Cancelling my account and they want an explanation

Lechonator

This is 2012 , not 2004 . Sorry but this was a lousy launch . How can you actually release a game with no Flashpoint queue system , no pvp balance , faulty programming which makes Warzones lag , faction disbalanced issues and reward people that didnt slept for days so they get to kill in warzones with the good gear and win always almost by default ; which makes the farming for them super easy. Honestly this is a huge dissapointment .I advise you to look the other way , to successful MMO's like WoW before releasing a game like this . Either you keep up or dont get in the competition. All you going to get out of this is a few months and then its free 2 play! Game feels like its 2004...just saying

Your disapproval is noted, however, this game was in development since about 2006. It's interesting how you cite WoW as a successful MMO and indeed it has been but it had a shotty launch as well, plagued by a multitude of bugs. Warzones weren't around in WoW at launch neither were dungeon queues, yet it still took off. In order to compare this game to WoW properly you should analyze both at their launch, in reality, their about the same. I'd give this one a bit of an edge because it had stuff that it probably learned from WoW but WoW itself didn't innovate but re iterated what already existed and made it smooth and more enjoyable. It took what was good and made it better and left out what drew a lot of complaints. Balance was also a HUGE issue at WoW launch too since it wasn't until Burning Crusade that both factions got the same classes (Paladins/Shamans) so there was always an outcry about how one class was more OP then the other and how one never got to go raiding and so on. (I draw all this since I played WoW a couple weeks after launch...since it was almost impossible to be there AT launch due to the same queue problems in this game)

It's also funny that you mention being upset about being asked "Why" you want to quit. Every single time I took a break from WoW I would be asked everytime why I was desubbing with that corny human begging animation and the crying orc. They ask, so they can try and see if they can use that feedback to improve the game if you have a "real" problem with it's mechanics. In reality, I believe it is generally agreed that of most MMOs to release to date the most "complete" was "Rift" and I never really got to play that one in spite of the good things I heard. I had been disenfranchised with MMOs at the time...burned out by WoW and while the similarities are there I like the interactive story and FPs in this one and it feels alot less boring doing your regular grinds here. Just incase you want to add why play a "clone". Bioware has always had great stories...I also can't wait till Mass Effect 3

This is 2012 , not 2004 . Sorry but this was a lousy launch . How can you actually release a game with no Flashpoint queue system , no pvp balance , faulty programming which makes Warzones lag , faction disbalanced issues and reward people that didnt slept for days so they get to kill in warzones with the good gear and win always almost by default ; which makes the farming for them super easy. Honestly this is a huge dissapointment .I advise you to look the other way , to successful MMO's like WoW before releasing a game like this . Either you keep up or dont get in the competition. All you going to get out of this is a few months and then its free 2 play! Game feels like its 2004...just saying

WoW asks you why you quit as well.

Just saying even if this game loses 90% of the subs it won't go F2P. EA hasn't made DaoC, UO or WAR F2P why would they start with this?

EDIT:

This is 2012 not 2004 please learn how to post in the CORRECT FORUM. People are here to talk about Star Wars not about your WoW fandom.

Edited by jarjarloves

I used WoW as an example and recognition of a great game , but im not playing it anymore cause I already had 8 years of fun and now im done with it. So the wow fan boy comments ( which none are smart comments btw) don't really elaborate anything. Its true that the launch didn't had those features but that's my point IT SHOULD. We've been spoiled with other MMO's with great features and it has became the "default" features a game should have before releasing it. I can give you a great example. How many of you (and be honest) have played a new mmo in the past just ot leave WoW because it got you bored or w/e reason ; then you play this new mmo and realize how great WoW features are and you end up cancelling ? Examples are all over , you can start by Rift. So please if you're going to post a wow fan boy reply over and over again well be my guest , but recognize this isn't the point :)

I used WoW as an example and recognition of a great game , but im not playing it anymore cause I already had 8 years of fun and now im done with it. So the wow fan boy comments ( which none are smart comments btw) don't really elaborate anything. Its true that the launch didn't had those features but that's my point IT SHOULD. We've been spoiled with other MMO's with great features and it has became the "default" features a game should have before releasing it. I can give you a great example. How many of you (and be honest) have played a new mmo in the past just ot leave WoW because it got you bored or w/e reason ; then you play this new mmo and realize how great WoW features are and you end up cancelling ? Examples are all over , you can start by Rift. So please if you're going to post a wow fan boy reply over and over again well be my guest , but recognize this isn't the point :)

