Referral Links

Jbethune

Ok so I am a sub and I have a question about the referral links. Are there any advantage for subs to use one of these links?

a sub who clicks a referral link will mainly get 7 free days of subscription time added and get a free char transfer. But other than that, you already get the full benefit of the game.

a sub who clicks a referral link will mainly get 7 free days of subscription time added and get a free char transfer. But other than that, you already get the full benefit of the game.

essentially, but you can save 200k credits on the last inventory unlock on each character. And there's the benefit of if you ever drop your sub, you get an extra crew skill, hide head slot, and I think unify colors unlocked as preferred instead of having to buy those unlocks. And I think that about covers all benefits for a sub to use the link.

It's amazing isn't it.

One person asks about transfers and then suddenly there are loads of responses, many just a single line, repeating what has already been said and being used as an "excuse" to post their own link.

There are rules on the forum about posting links, yet people believe that making a "yer, me too" or "yer, what he said" post is a good disguise to post their own link.

I've purposely not added my usual signature to this post for that very reason.

But come on guys, if somebody asks a question and they "beat you to it" by answering first and having their link in the signature, don't try and "one-up" them. If you actively post in a sensible way you will get people using your link. Really no need to force it.

It's amazing isn't it.

One person asks about transfers and then suddenly there are loads of responses, many just a single line, repeating what has already been said and being used as an "excuse" to post their own link.

There are rules on the forum about posting links, yet people believe that making a "yer, me too" or "yer, what he said" post is a good disguise to post their own link.

But come on guys, if somebody asks a question and they "beat you to it" by answering first and having their link in the signature, don't try and "one-up" them. If you actively post in a sensible way you will get people using your link. Really no need to force it.

So what? What's it to you if people want to get their signature out there? Its within the rules. Good for you on your standards, but there's really no need to to bash others for shamelessly putting their sig out there by redundantly answering threads. Its probably worth it to them, 600cc and 100cc/mo thereafter.

Ok so I am a sub and I have a question about the referral links. Are there any advantage for subs to use one of these links?

Short Answer: Yes, you get 7 days added to your subscription.

Longer Answer: View the official page for all possible rewards

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

There are more conditions that give other available rewards.:

• New F2P player; never subscribed; Get: Jumpstart Bundle
  • Preferred player; previously subscribed; Get: Preferred Friends Bundle
  • All players; One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account.

It's amazing isn't it.

Notice that besides OP, you're the only reply that didn't have a referral link.

*eyes through general discussion front page*

*sees thread with referral in the name*

*clicks thread with referral in the thread title*

*quickly skims through thread*

*type any reply to get my referral signature out there*

You'll join the referral signature army soon enough

We all fall from our "no referral high horse" soon enough

Edited by Falensawino

You'll join the referral signature army soon enough

We all fall from our "no referral high horse" soon enough

Yeah, if people knew just how much CC you can acquire just by being active in the forum with the referral link in your sig, I'm sure everyone would do it. Myself, not particularly helpful or anything, and only somewhat active, have accumulated 7900 CC in two months. That is crazy. I can only imagine what those who actively help in the new player forum and elsewhere contributing interesting posts are getting.

Right, because only in threads like this do people post a reply when a similar reply has already been given.

:rolleyes:

Edited by branmakmuffin

Right, because only in threads like this do people post a reply when a similar reply has already been given.

:rolleyes:

Almost every thread has some close variation of other posts in it, some do clarify things, others not so, but is that not the nature of the beast anywhere?

:ph_lol:

It's amazing isn't it.

Yeah pretty amazing. What do you want? A cookie?

essentially, but you can save 200k credits on the last inventory unlock on each character. And there's the benefit of if you ever drop your sub, you get an extra crew skill, hide head slot, and I think unify colors unlocked as preferred instead of having to buy those unlocks. And I think that about covers all benefits for a sub to use the link.

Didn't know that - wish I had clicked someone's link before unlocking them all.