It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

Washingtoon

I know I run my mouth a lot, but mad respect for both ID and Physics. We are trying blends of different players to field more competitive teams. However, that means we will never have the consistent team to match either guild. We managed, barely, to beat a half ID half Physics team the other night. After that match, you guys dissolved your partnership, formed full guildie teams and respectively stomped us. If you guys can't win grouped, how do you expect us to win by constantly mixing and matching? Hopefully we'll figure it out soon.

when did THAT happen?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably why he thinks hes hot stuff. All in his mind.

you describe yourself amazingly, heck even your forum name is my automatic response to whatever you say.

but srsly churb we all love you

Edited by eavn

1. Let go of the idea that it has to be guild-based. I've played with and against all of you and while some guildies are good it's hardly true for all of you. Winning every games against pugs when you're on a premade does not make you an individually good player.This is where the imp teams (you know who you are) shine, their players are individually better. Think outside the box (read:guild).

2. Do not abandon ship. Yeah I'm looking at you, people who decided to switch factions and make things even worse.

3. List players that you think would be suited for a competitive pub team. Imps should give their input too since it's in their interest to have someone to play.

Also, have reasonable expectations. Form a team and give it time. Practice makes perfect and normal warzones are hardly a viable alternative when it comes to improving.

For the Republic :sy_republic:

Having leveled on the IMP side, be nice if the prospective group you are discussing would be open to applicants, rather than arrogant, rude, and just silly like the Imp guilds?

Having leveled on the IMP side, be nice if the prospective group you are discussing would be open to applicants, rather than arrogant, rude, and just silly like the Imp guilds?

Cant just be open to all applicants or you turn into wook. Quality over quanity and from my experience the majority of quality players know they are in the top teir of people and will be arrogant, rude, and silly. Seems to correlate into all of lifes competetive activites.

Cant just be open to all applicants or you turn into wook. Quality over quanity and from my experience the majority of quality players know they are in the top teir of people and will be arrogant, rude, and silly. Seems to correlate into all of lifes competetive activites.

Be honest now...you troll wook like its your job.

You have a secret room in your dorm / hovel / cell / whatever its called with newspaper clippings formed into the letters WOOK plastered all over the walls. Pictures of Wookies with bulleyes and darts through them and maybe you even have a pit where you have trapped a WOOKie and keep yelling at it to que ranked or its going to get the hose again.

Do you play in the pink night gown or is that just for when you troll?

Total garbage. Being arrogant and rude is childish insecurity and self adulation. Folk who are good at something and confident, in all of life's competitive activities, generally show a measure of respect and consideration to others in their field. Children and immature ego's feel a need to pose and pretend.

You have a secret room in your dorm / hovel / cell / whatever its called with newspaper clippings formed into the letters WOOK plastered all over the walls. Pictures of Wookies with bulleyes and darts through them and maybe you even have a pit where you have trapped a WOOKie and keep yelling at it to que ranked or its going to get the hose again.

RubenRybnik,

While the ID people may be appearing to be totally elitist in this, the reason why they are stating this is they want some real competition. I am sure they enjoy playing good opponents as opposed to facerolling scrubs.

Part of the reason is because the PVP never reached critical mass so that ranked warzoneswould queu people against people with similar talent. Why not? When only two groups are queuing up ranked who do you think you are going against?

Edited by Itchy_Bum

Would be my moms basement right behind my stash of cheetos. I always wear the nightgown the silk feels good on my private areas. However I have never once told anyone to que ranked or yelled it at them in chat. I honestly dont care whether people que ranked pvp or not and putting it in say chat is sure not going to influence them anymore than not saying anything. I do call people terrible on a regular basis in /say chat (even some who I feel are awesome players). The only reason I do this is because i am immature and find it halrium and it usually is. Especially when they feed it by rage targeting me aftwards or something. And I promise its not only Wook that I do this to..its everybody even people from the guild i am in when i end up on the opposite side. Wook was the best example of a guild I could use to make my quality over qanity point so thats what I used.

I do the same thing as jack daniels, and I'm a pub player now. The best way to make anyone eat their words is to just flat out stomp them in a wz, not get on the forums and make them out as the silence of the lambs bad guy. I did enjoy the reference tho.

Yep laughing as a sad smash jugg and pyrotech pt from Physics fails to kill me for 5 minutes.

