Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

orangenee
10.21.2017 , 10:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Biomild View Post
A whole day downtime, in the midst of a holiday week in The Netherlands (Europe).

Why not start earlier then 3 am US time? Close their servers at midnight or even earlier for a change. Europe is always out of luck with maintenance, but this time its really bad bad.
AMERICA! **** YEAH!!

TBH, any way they do it people will be inconvenienced.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Eshvara
10.21.2017 , 10:10 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post

TBH, any way they do it people will be inconvenienced.
Exactly, people shouldn't make such a big deal out of it, imo.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Radfilar
10.21.2017 , 11:17 AM | #23
ah nice another maintenance but if it fix things than its good

morghfellan
10.21.2017 , 01:00 PM | #24
Hi There, about that Character transfer...are we going to need to transfer our characters from the servers on our OWN to the new server? and we going to need to pay for that? it won't be made automatically?

Or did I just misunderstood?

MWM_NoVaCaNe
10.21.2017 , 08:58 PM | #25
You misunderstood.

In order for them to merge the servers they have to stop allowing transfers so on the next patch transfers are on hold and the sale goes off. After the servers are merged then sometime in the future after all the bugs are worked out (yea right like that will ever happen) so lemme rephrase, when enough bugs are worked out after the server merge they will bring back the ability to transfer, but their message implies when the ability to transfer returns it will not be 90cc's as it is today.

So no you do not have to manually transfer your toons to the new server.

Biomild
10.22.2017 , 06:27 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Exactly, people shouldn't make such a big deal out of it, imo.
Well thats easy to say if you are from the US or never play during daytime in Europe. But for Europe the maintenance is always during day time and for US always during the darkest of night. So yeah at the end we miss a lot more of playtime after 6 years in Europe.... This time its even an whole day and also during a holiday...
Meilan - Proud GM of guild <<Dauntless>> @ The Red Eclipse

Eshvara
10.22.2017 , 06:45 AM | #27
Well thats easy to say if you are from the US or never play during daytime in Europe. But for Europe the maintenance is always during day time and for US always during the darkest of night. So yeah at the end we miss a lot more of playtime after 6 years in Europe.... This time its even an whole day and also during a holiday...
Well, I live in Scotland and I play during the day too when I can. I'm getting just as dicked as any other European player. You can't really make them work at weird hours just to appeal to the European players. They are based in the US, it is what it is.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Biomild
10.22.2017 , 09:17 AM | #28
Weird hours? Now they always have maintenance during their night... That are normal work hours for Americans? Learned something new here today...
Meilan - Proud GM of guild <<Dauntless>> @ The Red Eclipse

Eshvara
10.22.2017 , 09:24 AM | #29
Weird hours? Now they always have maintenance during their night... That are normal work hours for Americans? Learned something new here today...
It doesn't matter.
You have every right to complain, I just don't see what the big deal is.
Anyway, G'day.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Tsillah
10.22.2017 , 10:45 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Radfilar View Post
ah nice another maintenance but if it fix things than its good
The maintenance is primarily for making preparations for the server merges on Nov 8th.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).