Game keeps crashing on me!!!!!!

Morganha

For over a week now, the game continues crashing on me and throwing me into the server selection screen, but there are no servers to select from and my only option is to click the X on the server select screen and it closes the game.

It does this MULTIPLE times a day, (at least 10 or more) and I'm starting to lose my god dam patience.

This doesn't happen with any other game. I have smooth gameplay with every other PC game I play.

So what the hell is going on?

Edited by Morganha

This is the bug report forum , you are best posting here if the below doesn't help indicate what is occurring best to post at Answers HQ

dropping back to the server list albeit it is blank, could be a connection or AV/Firewall blocking hence it appears blank.

Initially when playing open a command prompt as administrator and type

ping -t 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your modem IP address is)

Leave this running in the background when the game drops back to the server select ( use CTRL C to stop it) scroll up and see if this has any time outs occurring, it will only take a second drop of this nature to boot you out of game.

other then that remove and re-add both launcher.exe and swtor.exe to AV and Firewall lists

This is the bug report forum , you are best posting here if the below doesn't help indicate what is occurring best to post at Answers HQ

dropping back to the server list albeit it is blank, could be a connection or AV/Firewall blocking hence it appears blank.

Initially when playing open a command prompt as administrator and type

ping -t 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your modem IP address is)

Leave this running in the background when the game drops back to the server select ( use CTRL C to stop it) scroll up and see if this has any time outs occurring, it will only take a second drop of this nature to boot you out of game.

other then that remove and re-add both launcher.exe and swtor.exe to AV and Firewall lists

You're saying this assuming the problem is on my end. If I have no problems with any other game, why would this issue be on my end for ONLY this game?

• 4 months later...

This exact problem happens to me too. ONLY in this game. WoT, WoWS, STO, GW2 all work perfect and I have never had this issue in any other game. I have SWTOR added as an exception to my firewall, both inbound and outbound. I have the entire EA folder excluded from my active heuristic AV protection (still scanned at every startup). I used the repair utility. I had this issue a very long time ago (3.0) but not since until this latest mini-patch.

I probably know as much about networks and computer hardware as any person working at EA and I can tell you... It is not my computer, it is not my network, and it is not my ISP. THIS IS AN EA ISSUE.

I, too, had this problem recently. I couldn't figure out what the problem was until the cable company sent someone out to look at my connections. The cable company here in the midwest recently went to all digital signal versus analog. Due to the change, the old connections for my cable and internet had to be upgraded to be fully compatible. That was just last week. Since then no more server disconnects.

Wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is in my area and having the same issue. :D