I refer to my well thought out post where I addressed all that. You can't judge something new with something established. Then cite as to why it makes it good or bad. Good reason why they probably didn't do it yet is because it's still in development or planning on being added later because ALREADY there IS people asking for FP queues but there is a debate being held that they want it to be same server only, which I concur with. None of this cross server cacophony that WoW had. No game is without balance issues at launch..or any other problem you cited as your reason for not liking this game. The hate toward the people who "don't sleep" getting all the good gear...the initial ladder system in WoW during the Grand Marshal/High Warlord days was the same absolute BS and other then cool titles you HAD to play without sleep...it was annoying and I -hated- it. So, again that was "changed" and isn't present in this game..which is also why they're adding a level 50 bracket because the 50s currently have that "Gear" advantage you speak of 1-49 seem to run ok and I didn't hate it when I was in the warzones at launch...its only when it was swarmed by 50s in champion gear that ***** everyone much like resilience vs non resil because of the "expertise" that gear yields.

Your arguments are moot because most of them will be addressed in a few content patch updates from now, but because WoW has spoiled people they use it as a lynchpin for all OTHER MMOs. I wonder if that means Blizzard's other MMO "Titan" will fail because it's also not WoW. I'm just saying, once again, these kinda games evolve and change and that game you like to use to classify all other games by it...didn't have all those "neat" things at launch either. If you played for 8 years...you would know this.

Didn't you quit? Why are you still on our forums?

And the wrong one to boot.

The only thing I am going to mention about queue's for dungeons is that it takes away from the best PvP moments you have on PvP servers. There is nothing like waiting for your group to show up to the dungeon and then bam, a epic PvP battle in front of the instance zone in point. I am glad there are not any instant que's for dungeons. Anyways, all I am saying about that.

You're right, it is now 2012. However, something that hasn't changed is the time and effort it takes to code games and integrate features. To do cross server, it takes time to code these things, and time to test it. For launches, it is better to not include them. In regards to Flashpoint queuing, I'm happy there isn't one right now. When they do put on it, I hope that it is not cross server.

Also, when WoW released, there were no Battlegrounds. This game launched with 3. While WoW had some dungeons at release, several came later in the following patches, and the existing ones were reduced in player size. This game launched with as many as WoW had after all these patches.

Shortly after WoW, they had 24 hour maintenance days, and 1000+ player queue times. I play on a Heavy - Full server, and at launch, the most I saw my queue times were around 300. This was also due to the fact that Bioware spread out the guilds at launch, a brilliant move by them. In regards to maintenance, Bioware has been great about these, such as last weeks that was scheduled for 8 hours, but servers were up after 2.5 hours.

Hands down this launch was handled extremely well compared to most games. While I didn't play Rift at launch, I have heard from others that Rift's launch has been the best in recent years.

I'll weigh in on the Rift launch. Went great, not a whole lot of trouble though MAN the rush was crazy. You couldn't kill quest mobs to save your life!

I was there with WoW as well. Don't remember it nearly as much but I don't recall it being bad. But PVP balance was horrific back then. (Still isn't great now!)

In all seriousness though, the only problem Rift suffered at first was a lack of end game content. I'm not playing it anymore, though as a whole it's a far better game than WoW.

If EA/Bio stay on top of things they could make this game better than WoW as well. Maybe not bigger but honestly, who wants the rabid WoW crowd around anyway? =P

Edited by PartVI

while its your money dont say this is a bad game. fine your only concern in the game is pvp aspect as well yeah you are leaning to that complaint more then often but if you noticed this game is getting a 9 out of 10 for some reason. its not easy to lvl like other mmo's i know. it has content. tones of it small and big. its massive in size. it has space features. the last game to have both land and space features failed and went ftp and is still failing.

The game has a grace period and so far it is hearing its community and taking notes. I will give this company time because there content is strong as hell and for those who rushed leveled with no sleep cool for you. now you can go make your own gear to be a beast in pvp. this is star wars and there is always a bigger fish. the guy who quit wouldnt complain if he was on top with the best gear and record but its a game that has its time to add on to the game. I think they will adjust the game and make expansions before its content drys up.

