Any PVP genius who does well with Hatred Assassin?

DaZeeZee

I'm told Hatred kind of sucks in pvp, but I'm interested in finding and speaking to some pvp genius who made it do well if such a person is around.

please do tell me if you are or know someone who made hatred work well in pvp.

I'm told Hatred kind of sucks in pvp, but I'm interested in finding and speaking to some pvp genius who made it do well if such a person is around.

I'm not a pvp player, but it does sound interesting. I remember some stories (threads/posts) about really good pvp player(s), taking the 'worst' class (at the time) in to pvp, and kicking ***.

It can be fun in regs. You can get some insane self heals with the QE tactical. I lack the skill and inclination to take it into ranked tho. There are a couple of unicorn hatred sins out there... maybe one of them will reply here. Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Any pvp genius can make the worst class specs look OP.

The problem with your question is your premise that you can become a pvp genius over night, when it’s mostly innate talent these guys have built into their gaming DNA. It’s not something they can easily teach because they are the 0.5% of players who can turn bad specs into awesome specs like an alchemist can turn lead into gold.

I’m also not saying you are bad or that you can’t learn to make it work with lots of hard work and help. Just that you are picking a really hard battle to fight and probably a long one to get good enough to make it work.

If you can’t naturally pick up any spec and with run it like it’s OP (which 99.5% of us can’t), then my friend, you might be better off considering an easier path. But if you do go down this path, I wish you well on your quest to get the One Ring to Mordor.:D

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Its not subjevtive in this case. You can run it in regs and do ok, but that spec gets deleted in ranked.

Wow, really ? Have you tried it yourself that come here stating this info so confidently ? Or you are just repeating what others are saying... ?

It gets deleted in ranked , you say. All classes get deleted in ranked, dude... How about you come up with some detailed info as to why it "sucks" ? Of course you can't, since you don't even play ranked on hatred sin... Not sure if you even play ranked at all.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I'm not a pvp player, but it does sound interesting. I remember some stories (threads/posts) about really good pvp player(s), taking the 'worst' class (at the time) in to pvp, and kicking ***.

The 0.5% top players or Unicorn players that make the worst seem the best. I wish I had that sort of gaming DNA :D

Wow, really ? Have you tried it yourself that come here stating this info so confidently ? Or you are just repeating what others are saying... ?

It gets deleted in ranked , you say. All classes get deleted in ranked, dude... How about you come up with some detailed info as to why it "sucks" ? Of course you can't, since you don't even play ranked on hatred sin... Not sure if you even play ranked at all.

It has no burst, its ramp up time is slow and the spec is extremely squishy. Anyone with half a brain will tell you the spec is trash for pvp.

i recently play hatred and yes it is very squishy but few people do make it work but usually accompanied by healer otherwise you can get high number like in odessen but without any healer you are bound to die alot

I only play Hatred sin in ranked but I am not what you would call a pvp genious.

There are matches where the spec shines, but its mainly tank/healer games. I had a few good matches where we were against 2 maras, jugg tank and i was hatred with lethality operative. The enemy team just melted (we had PT tank). But those are the good matches, there arent many like that.

The main problem is that people know you. When the enemy team sees me, im their focus right away, but you can make use of that. Mostly it works, but a lot of times there is little you can do. A typical match looks like you running in, applying dots, spreading them, death field and then you are already so focused and your HP went down so much u need to use medpac and stealthout. The problem is after that. Your cds are not yet back but your team is 3v4 without you so you need to go back but as soon as u pop out they stun and kill you. Thats how a bad match goes.

Playing hatred sin really comes down to the class setup in the arena and also if u will be focused or not. If u are against 4 rdps you are done for. If u r up against 4 mdps you should shine. Its also a good startegy to run/kite when the enemies focus you, since it gives your team time to kill one of the enemies before you die.

In general, you are not the exactly the guy who charges in first. Its importnat to chose the right utilities for your gameplay. You need to decide between rooting on knockback or instant whirlwind etc. But thats up to u how you like to play.

I have a fair amount of experience with Hatred Sin, though I wouldn't consider myself a PvP genius, so perhaps take my advice with a grain of salt.

