LotR army VS SW army

Slowpokeking

Is any army in the LotR or Silmarillion story which could defeat SW's army?

I think SW's army got

Much more advanced technology

Battleships

The use of Force, especially battle mediation enhance the army even more

Superweapons like the Death Star

I guess unless they got some really powerful magic, otherwise they are no match for SW's army.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is even the point? this is so far beyond ridiculously oumatched I have no idea why you even thought about it.

Because I'm working on a crossover( Mostly Dooku and Galadriel's story) and got confused a little bit since the empire's troopers were defeated by Ewoks in Endor.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Because I'm work on a crossover and got confused a little bit since the empire's troopers were defeated by Ewoks in Endor.

you do have a point there. But I imagine a light saber could slice through even mithril so in that case the SW universe would have an advantage.

you do have a point there. But I imagine a light saber could slice through even mithril so in that case the SW universe would have an advantage.

Yeah sure, they should get HUGE advantage, just not sure how did the Ewoks got those troops, it could be "adapted" and make the story a bit more fun.

Because I'm work on a crossover and got confused a little bit since the empire's troopers were defeated by Ewoks in Endor.

The Ewoks were able to defeat the Empire because the Empire didn't plan it. They didn't plan to be that much overwhelmed in numbers. So if the Empire only sends one legion, an army might defeat them. If the Empire comes to conquer, the armies of the third age couldn't stand against them.

Advanced technology would make it for star wars.

But as Vader said, technology is nothing against the Force. Middle earth has Force users. All Elves can use magic/the Force to a degree (not as good as Jedi and Sith). But some are really awesome at it. Galadriel is definitly comparable to Yoda.

On the evil side we have the Nazguls who can't die from lightsabers or blasters. (Well, there could be one exception ;) ) And we have Sauron, who is comparable to the Sith Emperor in this game.

Also I bet Mithril is lightsaber resistant (but probably more expensive then Cortosis).

Now take the whole think one step further and let the Valar go at war. Star Wars has nothing against them. Maybe Abeloth, but I doubt it. Godmode Luke Skywalker could counter them in a one on one, maybe.

Oh, and in the end: Illuvatar and the Force. Sorry, but I have to give this to Illuvater. The Force can be manipulated, he can't. The Force probably isn't a real person, he is.

(Let's keep Tom Bombadil out of this, okay?)

One word for the Death Star: It could blow up middle earth if Illuvatar or the Valar don't intervene.

So, all in all:

Army against Army: SW wins

Force users against Magic users: draw (could go one way or another)

--- against Valar: LotR, the Valar have no real counter

The Force against Illuvatar: LotR wins

You asked for arme against army, didn't you?

Edited by Maaruin

I don't see how Galadriel could compare to Yoda, Yoda got much better fighting technique and the use of the Force.

Or Sauron could draw with the Emperor. The Emperor can easily brainwash people, Sauron couldn't even brainwash a hobbit easily, he mostly use lies and tricks to let people work for him.

The Witch-King was stabbed by an enchanted blade that weakened him severely, allowing Eowyn to make the killing blow.

So lightsaber should also do the work. Or direct Force attacks. They can be damaged physically.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I don't see how Galadriel could compare to Yoda, Yoda got much better fighting technique and the use of the Force.

Or Sauron could draw with the Emperor. The Emperor can easily brainwash people, Sauron couldn't even brainwash a hobbit easily, he mostly use lies and tricks to let people work for him.

Galadriel could stop time itself. I don't think Yoda can do that.

Sauron manipulated the elves( the wisest of beings) into making the rings of power so that he could take over the world with the One Ring. And He's IMMORTAL. No one in Star Wars is immortal. The Sith Emperor would have become immortal, but would become an emperor of nothing. Sauron would be the master of Middle-Earth and beyond if his campaign was successful.

Galadriel could stop time itself. I don't think Yoda can do that.

Sauron manipulated the elves( the wisest of beings) into making the rings of power so that he could take over the world with the One Ring. And He's IMMORTAL. No one in Star Wars is immortal. The Sith Emperor would have become immortal, but would become an emperor of nothing. Sauron would be the master of Middle-Earth and beyond if his campaign was successful.

Where did it say she could do it?

Then NONE of the elves fell under his control, and he lost most of his power due to the forging of the One Ring. The elves later even used the rings against his army.

Immortal does not mean you are more powerful, just be able to live longer. Sauron couldn't do a thing after the ring was destroyed, same with Saruman.

So Sauron failed to conquer a land due to his own problem, when many Sith Lords were able to rule more than 1 planet, even the galaxy?

Edited by Slowpokeking

Galadriel is very powerful on a different level. Yes, in sword fighting she is not as powerful as Yoda, but she destroyed the fortress Dol Guldur on her own. She created and kept Lothlorien. Also her foresight is far superior to Yoda's. You may look up her powers.

Okay, the Emperor is superior in Brainwashing people. Sauron is superior in tricks and lies. The Emperor might be a little more powerful than Sauron, but not much. Both are immortal, even if you kill them. Oh, and Sauron is probably the better fighter. The Emperor doesn't seem incredibly skilled with the lightsaber.

Edit: The rings can brainwash. Of course not as fast and as irresistable as the Emperor.

