KOTET chapters - your opinion?

adamstiber

Hello everyone!

I am so disgusted. This was mine far worst gaming experience ever. I really never felt so bored, tired, exhausted.

- Everything is so predictable and so bad!

- Vailyn is awful!!!! Her look, voice, laugh, attitude.

- Skytroopers, more Skytroopers + Horizons, Nathema zealots (technicaly skytroopers in different gear)

- How many chapters ending with "ESCAPE" and you have to run entire instance back on start.

- Chapter VI - worst garbage, stupid maze..... with skytroopers ofc.

- Chapter with Valkorion + final fight - i was about to commit suicide

- again using force with agent + blaster pistol in cutscenes lul? where em I hiding it...in my boots, behind belt, under balls?

- no companions returned, gg wp for those ppl who lvled Vette/Torian

- tbh didnt enjoyed playing as Walker, it was like 3-4 times? clunky, slow, just pressing buttons and watch stuff dying. at least big robot was fun.

Edited by adamstiber

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected more from Vaylin and Senya.

I took a lightsaber to the chest and laughed it off. I expected her to throw my INQ around like a ragdoll.

While im on that scene ... Senya ... you stood there and watched me do it and ... nothing? after everything she said about redeeming her children Why didn't you step in?! or Arcaan for that matter?! She listened to Arcaan during the final fight ... why didn't you pitch in?!

I liked most of it, however there were some unforgivable flaws.

Little to none companion interaction;

Everything felt rushed, more like a movie than a game, the player can't take a break and explore the map and interact with the npcs there;

Extremely abrupt ending, I mean, seriously? After all that we get only a small cinematic and Lana and Theron practically saying that your "throne" will be contested soon enough? Where Are my romance interactions? Where are my old companions? What happened to talking to your crew?;

So basically, my biggest complain is lack of interaction outside the main events

While I agree that the walkers were a bit much, the assault on Odessen when it asked me to get in a walker the second time I was like "Really?!". The first time on Voss I did like it, I was pretty excited. I even sent a snap of it to a friend who plays (as if that constitutes massive excitement)

My only real issue is how short it was, it took me a mere few hours to do everything. I was expecting a full day or two at least. I just wish it had been longer (with content, not "run out of this area you ran into").

Overall I kinda liked it.

On the Vaylin side of things:

We get a Cinematic to show what she was like as a child, we then see that she is seriously abused as a child and teenager and then in Chapter 7 we learn how bad it was. Short of death they could do anything to her....

Okay that is someone I feel sorry for, yet the Story is Arcann's redemption story someone who in comparison had a lovely childhood (he had a twin brother that looked out for him at every step of the way and never abandoned him). Now I killed Arcann, screw turning this into fairy tale kingdom.

However nothing you say or do with Vaylin has the slightest effect, she always forces the same story. Kill her mother shes angry you killed her (spare her mother I'm going to hazard a guess she's not pleased), tell her shes being used by Valkorian or Scorpio she does what they want, try to help her she get angry and tries to kill you. I could go into more but basically every conversation choice with her ends the same way.

So for some reason the creative staff really seem to have made some odd choices with Vaylin turning her more and more into a characture while moving the Arcann story into if you get enough hugs from your mummy then it makes everything alright.

On the Vaylin side of things:

We get a Cinematic to show what she was like as a child, we then see that she is seriously abused as a child and teenager and then in Chapter 7 we learn how bad it was. Short of death they could do anything to her....

Okay that is someone I feel sorry for, yet the Story is Arcann's redemption story someone who in comparison had a lovely childhood (he had a twin brother that looked out for him at every step of the way and never abandoned him). Now I killed Arcann, screw turning this into fairy tale kingdom.

[/Quote]

Arcann is horribly abused. Valk throws him and Thexan out to play with the Dark Side without telling them anything about it. Rather, he feeds psychological abuse that will only lead in that direction. Arcann snaps first and "wins" the contest but he still isn't told or given anything. Valk still considers him a loser.

I enjoyed KOTET for the most part. The only thing that bothers me is that the Eternal throne is basically forced on you. Some of my chars simply don't want anything to do with it. Reminds me of the Inquisition. Oh, and where the **** is Scions????

I loved it but holy crap why did they have to Virmire us?

Not to gloat, but I called it back when KotFE was first dropped, and it was met with, "NUH UH! Bioware CAN'T do that to a romanceable companion because we can't save our games like you can with a single player game! You're stupid for even THINKING that'll happen."

