Darth Maul vs. Darth Tyranus

LordMaximum

• 2 months later...
biggest mistake they made in that movie, killing off maul so early. they should have kept him as the main villan throught. had him track down and kill anikins mother, as the emperor knew that would turn him. would have made the movies so much better. that being said, i hope bio=ware comes up with a way for jedi in this game to be able to have lightsaber duel like that'? do you even think its possible with this engine?

Maul was reckless and focused to much on the here and now, or he would have foreseen what Obi Won was about to do. Tyranus was a scholar of the jedi arts as well as a master of the dark side, his knowledge and experience would help him destroy Maul. After he toyed with him of course.

maul technicallly won the fight against quigon and obiwan, he beat obiwan even faster than quigon. maul got killed because he toyed with obi..

i think no one can beat maul in saber combat, not even yoda or mace windu. and ditto with dokuu..

Hmmm....Dooku defeated Obi-Wan but Maul defeated Qui-Gon who was Dooku's master, if you wanna use that kind of logic...Darth Maul was threatening to be wayyyy cooler than Vader so they had to kill him off....and see ya later thread.

Umm Qui Gon was Dooku's apprentice not the other way around.

my money is on dooku.

sure he had a dumb name, but he was a cool slick old dude with a quick slashy saber.

maul was too flashy and it got him killed. dooku wouldnt slash sparks at someone hanging, he'd just force push them off their handhold and walk away. probably to get a nice glass of brandy.

Tyranus would absolutely destroy Maul.

In every description of his saber skills alone, the only people that were on par with him at the time were Windu, Yoda, and Sidious. In the force, he could probably beat Windu and be almost on par with Yoda and Sidious (ALMOST).

Maul, no matter what people say, could barely even out-duel Obi-Wan as a knight. Obi-Wan was not only able to keep Maul on the ropes for a bit, but even cut his staff in half and dealt some heavy blows. Obi-Wan in episode 3 would destroy Maul, and that same person lost to a Tyranus who was almost toying with them to goad Anakin into getting frustrated.

Yeah Maul looked cool, but he could never beat Tyranus.

A better matchup would be

Dooku vs Jerec

Jerec was a powerful Miraluka Jedi Master and Jedi archaeologist who turned to the dark side under the Empire, becoming a feared Inquisitor during the Galactic Civil War. Jerec was apprenticed to a Jedi archaeologist, Jocasta Nu, and became a Jedi archaeologist himself, versed in knowledge of the Jedi's past, especially the Sith. A Jedi Master during the Clone Wars, he was on a long-term deployment searching for ancient knowledge in the Unknown Regions when Order 66 was issued. Upon his return, Jerec was found by the Inquisitorius and turned to the dark side.

My bet goes on Jerec

Darth Tyrannus would easily kill Darth Maul. Darth Maul was a pure fighter, but Count Dooku was a reknowned lightsaber duelist. Not to mention that he also had mastery in the force that can give him more weapons, such as lightning. Hell, he liked to talk smack during a fight to get you to do something stupid, if he finds you the type for it. Tyrannus was just a far more well rounded, complete threat.

Maul would get quartered up by Dooku.

Edited by LemmingLeader

Jerec was definitely skilled, and many thought that if Vader wasn't around he would have been Palpatine's apprentice, but I think the Count could still beat him. Jerec was strong, but I think it was more his ability to manipulate and gather allies/resources that made him so dangerous. That and his knowledge, which made even Palpatine himself worried enough to not let Jerec read any more of his writings.

Tyranus was a good manipulator, but not on Jerec's level. When it comes down to a fight though, I think the Count would come out on top.

As long as Jerec doesn't have time to gather some buddies or buy another super star destroyer though...:rolleyes:

Jerec was definitely skilled, and many thought that if Vader wasn't around he would have been Palpatine's apprentice, but I think the Count could still beat him. Jerec was strong, but I think it was more his ability to manipulate and gather allies/resources that made him so dangerous. That and his knowledge, which made even Palpatine himself worried enough to not let Jerec read any more of his writings.

Tyranus was a good manipulator, but not on Jerec's level. When it comes down to a fight though, I think the Count would come out on top.

As long as Jerec doesn't have time to gather some buddies or buy another super star destroyer though...:rolleyes:

Thats the thing.. Dooku vs Jerec... I think Jerec would simply outsmart Dooku... besides his control of the dark side of the force is more superior.. I think

Let's not forget that Dooku was the great leader and manipulator of the CIS, just behind Darth Sidious. Dooku was also the face and charismatic leader of the CIS, and the driving factor in keeping everyone in line within the CIS. When he died, the CIS started falling apart, regardless of what Grievous tried to do. The leadership within the CIS had no faith in Grievious.

This is a good mark to Dooku as a leader and being able to marshall support and forces, as well as how much he can influence things on a galactic scale. Remember, behind Sidious, Dooku was the de facto leader of the CIS.

Let's not forget that Dooku was the great leader and manipulator of the CIS, just behind Darth Sidious. Dooku was also the face and charismatic leader of the CIS, and the driving factor in keeping everyone in line within the CIS. When he died, the CIS started falling apart, regardless of what Grievous tried to do. The leadership within the CIS had no faith in Grievious.

This is a good mark to Dooku as a leader and being able to marshall support and forces, as well as how much he can influence things on a galactic scale. Remember, behind Sidious, Dooku was the de facto leader of the CIS.

I think Dooku did what he had to do with the CIS, but they were just a stepping stone to greater things. Dooku wanted to be Sidious' right hand guy and make an army of Sith to rule the galaxy.