Launch is TODAY

Froteus

Will the trolls please stop saying launch is 12/20?

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-star-wars-old-republic

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you."

" The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer."

Will the trolls please stop saying launch is 12/20?

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-star-wars-old-republic

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you."

" The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer."

WAAHHHHHHH! (pat. pend. 2011)

I 100% support this post. I myself made a thread saying the 13th is Launch day.

The 20th is official realease date but it's also the unofficial you're late day. the 20th is you can't have your name day. The 20th is full server Que day.

Nothing good about the 20th in anyway shape or form. Essentially starting a week late is cool!

No wonder the bankers of this earth have taken control. People beleive everything! like the 20th is when everyone will be joining.

New flash the 20th is nothing. Not even a blip on the radar since most of the playerbase will already be in game. The 20th is a joke and a full week after the fact of real launch, the 13th.

People are such sheep accepting they are getting in "early" the 18th. I LOL@THEM..

Yes, LAUNCH is today. The "trolls" as you call them are only making the distinction between today and the "official launch of service" on the 20th. You know, that day you have to enter your software key and a CC# to keep playing. That is the "official" day when bioware will be having celebrations at Best Buy Austin and New York. They picked the "Official" day.

I fail to see why this is such a big deal to you.

Yes, LAUNCH is today. The "trolls" as you call them are only making the distinction between today and the "official launch of service" on the 20th. You know, that day you have to enter your software key and a CC# to keep playing. That is the "official" day when bioware will be having celebrations at Best Buy Austin and New York. They picked the "Official" day.

I fail to see why this is such a big deal to you.

when most of the players are in game before the 20th what is so special about the 20th. You will be late to EVERYTHING. So what good is the 20th again?

Expalin please cause I'm missing this completely. The fact is there is a good chance people won't even get to experience a new server, fair leveling field, get the names you want. This is a Wall Street Style launch, catering to the few and letting them get every benefit before the public.

Officially the 20th might be the day but most will be in game already making the 20the "chumps day"

Are people playing for real now? Yes they are and that means launch! When the 20th crowd comes along and most servers ae full, names taken is that a "launch" type of day? No it is not. Be a sucker though and keep beleiving it is.

Somehow the evidence will clearly show no matter how much EA wants to spin the 20th as launch day the 13th is where it's at. Lock in your name..check, on the server day 1..check. These are launch day fundamnetals. Starting a week late is only launch day for the clueless.

I don't care when I get in. This entire scenario today is absolute comedy good.

And in case it's a matter of semantics for some:

Launch is 12/13. Game goes live, characters are saved

Release is 12/20. Game goes for sale in stores.