conversion would be a great game I feel.

What it would lack though, is the transition between ground & space that was shown in a video years ago. That kind of function would have helped a "proper" Battlefront game sell. No other game that I can think of does that and the only thing that could hold it back would be consoles, specifically the limited multiplayer that consoles typically get when compared to most PC games.

Alas, this was not to be. Thanks to Lucas Arts.

At least, not to be from outside EA.... I can see it being "revived" and published by LA/EA, but not like what Free Radical had. No doubt closer to BF3, but I can't shake the perception that if it did happen I'd feel it was "cheap" and a "knock off".

I always thought that the picture of Dark Obi-Wan Kenobi was just the saddest thing! He's such a noble and good jedi and I hate thinking of him being consumed by the dark side. What would it have been like the moment he switched his blue lightsaber crystal out for a synthetic red one? Obi-Wan would have fully understood the implications of his fall and his hate for Vader would probably have been tinged with an incredibly deep depression at his failure to destroy Vader in ROTS. Did he just go stir-crazy in Tatooine? And what happens to Baby Luke if Obi-Wan goes dark? Does he seize Luke from the Larses and train him as his dark apprentice? Furthermore, even though he clearly switched to a red crystal, does he view himself as still representing the Light Side?

So sad!

Edited by ObiWanBaikonur

Link: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/897343-star-wars-battlefront-iii-was-already-finished-before-cancellation

British newspaper Metro states that Battlefront III had already been made, and was going through QA when it was inexplicably cancelled.

Even worse, they had already started working on Battlefront IV when that was cancelled to.

Welcome to about 3-4 years ago bro.

It came out later: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Battlefront:_Elite_Squadrons

Proof: http://ptoponline.com/?p=70

That's not BFIII.

That's one of the PSP's BFII spin off games.

"Proof" is pre-alpha gameplay by the looks of it, not a released product. Unless it's footage from BF: ES, which makes me glad I never owned a PSP.

The story is the exact same.

I read the entire interview on Eurogamer, and it just doesn't add up. Read it here, it's a good read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

The developer claims a bunch of new suits came in and torpedo'd a close to finished product for no reason... at least the developer gives no real reason. My first reaction is to side with the developer, but none of it makes sense.

My only thought is that Lucas Arts simply didn't think there was enough money to be made with Battlefront 3 as a PC exclusive. Pirating was growing fast in 2008, and the economy was crashing.

My guess is if we do see a Battlefront 3, it will be a cross-platform title, for X-Box, PS3, Wii-U, and PC.

And I too loved Battlefront 2.