Hatred is a pretty squishy spec. To give you an exact reason as to why people say that it melts in PvP, Hatred has roughly 24% less Damage Reduction than Deception, due to a lack of Entropic field (9% DR) and Dark Embrace (15% DR after using Maul). So right out the gate, you're going to be taking 24% more damage than your Deception counterparts from any given attack. Additionally, Hatred lacks Low Slash, which is a tool which allows you to not just control enemy players, but mitigate damage by locking out an enemy DPS 4 times per minute, for a total of 16 seconds of Mezz for every minute that the match goes on. If you just assume that an enemy DPS does about 5k damage per second, Low Slashing an enemy DPS on cooldown will prevent an incoming 80k Damage per minute. So already, you can see how the damage is racking up against you as a Hatred player.

Layering onto this, Hatred's damage mainly comes from being able to cleave it's DoTs onto other players. Sometimes the queue makes realizing this goal rather difficult. Basically, the main reason to bring Hatred over Deception is the ability to pressure an enemy team with DoTs, but if the queue isn't mostly melee, you won't even have that going for you, which means you're effectively a worse version of Deception, lacking the tools to control enemy players as well as lacking the raw Damage Reduction to keep yourself up in the fight. Hatred requires a lot of nuance in learning when to Line of Sight and kite (yes, you kite a ton as a melee dps in this spec), and learning when to sit in the middle of the fight and AoE things.

That being said, if you still want to queue Hatred, I highly recommend the Quick Escalation build. You run 45% crit chance so that all QE procs after the initial one have a 100% crit chance, and you will basically just be spamming Leeching Strike to mitigate damage by healing back most of the damage that you take. It's fun to pull off but pretty difficult when played at maximum efficiency, since that would require you to manually right click off the QE buff after 3 stacks in order to prevent Leeching Strike from going on cooldown, allowing you to continue spamming Leeching Strike for more healing.

Overall though, I wouldn't recommend taking Hatred into Ranked, mostly for the reasons I've stated above, and also because it has a steep learning curve and even after thousands of hours of gameplay, people won't approve of your decision.

Overall though, I wouldn't recommend taking Hatred into Ranked, mostly for the reasons I've stated above, and also because it has a steep learning curve and even after thousands of hours of gameplay, people won't approve of your decision.

Yeah i regularly get that. People call me thrower cause of the spec, they tell me to stop quing or to respec etc.

I'm interested in finding and speaking to some pvp genius who made it do well if such a person is around.

There isn't. Because Hatred is pretty much incapable of doing well save for a rare exception in class composition.

Quick Escalation is good against Operatives in conjunction with the Leeching Strike root, really good.

In 1v1s I can see it be good in certain cases as well. But better then Deception? Doubtful.

And aside from that its **** against pretty much everything else mainly due to the fact that it has little to no defensive capacity.

I'm not dumb enough to think anyone can become a pvp genius overnight. Nobody got good at anything fast. practice is everything.

But knowing WHAT to practice and getting tips can speed up the process a bit.

Yeah i regularly get that. People call me thrower cause of the spec, they tell me to stop quing or to respec etc.

People like that need to be deleted. they have no right to exist and should get off the game and into serious mental help.

I'm not dumb enough to think anyone can become a pvp genius overnight. Nobody got good at anything fast. practice is everything.

But knowing WHAT to practice and getting tips can speed up the process a bit.

Just depends on how much transferable knowledge you bring along

And your ability to rationalize common problems.

I personally started playing this game in late november '12 and got myself into one of the servers best 8v8 guilds before the end of january. But I learned to PvP in WoW for 3/4 years prior to that

Edited by Evolixe

Why would you care about what some basement kid tells you to do in a video game ? :D

The fact that i keep on queing should tell you that I do not care what they tell me :)

I will do my weekly tonight so I can let u know some statistics.

Edited by merovejec

Hatred sin is probably the worst dps pvp spec in the game right now. It has such a low ceiling for performance, even if you are a 300 IQ PVP Wizard it's not going to happen - the ranked games you win you would've also won in deception and of the many games you lose, some would have been winnable in deception.

It can be fun to make mid-tier specs work, but hatred is far even from that and isn't worth playing right now if your goal is to win in ranked.

If you're playing regs, play anything you find fun. All specs are viable because the biggest difference in output between players is not from spec choice, but a player's GCD utilization, and rotational/dcd knowledge. In other words, lots of players playing no where near the ceiling of their class, so hatred's low ceiling is not as noticeable. Plus, focus is no where near as coordinated so your lack of dcds don't hurt as much.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Bad specs will only look good against potatoes. There's a reason for that, class balance is out the window, certain classes are incredibly good at soaking or tanking damage while also still doing it.

Then there are others that may do damage but don't survive what so ever or vice versa. Hatred is one of those specs.