a little help

CorranSavo

ok so i was doing my sw's storyline and loved it, i am in a bit of a jam though now. i seem to have done all the quest and am now on alderaan but i only got to level 25. so i was wondering should i go back to that tatooine and just kill some dudes till i get higher, or stay on alderaan and kill the higher level baddies,or is there another way.

just really needs some advice on how to level well when quests are not really an option.

This should probably have been in new player help, but I'd suggest there's no way you did everything possible on Tatooine and left at level 25.

There are 4 main types of quests: your class quests which you have to do, a main planet-based quest (usually working for the governor or other local official), random side quests at each outpost you visit (including group heroics) and the Bonus series for most planets which becomes available after you've completed the main planet quest. The Bonus series will be given to you in or around the shuttle bay as you're leaving the planet if you already did every part of the planet-based quest for the governor.

You may have completed your class quest on Tatooine, but there's no way you finished the others and leveled out of

Tatooine that low. Just go back and look on the map more carefully for quest-givers, particularly the planet quest in or around the main space dock which is the bulk of your experience on the planet.

If you didn't complete the planet quest and left the poor governor in the lurch, do that and by all means do the Bonus quest, which offers the highest rewards for time spent in the entire game. The Bonus series is basically where the game just heaps gads of money and experience on you to make you feel better about yourself.

Edited by jgelling

Why is questing not an option? It is, by far, the best way to level your character, especially if you do the bonus objectives for quests that have them. And all of the normal quests (and their bonus objectives) should be soloable by anybody. The only quests that you might not be able to do thar the Heroic 2 and Heroic 4 quests, but those aren't necessary in order to keep your character appropriately leveled.

This should probably have been in new player help, but I'd suggest there's no way you did everything possible on Tatooine and left at level 25.

There are 4 main types of quests: your class quests which you have to do, a main planet-based quest (usually working for the governor or other local official), random side quests at each outpost you visit (including group heroics) and the Bonus series for most planets which becomes available after you've completed the main planet quest. The Bonus series will be given to you in or around the shuttle bay as you're leaving the planet if you already did every part of the planet-based quest for the governor.

You may have completed your class quest on Tatooine, but there's no way you finished the others and leveled out of

Tatooine that low. Just go back and look on the map more carefully for quest-givers, particularly the planet quest in or around the main space dock which is the bulk of your experience on the planet.;)

If you didn't complete the planet quest and left the poor governor in the lurch, do that and by all means do the Bonus quest, which offers the highest rewards for time spent in the entire game. The Bonus series is basically where the game just heaps gads of money and experience on you to make you feel better about yourself.

Actually, the bonus quest series usually become availible after finishing you class quest, not the planet quest. And they do give lots of experience, too

Yeah, the key point is quests ARE always an option - the other options being flash points, PvP and/or running around killing random mobs, and that last one is terribad in terms of time vs rewards. If you do all or most of the quests, you'll be more or less on target for where you need to be. If you finish Tatooine at level 25 instead of 28+, you just didn't do all the quests - and that's fine, if you get your experience elsewhere.

I can't stand space crap in this game, but someone here said that was very rewarding - so there's another non-quest option. Although I guess the space missions are quests with the fleet command as the giver, but it's so lame to me I can't consider any of that serious questing.

But yeah, questing alone will always give you enough experience - the game is balanced so a solo quester can beat it. If you really, truly, unimaginably somehow did all the quests on Tatooine and finished 3 levels down (really?!) there's also the Nar Shadaa bonus series which is offered from the fleet (at least on the Imperial side) which a lot of people miss, and that can give you a nice bit of experience.

Edited by jgelling

Actually, the bonus quest series usually become availible after finishing you class quest, not the planet quest. And they do give lots of experience, too

Ehh, that may be - a good rule of thumb is if you finish the planet quest and your class quest then you won't have to worry about it, the Bonus quest will be waiting for you. It's the planet's way of never letting you leave.

Edited by jgelling

You should also start doing space missions and dailies if you are not already doing these. Space missions are some of the best and quickest ways to get more XP.

In addition, you need to start using the Rested XP feature. Make sure you are logging off EVERY time either in a cantina, on your Fleet, or in your ship. That way you will earn extra XP while questing and level that much faster.

As others have said, bonus goals on missions are great for extra XP. Make sure you're completing every level of them on the multiple bonus layers. Once you complete one set of bonus tasks (on some missions), you'll move to Stage 2, and Stage 3, and the Final Stage, etc.

I've seen plenty of people post that they're under-leveled and I simply don't get it. I'm more or less never playing FP'es pre-50, I'm never doing heroics with other people and I'm skipping bonus series yet I'm always atleast 2 levels over the estimated level for whatever mission/planet I'm on. There is no way that a person who's doing all the missions AND heroics could be underleveled. Are you, through some magic, only exploring 1/4th of the maps? Are you running it with a 50? You get less to no exp if someone severly overleveled is carrying you.