Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Defying Destiny

Lunafox
07.19.2018 , 05:08 PM | #261
Well! I think you've quite outdone yourself. Very nice, I approve!

Spoiler

MishaCantu
07.19.2018 , 10:38 PM | #262
Wonderful chapter. Ding dong...etc.

Spoiler

So imaginative and well versed. My hat's off to you. A few loose ends I take it? Guess we'll find out next week. Double kudos with sprinkles on top for this one.

JennyFlynn
07.20.2018 , 04:36 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Well! I think you've quite outdone yourself. Very nice, I approve!

Spoiler
Thank you so much! I'd worried this chapter was either too much or extremely lackluster so it's a relief to hear you enjoyed it!

Letting the Captain and other Knights live is a risk, one she's aware of and will address going forward but she saw little sense in. Slaughtering them all is what Vaylin would have done, what Arcann originally would have done and if she can avoid it, she doesn't want to be just like them. A tyrant who's worshipped through fear.

Mm, yes, poor monkey lizard and I do know you love them, I'm sorry! I was trying to think of a creature suitable as a child's pet and most cat-like types seemed too feral so this worked. I really wanted to impress on readers, and especially Eliza, that not everyone is redeemable or has a reason for turning out the way they have.

I giggled when I typed out the hand holding. It made sense to join them in that fashion in order to enter her mind but then the imagery hit me and I snorted so it's alright, lol. It also felt important to keep some humor to it and the dialogue matter, which I'm grateful for because egads, fight scenes, not my forte.

Thank you so much for your lovely words!

Quote: Originally Posted by MishaCantu View Post
Wonderful chapter. Ding dong...etc.

Spoiler

So imaginative and well versed. My hat's off to you. A few loose ends I take it? Guess we'll find out next week. Double kudos with sprinkles on top for this one.
Fight scenes always give me the grumbles to write so I do try and break them up with dialogue and banter instead, if only to avoid ending up with a Lightsaber Combat 101 guide.

No, there is little reason to kill the Knight right now and Eliza realizes he is just doing his job--protecting his home. She is in the invader in all of this but she doesn't want to start out with pointless cruelty by slaughtering those who could be valuable servants and allies instead.

From what I could recall myself, Tenebrae witnessed a fight between his mother and stepfather when he was six years old and used the Force to snap his stepfather's neck, after which he tortured his mother and then killed her too. A couple of years later, he killed his real father as well. I played off that to create these memories.

I had the situation with Vitiate in mind for a while. At least the segment of glimpsing some of his earlier memories to show that, unlike Arcann for instance, it wasn't circumstance that made him an evil man. He was born that way with no chance of understanding or redemption. The rest of it, ending up on Nathema, the spirits of the fallen aiding in his demise, that pretty much came to me on the spot and I rolled with it.

I did want to include a throwback to Lord Scourge's vision as well. It has such a foundation in the Jedi Knight story and is essentially what brings them together--I wanted to honor that and I'm glad I got to do so.

Thank you ever so much for your encouraging and lovely words.
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

JennyFlynn
07.25.2018 , 02:48 PM | #264
Just a quick note for my two active readers; Due to the current content drought and lack of story, I cannot justify paying a sub solely to post chapters on the forum so I'm letting my subscription drop until new story content is released in September. I will continue updating this fiction weekly here on AO3 and once I return, I will add all missing chapters to this thread for the sake of completion.

I also won't be posting this week period due to RL circumstances and upsets. Apologies and thank you for your support thus far.
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Lunafox
07.25.2018 , 03:05 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Just a quick note for my two active readers; Due to the current content drought and lack of story, I cannot justify paying a sub solely to post chapters on the forum so I'm letting my subscription drop until new story content is released in September. I will continue updating this fiction weekly here on AO3 and once I return, I will add all missing chapters to this thread for the sake of completion.

I also won't be posting this week period due to RL circumstances and upsets. Apologies and thank you for your support thus far.
Like I said on FB, I'm sorry to hear you unsubbed, but like you say there will be more things to do hopefully come fall. For sure, I will continue to follow your lovely story on Ao3. Take your time and post when you feel more in the frame of mind to do so.

MishaCantu
07.26.2018 , 02:54 PM | #266
I get the reason for unsubbing. I log in once a week to do 'stuff', whatever that might be. Content drought and current unreplayable flashpoints have certainly put a damper on things.

I'll see you on AO3 and hopefully, there will be a bit of stuff to do in September. Not holding my breath.

Take care, my friend.