2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

JimG

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to sort of agree. I'm glad they're giving us something free and I appreciate that, but this is for the two year celebration and all they could think of was this?

I'm disappointed in their imagination. Their are so many tings they could have giving or created that would have been exciting and interesting but this is just underwhelming.

Again, I'm not complaining that their giving me something that I don't want, I'm complaining that they just kind of dropped the ball on their own creativity.

They gave out that extra 500 CC a few months ago and people complained about that. No matter what it is, people will complain about it.

They complain because the gifts seemingly have no thought behind them concerning the actual event they give them for. Bioware has more to celebrate than the players that this game survived two whole years in this market, why not show some damn enthusiasm and celebrate with us.

Edited by Elfa

Yea, this is a joke right? Fireworks again? i still have all of the last fireworks you gave us. no one likes these gifts, a paint job on a ship that no on but you can see?. Its a simple code, don't go out of your way BW to do something good for your player base. AT least your not giving up some lame pet, sorry pets are worthless in this game. Yea, OK, I'm venting only cause I want to see something for my 2 year sub. Or better yet just don't give anything, its like a tip, if its not worth a crap don't offer it.

I have to sort of agree. I'm glad their giving us something free and I appreciate that, but this is for the two year celebration and all they could think of was this?

I'm disappointed in their imagination. Their are so many tings they could have giving or created that would have been exciting and interesting but this is just underwhelming.

Again, I'm not complaining that their giving me something that I don't want, I'm complaining that they just kind of dropped the ball on their own creativity.

They complain because the gifts seemingly have no thought behind them concerning the actual event they give them for. Bioware has more to celebrate than the players that this game survived two whole years in this market, why not show some damn enthusiasm and celebrate with us.

Well people complain no matter what they give them. Give them a pet? People whine because they don't use pets (I sure don't), give them a speeder and they whine that it's not as cool as the cartel market ones or that it isn't exclusive enough because now everyone has one (yes that was a complaint with the speeder we got recently), give them 500CC so they can buy something they want and it's not creative enough.

There is no winning for BioWare in this...

Honestly, if I was in charge, I wouldn't give the players anything for the 2nd anniversary... I'd ask what they were willing to give me since I have provided them with a game for 2 years...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

1) I think it's nice that they are giving away something;

2) I think they didn't put any thought into it, but what's new.

The paint job only applies to those who are into the GSF, oh wait, and only PvP, which was a "let's shut them up" thing anyway. Honestly, the "free" armor was awful (not free because we sub) and GSF is for PvPers not the rest of us.

I love the game. I'm moving into the ball park that says that EA/BW needs to put some thought into customer appreciation.

Well people complain no matter what they give them. Give them a pet? People whine because they don't use pets (I sure don't), give them a speeder and they whine that it's not as cool as the cartel market ones or that it isn't exclusive enough because now everyone has one (yes that was a complaint with the speeder we got recently), give them 500CC so they can buy something they want and it's not creative enough.

There is no winning for BioWare in this...

Honestly, if I was in charge, I wouldn't give the players anything for the 2nd anniversary... I'd ask what they were willing to give me since I have provided them with a game for 2 years...

Have to agree with this guy. I personally quite enjoyed getting free cartel coins the one time, wish it was that everytime. Free money is always nice, never understood people complaining about it last summer.

People never seem to be happy.

In SWG we received a SoroSuub Personal Luxury Yacht 3000 for our 12 month veteran reward. This was a multi-player ship that could be decorated and hold up to 20 people (later reduced to 8). You could sit and watch battles out of the window or just cruise around the galaxy. This was like 9 or 10 years ago LOL.

Video Tour Here

My yacht was named, "Monkey Business".

But yeah... everyone have fun with your limited stack of fireworks... and don't forget to buy your hypercrates of gambling packs. Also, your subscription is due.

except that u could only buy you one or 2 major things at the most with the amt they gave us, so yes for the most part we've been getting slapped in the fact. this company doesn't know how to treat or how to talk to its customers.

dang they done slapped you in your fact!

In SWG we received a SoroSuub Personal Luxury Yacht 3000 for our 12 month veteran reward. This was a multi-player ship that could be decorated and hold up to 20 people (later reduced to 8). You could sit and watch battles out of the window or just cruise around the galaxy. This was like 9 or 10 years ago LOL.

Video Tour Here

But yeah... everyone have fun with your limited stack of fireworks... and don't forget to buy your hypercrates of gambling packs. Also, your subscription is due.

This. So much this. Different times...

I don't see it as getting a free item. I see it as a form of celebration. A celebration that BioWare doesn't seem to really appreciate. The SWG example was a good one, it showed you just how much it meant to the developers.

That's how I see it. I look at is a measurement of how much BioWare themselves appreciate the two year mark. To me they really don't seem that excited.

i don't think they are required to give anything else for their 2 year anniversary...

Hell, if you think about it, we are the ones that should be giving them stuff since they have been providing us with this game service for 2 years and putting up with all our whining...

So... What are you giving bioware for your anniversary?

$15

$15

Way to include paying subscribers into your ignorant comments. Paying $180 a year gives the person a valid reason to find it underwhelming.

And someone just hit exact definition of entitlement. Way to go. I don't even need an argument. You walked right into it.

Video Tour Here

Good times, good times.

Great video too, I miss my SoroSuub, YT-2400, VT-49 Decimator, TIE Oppressor, and my unique Imperial Pilot Ace Jacket and Helmet, something SW:TOR couldn't seem to handle, just recoloring the Imperial Operatives PVP Armor to Red.

I miss Star Wars Galaxies, that to me, was Star Wars.

^That is my opinion SWTOR fans :)

I don't see it as getting a free item. I see it as a form of celebration. A celebration that BioWare doesn't seem to really appreciate. The SWG example was a good one, it showed you just how much it meant to the developers.

That's how I see it. I look at is a measurement of how much BioWare themselves appreciate the two year mark. To me they really don't seem that excited.

+1

Free items or not, an anniversary is always a good opportunity to touch base with your community and drum up some gamer pride in your game reaching another yearly milestone. Events to get your community together, titles, maybe a few freebies or items earned through participating in quests are always a positive.

To me both anniversaries have given me a sense of "meh" from the dev team, with about a minutes thought going into anything related to the event itself. If the people who make the game don't seem too excited about an anniversary, why should I?

I They complain because the gifts seemingly have no thought behind them concerning the actual event they give them for. Bioware has more to celebrate than the players that this game survived two whole years in this market, why not show some damn enthusiasm and celebrate with us.

Oh, you survived a whole year playing a computer game. You poor thing. You must be exhausted.

I see the entitlement club is in full swing today.

Isn't it always?

Edited by branmakmuffin

I would rather they rewarded me with the announcement of a sizeable expansion.

We just got a sizable expansion.

Totally agree OP, i've put 2 years into this game and we get this thing that was thought up in 2 minutes. It's just lazy.

Have you contacted support about your inability to play the game for the past two years?

And FYI, it's a game you play for fun, not something you "put [time] into."

Edited by branmakmuffin