Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Iokath

Mechalich
08.17.2019 , 05:23 AM | #1
The genesis of this story is the introduction of Iokath, which I feel represents an incredibly cool and interesting thing that the game storyline has only incompletely explored. So I've taken to writing a piece that will hopefully fill in some possible answers regarding the existence of this mysterious world and its incredibly advanced technology.

This story is set in 3630 BBY, between the conclusion of the KOTET story and the beginning of the 'War on Iokath' story, meaning that it takes place during the 'Uprisings' portion of the timeline, though depending on how far it goes it might involve those events as well. Spoilers for KOTFE and KOTET, of course, and to a far lesser degree spoilers for earlier portions of the story (notably Oricon and Yavin 4). The Alliance Commander/Outlander will not appear in person in this story and the only assumption made regarding their character is that, in the fashion of Wookieepedia, they made all light side choices during the story chapters (this should mostly matter only in the context of Iokath related events).

This story is intended to be organized into a series of semi-independent novella-length pieces to start, with each one relating to one of the 'History of Iokath' codex entries. The first part will be based around 'Entry 3.'

Book One: The Triple World

Chapter One
Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.19.2019 , 01:24 AM | #2
Chapter Two
Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.21.2019 , 02:22 PM | #3
Chapter Three

Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.23.2019 , 03:48 AM | #4
Chapter Four

Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.25.2019 , 03:40 AM | #5
Chapter Five
Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.26.2019 , 02:59 AM | #6
Chapter Six
Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.28.2019 , 06:47 PM | #7
Chapter Seven
Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.28.2019 , 07:03 PM | #8
Chapter Eight
Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler

Mechalich
08.28.2019 , 07:10 PM | #9
So, that concludes the first Legacy of Iokath novella, The Triple World. It clocks in at a modest 22,000 words. While I've already started work on Book Two, tentatively titled Swimming Rain (which will have actual living aliens, not just dead ones), I'm interested in reactions to this piece and particularly in what people think about the lead characters.

Mechalich
09.04.2019 , 04:57 AM | #10
This post begins the second Legacy of Iokath novella, Swimming Rain. It's not stand-alone as I did not feel it necessary to reintroduce the characters, but only the two leads represent carry overs. This particular tale includes true OCs since it involves travel to a world with living aliens.

Chapter One
Spoiler

Chapter Notes
Spoiler