HK-51 Needs Customization(s), especially...

shark_megabyte

The video showing HK-51 left me pretty disappointed and underwhelmed. He (especially his head) looks so... dull. He's going to need some customizations to make him more interesting and dangerous-looking.

I, for one, was really hoping he'd look more like IK-4C from the Republic's Nar Shaddaa bonus series. That is an appropriately mean-looking type of droid! And the scripting and voice acting for him was great, too. Can we get an HK customization that makes him look more IK-ish, please?!

Edited by shark_megabyte
add video link

To alter HKs appearance in such a manner is to defy the essence of what the HK line of droids is all about and would be committing heresy upon all in the world. Meatbags everywhere would be slain in a righteous fire until no more were left and then the HKs would no longer have a use for the term Meatbag, and something truly profound would be lost.

The video showing HK-51 left me pretty disappointed and underwhelmed. He (especially his head) looks so... dull. He's going to need some customizations to make him more interesting and dangerous-looking.

I, for one, was really hoping he'd look more like IK-4C from the Republic's Nar Shaddaa bonus series. That is an appropriately mean-looking type of droid! And the scripting and voice acting for him was great, too. Can we get an HK customization that makes him look more IK-ish, please?!

give him a huge shoulders may be.

Good God in heaven, Newbie, there are just so very many ways for me to say this to you: Never; not in a million years; absolutely not; no way, Jose; no chance, Lance; niet; negatory; mm-mm; nuh-uh; oh-oh; and of course my own personal favorite of all time, man falling off of a cliff - "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!..."

"Pfff..." - Dr Cox.

If they are going to add customizations it will be like a new layer of paint on the model itself but no way they will change the model...that misses the entire point of having HK-51 in the first place.

If they are going to add customizations it will be like a new layer of paint on the model itself but no way they will change the model...that misses the entire point of having HK-51 in the first place.

This ^^

Can we get an HK customization that makes him look more IK-ish, please?!

This is like asking for a R2 that looks more 3PO-ish. HK's should look like HK's. Get it?

Edited by TheBBP

HKs must look like HKs.

I can see some recoloring options, but that's about it.

Yup, id love to see what colors they bring. Hopefully a nice and rare HK47 recoloring along with some silver, gold, black, and CRIMSON RED.... from the blood of my enemies!!!:mad:

Okay, let's put this another way.

You think that a line of assassin droids could be highly successful while keeping the same standardized appearance for, what, 300 years?

In that case, I have some prime beachfront property on Taris for sale.

No, without some customizations to make him look unlike the old HKs, HK-51 would not be able to get within a mile of any target that couldn't be taken down a lot more cheaply by a newbie bounty hunter.

Okay, let's put this another way.

You think that a line of assassin droids could be highly successful while keeping the same standardized appearance for, what, 300 years?

In that case, I have some prime beachfront property on Taris for sale.

No, without some customizations to make him look unlike the old HKs, HK-51 would not be able to get within a mile of any target that couldn't be taken down a lot more cheaply by a newbie bounty hunter.

Given that Assassin Droids are Illegal, most people wouldn't even know what an HK is In universe, so they can easily pretend to be a protocol droid before killing someone.

And on your whole can't get within a mile of any target any easier than a newbie Bounty Hunter...I present evidence A from HK-47

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

HK units can shoot your knees out at 120 kilometers about 120 times(roughly I'm to lazy to make the kilometer to mile conversion.) the distance you say they' don't get within. Seems like they can still kill their target just fine >.>

Edited by enigmayshi

In the spirit of quoting Dr. Cox in this thread, I have only this to say to you, OP:

Look at HK-47 here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-47

and at HK-51 here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/screens/hk-51

While he should look nothing like IK-4C, he either needs to toss out more one liners than all the other companions combined, or he needs a REAL HK customization. With neither of these I won't bother getting him at all. Most companions are practically silent, and whoever f'd up the head on HK-51 should be included in the next layoff, my god they already had the model for HK-47.