Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shae Vizla Companion

SteveTheCynic
04.10.2019 , 09:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I never said she was. Nothing in my comment said she was. I said the old sub rewards should be put in as achievements similar to what they did with Darth Hexid. I used the Darth Hexid achievement as an example for how I would like old sub rewards to be made available again. That in no way says anything about Darth Hexid being a sub reward. Never said it, did happen.
Oops, yes, sorry, misread what you were saying.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

FlameYOL
04.10.2019 , 11:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarmind View Post
Players, who already got them, got them. Don't try to mention them, they don't belong in here. It's the players without these rewards we are talking about.
The forums are public, and we are as free as anyone else to comment on it.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

LD_Little_Dragon
04.10.2019 , 12:11 PM | #13
Must be subbed on this date, and only that date, rewards are not the right way to go in my opinion.

Must be subbed for (pick a number) continous months to get a reward would work better. It's still rewarding subs, and gives new players something to work towards.

With the companion rewards they can easily change them, slap a new skin and a new name on them, so that the old sub companions remain unique, but the newer companions perform the same function gameplay-wise.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

OlBuzzard
04.10.2019 , 01:02 PM | #14
In my opinion: reward or not, it's not up to me as a player to make that determination. If that charactor was made available to any of us as a reward: then it's exactly that.... a reward ! That means it was GIVEN to me as a "Thank You".

I an not going to be rude to others who are asking for an opportunity to obtain that "companion" . That does not change the significance of the gift that was GIVEN to me.
If I understand this correctly that means that the hard part of making the charactor available as a companion has already been done ( 3-D model , other graphics and coding to make the charactor work in game ) ... If that's the case then the availability is a matter of "flipping a switch" (so to speak). That decision belongs to someone within the ranks of SWTOR... not me. I don't have a problem with OP request at all.

Besides: that falming red headed woman is a hoot !

All we need now is a long cool woman in a black dress ... ( yeah ... I'm sure there's one or two of you who get that one) .

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Drenovade
04.10.2019 , 01:11 PM | #15
I don't know why some players assume these were one-time-only rewards. It makes sense to make them available again, a lot of players would sub for them. If you already have them, then congrats, you don't have to sub this time to get them. Enjoy the fact you got several years more use out of them than everyone else.

Of course, if they're just interested in hoarding exclusive rewards over those that don't have them for the sake of feeling as special a snowflake as possible, then I could understand why they'd be so against having the rewards made available again.

In any case, I like the idea of a continuous sub reward system in which both old and new promotional content is made available to players. That way both veteran and new/returning players have reason to participate.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

OlBuzzard
04.10.2019 , 01:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Drenovade View Post
I don't know why some players assume these were one-time-only rewards. It makes sense to make them available again, a lot of players would sub for them. If you already have them, then congrats, you don't have to sub this time to get them. Enjoy the fact you got several years more use out of them than everyone else.

Of course, if they're just interested in hoarding exclusive rewards over those that don't have them for the sake of feeling as special a snowflake as possible, then I could understand why they'd be so against having the rewards made available again.

In any case, I like the idea of a continuous sub reward system in which both old and new promotional content is made available to players. That way both veteran and new/returning players have reason to participate.
Well said !
We should be encouraging others... ( I like the way you siad it better than I did .. )
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

FlameYOL
04.11.2019 , 10:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Must be subbed on this date, and only that date, rewards are not the right way to go in my opinion.

Must be subbed for (pick a number) continous months to get a reward would work better. It's still rewarding subs, and gives new players something to work towards.

With the companion rewards they can easily change them, slap a new skin and a new name on them, so that the old sub companions remain unique, but the newer companions perform the same function gameplay-wise.
That would actually be a good way to go about it.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Atrox
04.17.2019 , 03:12 PM | #18
I recently returned, and after encountering her in SoR as I was progressing through the story content on my Sith Inquisitor, I was really looking forward to being able to recruit her. For some reason I was under the impression that her alliance alert recruitment was simply part of the story in KOTET or something. I'm in chapter 14 of KOTFE now, where I'm working with her, and while looking for when I would be able to recruit her, I just learned that I won't be able to recruit her at all. There's no path available to me at all. The door is just shut and locked. Simply because I wasn't subbed during a specific window of time.

Doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth, and will likely remain in the back of my mind when I decide whether I want to continue or cancel my sub. Shae won't be the sole determining factor about whether I continue to sub or not, but this whole situation is definitely a negative mark in the pro-con list.
Raijin - SI Assassin
Delacroix - IA Operative
Evil inside.

Elessara
04.17.2019 , 04:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post

I actually suggested this method quite awhile ago, be subbed for X amount of time to receive Y reward. It would certainly encourage more continuous sub time than the date specific rewards. I have never understood this "you must be subscribed on a specific date to get a reward" system SWTOR has going. It's asinine.

What I also dislike though are the threads where someone is basically stomping their feet and having a temper tantrum about not having a certain reward and how BioWare MUST release that reward again. Asking nicely and politely is one thing, demanding is another.

Monumenta
04.24.2019 , 01:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
In my opinion: reward or not, it's not up to me as a player to make that determination. If that charactor was made available to any of us as a reward: then it's exactly that.... a reward ! That means it was GIVEN to me as a "Thank You".

I an not going to be rude to others who are asking for an opportunity to obtain that "companion" . That does not change the significance of the gift that was GIVEN to me.
If I understand this correctly that means that the hard part of making the charactor available as a companion has already been done ( 3-D model , other graphics and coding to make the charactor work in game ) ... If that's the case then the availability is a matter of "flipping a switch" (so to speak). That decision belongs to someone within the ranks of SWTOR... not me. I don't have a problem with OP request at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drenovade View Post

A lot of great points made here by the sharing crowd, nice to see.