Merc or PT (Not Doing PVP)

melancholyroar

My friend wants me to level a char with him and so here I am. I have just finished leveling a Marauder and so am not looking for a PVP alt.

I keep hearing alot about how Merc sucks but its mainly talking about PVP and doesnt mention much about leveling and for PVE endgame. Im not too interested in healing either.

Essentially is Merc a viable class for leveling DPS-wise or is PT the go to class for everything?

(Tree recommendations would be nice too :D )

Of all the classes, I hate Powertech the most.

Mercs, however, are awesome. You bring so much to a group:

1. CC against anything, not just droids.

2. Spot heals and cure.

3. Single-target DPS is phenomenal while being far more mobile than snipers, and pretty good AOE damage as well.

There's a reason so many Mercs seem to be around all the time. It's only going to get more popular after 2.0 hits.

I am currently levelling a Merc and I LOVE him!!!! He wipes NPCs clean out. With Mako healing I feel almost invincible. I had a Jedi Sentinel at first, but my Hunter just became my main. Even though you are stood there like a turret doing some pretty insane damage and fast kills, It is so far my favourite class.

Merc seems great for PvE.

If you plan on or intend on doing any tanking then PT is the way to go. They still have good DPS as well. If you want straight damage or don't mind tossing the occasional heal the Marc is the way to go. I have one of each and like em both.

If you plan on or intend on doing any tanking then PT is the way to go. They still have good DPS as well. If you want straight damage or don't mind tossing the occasional heal the Marc is the way to go. I have one of each and like em both.

Good part of each is that if you get tired of 2 hour FP queues, you can always respec to heals on Merc and tnk on PT.

Helps to have a spare set of gear around