Soooo... I CAN HAZ GUNSHIP PLZ?

goingnumb

So GS access in early access required even earlier subscription to get. If you subscribed in December you subscribed too late.

They have announced GS will be free for subs but a paid unlock for F2P.

We also know that F2P preferred get access mid month. Also mid February will be game update 2.6 which will be full release that includes the bomber and another GS.

Actually 2.5 and 2.6 seem to be two parts of the same release concept. Both are GSF based releases but also major class balance changes, my Merc healer is getting a buff woot!

What I can't answer is if GS release is going to be this month or next.

Proper release is going to be 2014-02-04 along with 2.6, the Mid-January thing is only going to open up the "open beta" to preferred players with some titles and equipment fluff thrown in, but no ship unlocks (or as it seems any new content).

What I can't answer is if GS release is going to be this month or next.

This month. Preferred and later subscribers get their gunships on Jan 14th. Wish I could remember where it was stated, but it was pretty unambiguous. What we can't answer is if people will have to purchase their gunship first. My guess is we get the first one free, then have to use fleet req/cartel coins to buy any further models.

This month. Preferred and later subscribers get their gunships on Jan 14th. Wish I could remember where it was stated, but it was pretty unambiguous. What we can't answer is if people will have to purchase their gunship first. My guess is we get the first one free, then have to use fleet req/cartel coins to buy any further models.

Well for subs anyway. all F2P will need to buy GS and probably Bomber unlock with cartel Coins.

Well for subs anyway. all F2P will need to buy GS and probably Bomber unlock with cartel Coins.

Thus far, nothing is Cartel Coin only, so I dunno why you would think that.

The comments thus far are that everyone gets the "gunship unlock" in Feb. That doesn't sound like "we unlocked the ability to unlock the gunship", it sounds like those guys will have the gunship just like the rest of us do.

The bombers will be fleet req- this hasn't been stated, but it should be pretty obvious.

We are expecting five new ships on each faction. One is a new gunship (which could be cartel coin or fleet req, but if it's cartel coin, it will probably just be a retarded looking version of the current gunship), and two are bombers (almost guaranteed to be fleet req). The final two are not announced, but presumably are strikes and/or scouts, but who knows if fleet or cartel. The most boring thing would be, they are a cartel version of the Quell/Pike and a cartel version of the Novadive/Blackbolt.