Keep Bubblestun as on live.

_Kayko_

In a particular stream, someone put up the argument that bubblestun is "OP" then continued on with a video link. So, with that, I present this evidence of how "overpowered" bubblestun is.

For those who do not wish to watch the video, it is of a 4's premade mostly against what appears to be primary pug groups. 2 healers (one member BS spec) and 2 dps. These people are actually using bubble offensively and manually removing the bubble for the stun along with doing good target switching to allow the full stun effect to work.

Only once during the entire video (multiple clips of different warzones) does this team actually take an objective. Multiple occasions they out number the people they are against and still do not manage to make a kill or complete an objective with this tactic.

In fact, other videos that they show that do not use BS spec, they seem to be performing better. So with that, BS spec appears to be handicap for the teams that have it.

I know many people will continue to go with the "OP" argument, though really, you just want to QQ cause you are slightly inconvenienced by a stun, I propose that Bioware puts in a hacky sack or perhaps a dance dance rev style warzone for you that don't wish to actually have to fight or perhaps having your character die in a warzone.

In conclusion, Bubblestun as it stands on live is not overpowered. It doesn't need to be changed. It is not a free win in the slightest for teams that have it. It takes a lot of work to maintain bubblestun and should remain as it stands for those who are skilled enough to use it as effectively as possible. Changing the ability in the manner that they are just deters people from having a choice in their play style. No point in herding more people into specific cookie cutter specs because the majority can not differentiate between strong and annoying.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how people complain how the bubble stun is oh-so-horrible in pvp, but at the same time tell that the skill tree where the bubble stun is is ah-so-horrible. (Probably because of all the channeling.) Put bubble stun to almost top of that skill tree and at least 1 of the problems would solve itself lol.

Haven't noticed bubble stun being any more dangerous than some other aoe stun. Though I do like to play with ranged classes a lot, and those stuns tend to be more like a melee problem.

If bubblestun changes don't go through? I will recancel my sub. I only re subbed because of the change coming in 2.0.

I am sorry but with buffs to snipers and their counter being stealth? Bubblestun staying in the game would be even worse then it is now.

Bubblestun was the stupidest thing ever put into this game. Nothing else even comes close.

Stun should not be in PvP, period. It's retarded and just make PvP frustrating. It's a cheap solution for bad PvP dev teams, when they don't have any good idea they throw in stun instead. Also it covers up the crappy graphic engine. We used to get stunned for 1-2 mins before they made PvP a total stunfest, so now it's not that obvious.

Ok well if the bubble stun is being nerf. lets nerf all the tech stuns to make this fair. This means no more flash bangs/sleeper darts or dart stuns. and lets buff all the dps powers. then we will be able to pvp the way it was suppost to be

If flashbang and sleeper darts were stuns and all of that was on a very short CD with very small resolve gain then your argument would stand.

Unfortunately, they aren't. It's going away 2.0.

Good riddance.

Ok well if the bubble stun is being nerf. lets nerf all the tech stuns to make this fair. This means no more flash bangs/sleeper darts or dart stuns. and lets buff all the dps powers. then we will be able to pvp the way it was suppost to be

Is flash bang an automatic CC? No. Moving on....

You have a ranged stun a ranged slow a soft cc, a aoe knockback. You don't need more CC lol. Especially not AUTOMATIC PLAY FOR YOU CC...

snipped.

Bubble stuns are the most asinine thing they have ever implemented in this game (when it comes to stuns). I sometimes wonder, what a Developer was actually thinking when they thought this would be something good for PvP. The fact they went this long unchanged is beyond most around here.

Bubble stuns are the most asinine thing they have ever implemented in this game (when it comes to stuns). I sometimes wonder, what a Developer was actually thinking when they thought this would be something good for PvP. The fact they went this long unchanged is beyond most around here.

So...in other words, get rid of the one true defensive capability available to the Sorcerer/Sage (Force Barrier does not count and it is a wasted skill), thus making it easier to kill the most squishiest class in the game. Is this what you and the others are advocating? Why not take it a step further, petition (read QQ) BioWare to just remove the Sorcerer/Sages from the game completely? I mean why keep them around if they aren't worth a damn for any Ranked PvP or PvP in general when they can be destroyed in 3 to 5 GCDs? Make sense to you? The other classes with Medium & Heavy armor have all the damage mitigation and defensives to last 2 to 3 times as long as any Sorcerer/Sage can in a WZ, so you all don't have nothing to worry about. However, give these to cloth wearing ACs the ability to 'stun you for 3 seconds with Static Barrier/Force Armor' it is ruining the game for everyone!

Sorry, but the bubble stun is not going away. It will be there in the TK/Lightning trees. I will continue to use it on my Hybrid Sorcerer/Sage. I will still laugh at watching all those smashers who jump on me to smash finding themselves holding their eyes as I make a mad dash for some where safe. I will continue to use it until such time they put some real defensive cooldowns and damage mitigation in all the trees or baseline powers in these two classes; running away does not count either.

In a particular stream, someone put up the argument that bubblestun is "OP" then continued on with a video link. So, with that, I present this evidence of how "overpowered" bubblestun is.

[/color]

I think you missed the point of the vid. The point of the vid was lulz. They weren't even trying to cap objectves, just stun as many people with bubble pops as possible.

I think you missed the point of the vid. The point of the vid was lulz. They weren't even trying to cap objectves, just stun as many people with bubble pops as possible.

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would mistake that for an actual attempt at wz play. Damn good video, though.

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would mistake that for an actual attempt at wz play. Damn good video, though.

The fact that they kept giggling like little girls in the second sped-up half of the vid somehow doubled the hilarity.

To the OP just no its gone deal with it your useless mezz self only bubble is crap blame yaself for abusing it

Yes people playing the bubblestun spec for 8+ months is why sometime in May* of this year it is getting reworked a long with every other talent tree for the upcoming expansion.

If anything its' more of a refresher than a nerf, since all the popular stuff (Smash, Arsenal Mercs, etc) is getting either tweaked or punched in the mouth.

With brand new talent trees, and reworked stat distributions though, its' hard to call it a nerf when for all we know the new instant Revivification, Overload heal, and 25% Dmg debuff among other things might very well propel Sorc past where it is now.