Security Key Vendor

Nyxypet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some companion customizations.

A return to fleet item ( But I have a skill that does the same thing)

A set of clothing - imho ugly as heck.

*Edit* securing your account is a good idea.. but I am regretting it - it drives me crazy having to find my phone every time I want to login.

Edited by TangledDruid

it has the slave bikini, rep. side atleast. it cost around 5k per piece as opposed to nar shadda's 250, but it is avail. at lvl 14 and does t have the social rank 2 requirement.

Incorrect. for me at least, it had the "Elegant Dress"

wait.. just had a thought - is there more than one vendor? perhaps they have different items. I checked the vendor on the Republic Fleet

While I agree with all the "who cares, secure your account" as the vendor is just a bonus, I must warn that it does NOT completely secure your account. If you still download lots of viruses, you can still lose your account. Nothing can secure your account, only add another layer.

*Edit* securing your account is a good idea.. but I am regretting it - it drives me crazy having to find my phone every time I want to login.

I hear ya, that's why I went ahead and bought the physical key. I always have my keys nearby and I don't have to worry about those days when I forget to charge my phone.

Anyone can get hacked. Even if you're smart enough to manage to stay away from obvious keyloggers, what about ads? Even legitimate websites, even Google, have had compromised ad servers and display malicious ads that give you keyloggers even though you don't click anything. Or your network, even if you're smart enough to stay away from malicious code, a friend, roommate, or family member on your network could get their computer infected and it could jump to yours.

It's called having a secure system. I don't run around with no AV, anti-adware, anti-malware none of that. In the past 4 years, I have gotten 1 malicious thing on my computer, ONE.

Edited by Meluna
rude

You can believe yourself completely secure, but if the account hackers want in, they will get in. For example, in Rift, the game's database was compromised and many people's accounts got hacked despite having done nothing at all. It can happen. Well worth $6 (or free phone app) to have that extra security layer.

It's called having a secure system. I don't run around with no AV, anti-adware, anti-malware none of that. In the past 4 years, I have gotten 1 malicious thing on my computer, ONE.

And to the [potty mouth] making up these silly seat belt analogies, nice try, but has nothing to do with this. I'm not a [potty mouth] , I don't download and run LOLOLOLKeylogger.exe like you and run it because I think it's for free credits. And it's not called getting hacked, it's called being a [potty mouth] . I have yet to see anyone truly have their account "hacked".

P.S - Go look up what it means to get hacked, it's not downloading a keylogger and running it, that's just called being [potty mouth] .

You're wrong. Why? Because you think that it's possible to secure your system. It's not - no system is ever 100% secure. Because you think using anti-virus/adware/malware makes your computer is safe and secure. It doesn't, it only helps. Because you appear to think that you can do anything on the internet because you have that software in place. You can't - it's more the browsing habits than the preventative software that matters when security is at stake. Because you put more trust in your system and your abilities than you should, you are not secure and you will likely be hacked.

P.S. I know exactly what being hacked means, but we're obviously using the colloquial definition of "hacked." Being intentionally obtuse when you know exactly what is being discussed is childish.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

all I want to know is ..........when the heck is the Android app coming out!!!

App is out for the stupid apple crap Iphone but not the androids? wth?

sorry, I just absolutely hate apple crap and it really pisses me off.........never mind my apple rage.

Hope you never have a job where you have to log in remotely then.

"Sorry boss, I didn't want to log in to VPN today. Didn't feel like looking for my Two Factor Authentication Key. Beer was good though! *burps*"