WoW infographic interesting

Elminster_cs

This article have been published on the WoW website:

http://media.wow-europe.com/infographic/en/world-of-warcraft-infographic.html

Really big numbers, I would like to see also the numbers of SWTOR.

But something hit me while reading... the 3 bosses with most kill...:

• lich king
  • illidan
  • deathwing

very interesting, the decline of WoW start after the lich king and never stop. Pandaria bosses are not even in the list. Of course wow is not dying but the decline is really high.

What do you think?

Of course WoW is declining, it's absolutely natural for a 10 years old game. No king rules forever, you know :) However, i think it's pretty safe to assume that at some point the decline will stop and WoW will have a pretty much steady player base consisting of the game's real fans.

Of course WoW is declining, it's absolutely natural for a 10 years old game. No king rules forever, you know :) However, i think it's pretty safe to assume that at some point the decline will stop and WoW will have a pretty much steady player base consisting of the game's real fans.

This is for sure, numbers are still great, but is a bid sadly for blizzy to share this infographic information and see how they have lost really big numbers

• lich king
  • illidan
  • deathwing

I don't want to come off as rude or anything, but I'm curious as to why these stuck out to you? They're some of the more well-known characters in Warcraft lore, for one. But also, Arthas is killed very frequently for a chance at the mount he very rarely drops, pieces to a legendary (which yields special, otherwise trivial lore-related items that still sell well on the AH), and, thanks to transmogrificaiton, for certain weapons with a unique coloration or skin; Illidan is farmed for legendaries and transmog gear (namely a shield and his blindfold); and Deathwing likely has so many kills because he was the first end-of-expansion boss readily available to the masses through Raid Finder. It's interesting to see that none of the MoP bosses were ranked as highly, so I have to wonder if the tallies are excluding LFR and are further influenced by raid size/difficulty, or simply serve as further evidence of the game's decline.

Frankly, I'm surprised Ragnaros and Onyxia, in either of their respective appearances, weren't ranked amongst those three as they're still killed quite often for various loots.

And, slightly more on topic, WoW is dying, very slowly, but no one wants to admit it as such. Blizz has even tried to hide the fact and "solve" the issue of server death with the new "Connected Realms" feature, which also serves as an attempt to curb the so-called "megaservers." It's still a good game, all in all, but many of the older players are probably getting tired of that one world and are beginning to branch out to the other game worlds that are beginning to challenge the WoW-behemoth, or are just tired of that particular community and/or its devs.

Wows peak was in bc/wotlk it's been in decline since cata release

I tried a few dungeons recently in the pandaria expac and the pve has been dumbed down so much

It's like a different game

The Pvp is still fun though

Blizzard is just not the same company they were. Like many they are victims of their own success and got too big for their own good. As someone who has been playing games since the 80s it seems to be an all too familiar cycle. Eventually once a company gets very large and becomes publicly traded, profits are emphasized over game content. This leads to the eventual "dumbing down" of everything in an attempt to appeal to absolutely everyone.

Really, WoW killed Blizzard (at least from a quality stand point). It just completely changed the company forever. Diablo 3 is probably the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in regards to a video game. I doubt any of their future releases will ever be up to the same standards as anything they did pre-WoW.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

This article have been published on the WoW website:

http://media.wow-europe.com/infographic/en/world-of-warcraft-infographic.html

Really big numbers, I would like to see also the numbers of SWTOR.

• lich king
  • illidan
  • deathwing

very interesting, the decline of WoW start after the lich king and never stop. Pandaria bosses are not even in the list. Of course wow is not dying but the decline is really high.

What do you think?

Either this is a subtle jab at WoW, or you just don't understand English.

Subs have dropped, of course. It's only natural, but the list has absolutely NOTHING to do with that. I'm not sure where you see the correlation. If you actually click on the link they do mention Garrosh who is the current expansion's end-boss.

But let me tell you the reason that no other MoP boss is on there. Because it's still current content. It's not going to be anywhere close to the top 3 you listed because it still requires a group to do. Illidan, Lich King, and Deathwing can all be done either solo or with a small group. There a millions of people playing this game that can kill those 3 bosses, and who have had YEARS to do so. YEARS of these bosses dying. MoP has been out for a little under a year at this point, so consider why they aren't on this list.

Edited by Vaeladin