My reply was that we'd still be able to get them from the terminal if we needed them for crafting/other activities outside of the story.

Newp. Was called stupid and ridiculous.

I was right, they were wrong.

And it'll happen again (Virmire/Fade choices). Trust me.

Don't get me wrong, it was heartbreaking letting *PASSING TRUCK* die. I'm just pleased to be right :p

(This discussion happened on Reddit, not on these forums.)

Edited by AngFour

They send you mail after you complete the story, it basically saids ''We'll meet soon, because you're journey isn;t done yet''

I know but it still felt kinda weird that they didn't show up in kotet. Sending email doesn't count.

Edited by Jennica

Not to gloat, but I called it back when KotFE was first dropped, and it was met with, "NUH UH! Bioware CAN'T do that to a romanceable companion because we can't save our games like you can with a single player game! You're stupid for even THINKING that'll happen."

My reply was that we'd still be able to get them from the terminal if we needed them for crafting/other activities outside of the story.

Don't get me wrong, it was heartbreaking letting *PASSING TRUCK* die. I'm just pleased to be right :p

The way it happened, man...if it had been like a glorious death in battle, they cover your escape or something, or they are fatally injured but you get to like comfort them and talk to them before they die or something it would have been sad but not...wow but no. It was horrific (but damn if it doesn't make for a better story).

I chose to save Vette because I think of her as more of a helpless civilian and I thought Torian would have a warrior's death or we'd be able to save him but seeing him butchered like an animal on his knees I just...T_T

Though I did find myself screaming "Take

Lana

instead!" I love both of our choice characters too, I mean there were so many other choices where I could have picked one and been mildly sad but not these two. I have a ton of alts but now I'm thinking I wont complete KotET with them, just the first few chapters. I don't want to go through that again T_T

Edited by Nefla

I chose to save Vette because I think of her as more of a helpless civilian and I thought Torian would have a warrior's death or we'd be able to save him but seeing him butchered like an animal on his knees I just...T_T

I saved Vette for the exact same reason and thought EXACTLY the same way you did about how Torian died. I got a little sad when the pop up "Torian is slightly disappointed" but I thought, "Hey, warrior's death. It sucks, but you'll go out a hero." Then he just had his neck snapped right before you...that was awful and I'm not even a big Torian fan. (Nothing against him or anything, he's just not someone who registers on my "Favorite BW Companion" radar.)

On the plus side, the letter from Shae Viszla indicates that he's going down in history as a "Mother Effing Hero!!1!" so it's not all bad.

Makes me wonder who'll get "Virmired" next.

I saved Vette for the exact same reason and thought EXACTLY the same way you did about how Torian died. I got a little sad when the pop up "Torian is slightly disappointed" but I thought, "Hey, warrior's death. It sucks, but you'll go out a hero." Then he just had his neck snapped right before you...that was awful and I'm not even a big Torian fan. (Nothing against him or anything, he's just not someone who registers on my "Favorite BW Companion" radar.)

On the plus side, the letter from Shae Viszla indicates that he's going down in history as a "Mother Effing Hero!!1!" so it's not all bad.

Makes me wonder who'll get "Virmired" next.

Lana and Theron? Honestly I was surprised that this didn't happen with them in this expansion, as I played I was almost waiting for something big to happen to separate them and I'd have to choose who to save.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Lana and Theron? Honestly I was surprised that this didn't happen with them in this expansion, as I played I was almost waiting for something big too happen to separate them and I'd have to choose who to save./

Maybe they'll pull a card from the Joker's deck and the opposite of the one we pick will die.

That would be just brutal.

LOLOLOL Oh this is Gold ! Thanx for the lolz :D

I honestly thought it was a huge step up from KOTFE, and really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but the story was a lot stronger and I enjoyed the variety of quests we had to do. For example, the bit where we had to pilot the mouse droid, or the party for Vaylin (though it reminded me of DA:I lol)! I also thought the balance between story and combat was much better than KOTFE.

Lana and Theron? Honestly I was surprised that this didn't happen with them in this expansion, as I played I was almost waiting for something big to happen to separate them and I'd have to choose who to save.

Probably not since they are now Biowares go-to companions to deliver exposition, move the plot forward by giving you missions and fill in for other characters who darkside players have killed.