Trying to kill you no. I stopped trying to kill you a long time ago. You are to good. Just pulling you away from ur node to let my team get a triple cap. That is all.

Agreed re: stun wars.

To my earlier comment re: the player's question on min/maxing -- that is a failure of leadership, IMO. ROTJ is taking strides to become a formidable opponent by driving education, training, and experience into all of its players. It may not be a week, or even a month from now, but we will be fielding competitive teams again soon. And when we do, the barometer for success will be measured by our competitiveness against both ID and Physics.

Master Adi-Wan is correct, and I must confess to being the mmo NOOB who asked about min\max...however, I will say min\max for a pure Vanguard tank can be quite subjective, not to mention the possible sheer relevance of a pure Vanguard tank in PvP. I know most would prefer to mitigate the lack of damage protection from almost anything that's not a blaster by using DPS friendly gear. I WILL get there however, and even now can hold off quite a few from capping until Cal, Adi or someone else rescues me! ;-p

Not having any real stun, and they nerf the range on the one small stun we do have as a Vanguard shield spec, I feel us and the PT tanks are on the worst end of the stun stick. Man, if we can't have a decent stun, they could at least give us some special buff or increase the time we have full resolve... I feel I have a chance against almost every class, but them dang Agents. LOL, I can't hardly put any damage on them, but it wouldn't matter as they stun-lock and DPS me to death....and fast.

Also, that Donna is freaky good! I played the new WZ with her today and I swear, she was healing me from the east pylon while I was mid! Every time I was about to munch it, there she was...like an angel with giant gun-heals!

Storm, yes! ...and that is the reason I have stayed in the Shield Spec tree. For this toon in PvP, it's most important to me to be able to jump into a fight quick, protect those in need and not die too quick. Also, I am one of the more bad ***** looking Vanguards on the server, lol!

^ this.

We had a guy on that team ask us after "I'm new to MMOs, so I'm going to feel dumb, but what does 'min/max' mean?"

That isn't to slight that player or make them feel bad, but when you have (a) a fully optimal group make up, and (b) all truly min/maxed players from Physics opposing you with this on your team, you're really in for a butt whipping.

You can say what you want about coordination, strategy, etc. but it really comes down to this. It's why you don't see hordes of ROTJ queuing right now. We have a lot of players taking a break, focusing on school, etc. that would make up the "A Team" -- and until we can coach these players up, you likely won't see us much in ranked consistently.

Speaking of min maxing and I will keep the name anonymous to protect the innocent. I saw a sentinel in full warhero with an alacrity relic and some alacrity augs. Needless to say I don't know much about Sents/Maras so I enlisted the help of another who did have the knowledge to help this young one out. Even his mainhand was a tank mainhand. It's sad but understandable as well. Rather than poke fun though and laugh, well I did chuckle, I hopefully got him some help that will aid him down the line.

Edited by Nbkan

Speaking of min maxing and I will keep the name anonymous to protect the innocent. I saw a sentinel in full warhero with an alacrity relic and some alacrity augs. Needless to say I don't know much about Sents/Maras so I enlisted the help of another who did have the knowledge to help this young one out. Even his mainhand was a tank mainhand. It's sad but understandable as well. Rather than poke fun though and laugh, well I did chuckle, I hopefully got him some help that will aid him down the line.

Got to channel that force stasis man. Get those stacks for your SMASH!!! = Node.

the team we had last night was not great and we had dc's left and right. nonetheless i believe if we had an a-team going the pub team would have given us some great matches. cap is currently on vacation so it's hard to form a competitive team without him. hopefully we see that group in the future, i don't see why it was so hard for the pubs to make it though. You guys got some great players, looking forward to good games in the future.

the team we had last night was not great and we had dc's left and right. nonetheless i believe if we had an a-team going the pub team would have given us some great matches. cap is currently on vacation so it's hard to form a competitive team without him. hopefully we see that group in the future, i don't see why it was so hard for the pubs to make it though. You guys got some great players, looking forward to good games in the future.

It took us over an hour to form that group, waiting for the right people though. That is why it sometimes isn't worth it because anything less gets roflstomped.

i run a max alacrity and absorption build on eavn

hes doing it right.

I actually saw a scoundrel healer who was using some defence mods/enhancements and some defence augments, he 1200-1300ish expertise and this was a few weeks ago.

To be honest if you see that I would message the guy, I should have messaged the scoundrel but normally when people hit 60-70 valor, they at least think they always know what they are doing.