Nazguls are jokes, their leader got beaten by a hobbit and a girl.

In SWTOR

Revan was defeated by 4 mid levels. Two of them were just promoted from Apprentice to Lord. Does this make Revan a joke? I'd say no.

If you have read the book you know that the Nazgul are everything but a joke. They are basically unkillable Dread Masters. You could of course use some force techniques to contain them, if you get enough powerful Sith/Jedi.

So Sauron failed to conquer a land due to his own problem, when many Sith Lords were able to rule more than 1 planet, even the galaxy?

I know only about one occasion where the Sith faced as much opposition as Sauron: on Ruusan. The Sith failed there because of their own problems.

Of course Star Wars leaders in general have more resources (ships, troops, weapons) than LotR leaders.

Edited by Maaruin

Where did it say she could do it?

Then NONE of the elves fell under his control, and he lost most of his power due to the forging of the One Ring. The elves later even used the rings against his army.

Immortal does not mean you are more powerful, just be able to live longer. Sauron couldn't do a thing after the ring was destroyed, same with Saruman.

I think it states that in the Silmarrilon(spelling?) but I'm not sure. She could use her ring to slow or stop time. A power she took advantage of to protect Lothlorien during Sauron's absence.

The elves didn't fall under his control because the elves hid their rings away. They never used their rings in battle, fearing that Sauron would take control of them.

Sauron can't die unless the Ring is destroyed and even then he is just sent into the Void. He does return in the Final Battle of Middle-Earth. Saruman had powers of his own, but Gandalf used his higher authority to shatter his staff and take his power away. Saruman would still retain his persuasive talents, but he was killed in the final battle of the War of the Ring the Battle of Bywater.

Galadriel is very powerful on a different level. Yes, in sword fighting she is not as powerful as Yoda, but she destroyed the fortress Dol Guldur on her own. She created and kept Lothlorien. Also her foresight is far superior to Yoda's. You may look up her powers.

Okay, the Emperor is superior in Brainwashing people. Sauron is superior in tricks and lies. The Emperor might be a little more powerful than Sauron, but not much. Both are immortal, even if you kill them. Oh, and Sauron is probably the better fighter. The Emperor doesn't seem incredibly skilled with the lightsaber.

Yoda destroyed a whole army made of droids and shipsin CW, that's more convincing than just take down a fortress and it's after Sauron's fall.

Sauron's trick is a joke, he failed to conquer even a land, forged rings to empower the elves and failed to control them, didn't even put a guard on his most important place. The Emperor rule half of the galaxy.

Revan was defeated by 4 mid levels. Two of them were just promoted from Apprentice to Lord. Does this make Revan a joke? I'd say no.

The Agent was able to handle Darth Jadus, the warrior could defeat a powerful Jedi master. The SI could handle his/her master, a Darth. I remember the BH also defeated a powerful Jedi. And Revan didn't die.

The Witch King, on the other hand, neither of his opponent even fought much on the battlefield. One of them is short and weak, the other one only took some training but never fight before.

Sauron could use levels of magic far beyond the Emperor and he didn't need rituals either, in-fact the Emperor has only shown skill in mind domination and force lightning, he is useless with a lightsaber, dominating the will of Sauron is an impossible feat, he is far far to willful for even the Emperor, Sauron can also wipe out armies without actually touching them, he disintegrated Gil-galad with his glare, I am wondering if their is anyone who could take on the Balrog.

The only army I can think of really is the full host of the Elves, with all the most powerful ones including Glorfindel, Galadriel and others, using a ton of magic.

I think it states that in the Silmarrilon(spelling?) but I'm not sure. She could use her ring to slow or stop time. A power she took advantage of to protect Lothlorien during Sauron's absence.

The elves didn't fall under his control because the elves hid their rings away. They never used their rings in battle, fearing that Sauron would take control of them.

Sauron can't die unless the Ring is destroyed and even then he is just sent into the Void. He does return in the Final Battle of Middle-Earth. Saruman had powers of his own, but Gandalf used his higher authority to shatter his staff and take his power away. Saruman would still retain his persuasive talents, but he was killed in the final battle of the War of the Ring the Battle of Bywater.

I don't remember it, all she showed was destroy Dol Guldur after Sauron was gone.

So it's stupid to do this, and Sauron had to be really careful since most of his power was inside the One Ring. The elves used the rings' power after Sauron lost the One Ring.

He would return mostly because Morgoth would also return and possibly empower him. Before that he couldn't do a thing. Saruman was the same, unable to do a thing after his body was killed.

Essence transfer is different, just a new host and power came back.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Sauron could use levels of magic far beyond the Emperor and he didn't need rituals either, in-fact the Emperor has only shown skill in mind domination and force lightning, he is useless with a lightsaber, dominating the will of Sauron is an impossible feat, he is far far to willful for even the Emperor, Sauron can also wipe out armies without actually touching them, he disintegrated Gil-galad with his glare, I am wondering if their is anyone who could take on the Balrog.

The only army I can think of really is the full host of the Elves, with all the most powerful ones including Glorfindel, Galadriel and others, using a ton of magic.

Sauron got his *** kicked by armies many times. He couldn't handle the army of Numenor at all, only corrupt them from inside.