I can't wrap my head around this WoW vs. SWTOR animosity. Sure, they are both the premiere mmorpg's and both set very high expectations and this is expected. I don't understand the idea that you have to take a side. I don't understand the "Go back to wow comments" People can like more than one game, even play more than one game. I'm tired of hearing the same old arguments for each game. Grow up.

funny how ppl speak about balance. they probably where FOTM on wow.

my main is an assassin, but atm i am playing a BH, on warfront i killed every class is in the game and then every class killed me, so i cant really complain.

but again im 41, wondering how many of balance whiner are lvl 50 with decent gear.

This game lack of content, balance isnt a big issue, the issue is that is hard to test your char outside of the warzone due to carebear questing on illum cause of a wierd mechanics.

But guys, onestly, wow isnt better:

There is no balance, there is FOTM

Only through FOTM i can pwn

and because i pwn, i have a pocket healer

and the arena boost, shall be free.

I agree that for a launch of a big software product, not bad, and could have been, and for the money they claim they spent, should have been better.

My issue is all the missing bells and whistles that are known MMO standards that are missing. The UI and chat windows are great examples.

Is everyone at BW / EA so lame that they have not heard of Lessons Learned and Standard Features? What about buying and using those other games and integrating the best features from each for the UI and Chat?

Just saying.

Every single time I read the OPs for threads like these I'm always confronted by the fact that the OP has apparently not been in many MMO launches. SWTOR was playable at launch, by all means SWTOR launch was possibly the best launch I've been in simply by virtue of being playable, this is not something that could be said about games like WoW or DAoC. Which is hilariously sad because the OP points to WoW as an awesome game to emulate and further reinforces my point as it took a month of 24-hour patches over bittorrent and daily server creation to deal with overpopulation for WoW to become playable.

WoW has pandas. Ergo it is inferior to every other MMO and inferior to basically any other game ever made including board games. I would rather play candyland than be a kung fu panda....even though Jack Black is awesome pandas are really not all that cool.

everytime I hear someone say this game will be free to play milk comes out of my nose. It might end up being free to play......in 2025.

WoW has pandas. Ergo it is inferior to every other MMO and inferior to basically any other game ever made including board games. I would rather play candyland than be a kung fu panda....even though Jack Black is awesome pandas are really not all that cool.

everytime I hear someone say this game will be free to play milk comes out of my nose. It might end up being free to play......in 2025.

To be fair, the pandas were in WoW Lore longgg before Kung-Fu Panda. Still...Jack Black has this way of sticking in your head :p

I am sorry but I think your being just plain stupid. ALL mmo's have problems at launch even when WoW launched it had Major bug issues that took several years too fix. So obviously you dont know as much about games, mmo's in perticular as well as you think you do. Also it will be YOU who will be disapointed not those of us planning to stick it out. Plus no mmo becomes free 2 play after just a few months it takes YEARS for an pay 2 play mmo to becoma a free 2 play. I mean it took over 3 years for LOTOR to become free 2 play and the parent company of WoW is only now considering WoW for free 2 play and its been over 5 years since it was launched! Besides as far as I know EVERY pay 2 play game asks you why you are cancelling your account. All this thread is is a rant with no real evidence to back it up I suggest you have better facts to back up a claim before shooting your mouth off.

About the only thing I agree with the TS on is that there really should be a flash point que system. I really have absolutely no idea why there isn't, I mean even DCUO has a dungeon que system and that games blows. Edited by Lolargasm

Success DOES NOT = Good game, sorry to break that to everyone.

I advise you to look the other way , to successful MMO's like WoW before releasing a game like this

I think Mad men needs to take a que from american idol and add judges, casue clearly, because american idol has more viewers it must be better... right?

also i'd like to point out one more thing; those of you who think you are speaking with your money when you quit... you're not. believe it or not corperations are not rabid monsters trying to rake in as many subs as humanly possible, they usually aim for a market, and try to make that portion of the consumer base happy. bioware aimed at the portion at enjoys story driven game-play. if you dont like story driven game-play, u quitting isnt making a statmement to anyone and its about as likely to spur change as you threatening to not eat at tavern on the green unless they start serving Chicken nuggets like at mcdonalds.

Edited by RobHouse