If you could buff one defensive ability...

caravaggio

Increase the Healing power coefficient to that of a Sage's/Inquistor's shield and increasing the standard health from 0.13 to 0.25. Alternatively replace Standard Health with Current Maximum Health and keep the percentage at 13%.

Making these adjustments to Defence Screen would be a solid step in addressing the issue with this ability.

Adding an extra feature to Fighting Spirit, on critical, to heal the Gunslinger for 1%/2% maximum heatlh, could be something they look at. And change Cool Under Pressure to 10% from 3%. Adjust Slick Shooter to do 1%/2% maximum health heal per critical of Speed Shot is another idea.

Change Dodge to prevent all incoming damage for it's duration plus 50% of all damage recieved duration it's up time is reflected back at the attacker(s).

A Gunslinger's damage is right where it needs to be at the moment, changing our defensive abilities to be on par with with our melee cousin the Sentinel would be a solid enhancement.

Edited by Junostorm

I

Adding an extra feature to Fighting Spirit, on critical, to heal the Gunslinger for 1%/2% maximum heatlh, could be something they look at.

Change Dodge to prevent all incoming damage for it's duration plus 50% of all damage recieved duration it's up time is reflected back at the attacker(s).

would be ridiculous op

would be ridiculous op

Perhaps the Dodge adjustment would be seen as such. Though would not Sentinel's Guarded by the Force be considered as such as well?

As for the for the adjustment to Fighting Spirt (Dirty Fighting Tier 4), how is this any different from the Sentinel's Merciless Zeal (Watchman Tier 2)?

Edited by Junostorm

Perhaps the Dodge adjustment would be seen as such. Though would not Sentinel's Guarded by the Force be considered as such as well?

As for the for the adjustment to Fighting Spirt (Dirty Fighting Tier 4), how is this any different from the Sentinel's Merciless Zeal (Watchman Tier 2)?

he has 2 dots with CD one is 6 sec duration on 12 sec CD(through talents can be resseted once every 6 sec) one is 6sec on 12 sec cd (overload can stack 3 times so probably 18 sec/or just more ticks?)

we have 3 dots one is affecting 3 people (21sec duration 12 sec CD) other is spamable(18sec) and cull (3 ticks 9 sec CD)

we have a lot more dot ticks than sent and also +12 Crit chance

let s say you have a 3v3 you put all your dots on them (6) you get 6% (50% crit chance) every 3 sec if you cull you get about 7.5% (actually 7% or 8%) so in a 3v3 you get about 2.2% heal/sec(about 400/sec)

in a 1on1 its about 0.8%heal/sec (144/sec i gues thats what a sent gets )

and dont forget the weaker verson of the dots still would heal you

take this scene in alderan

Go middle dot 3 people with grenade (30 sec effect) + vital while runing (27sec) and then go and attack the side if its a 1v1 its an easy win

just for fun : dot the whole voidstar and use cull on cd= about 700hp/sec

let's say you can keep up 6dots+cull on cd and voidstar goes full 15 min you would (if you don t die) have 360 000 selfheal in the end as a pure DD.

Lets say you can keep all dots up on all targets (and you don t overheal yourself ) the max healing possible is

630 000 + what you get wit balistic damper/shield probe ( im not sure wich of them counts as healing but as SS i often have 40k heal or something)

Edited by Choeube

he has 2 dots with CD one is 6 sec duraion on 12 sec CD(through talents can be resseted once every 6 sec) one is 6sec on 12 sec cd (overload can stack 3 times so probably 18 sec/or just more ticks?)

we have 3 dots one is affecting 3 people (21sec duration 12 sec CD) other is spamable(18sec) and cull (3 ticks 9 sec CD)

we have a lot more dot ticks than sent and also +12 Crit chance

We have two bleeds, Vital Shot and Shrapnel Bomb. Cull/Wounding Shots is NOT a Damage over time, it is a channeled ability.

Edited by IamScarap

We have two bleeds, Vital Shot and Shrapnel Bomb. Cull/Wounding Shots is NOT a Damage over time, it is a channeled ability.

it consumes hemorraging blast so it count as dot

and crits of cull restore energie

i think i should delete my earlier post and encourage bioware to give us the same selfheal sent/maras have XD

but solution is easy put selfheal on 2%/4% and add : "every heal gives a debuf for 2.9sec

vital shot crit heals you, you cannot recive heal from vital shot for 2.9

Edited by Choeube

it consumes hemorraging blast so it count as dot

and crits of cull restore energie

i think i should delete my earlier post and encourage bioware to give us the same selfheal sent/maras have XD

but solution is easy put selfheal on 2%/4% and add : "every heal gives a debuf for 2.9sec

vital shot crit heals you, you cannot recive heal from vital shot for 2.9

As cool as that sounds, doing that would probably tip the scales in favor of the dirty fighting tree, and I really love how balanced our three trees are right now.

It's not exactly a defensive ability but still a very important one for a ranged class.

Make Leg Shot not break on damage - even lower the duration a little to compensate.

Having it break on damage makes it far less useful especially if you are applying dots or have applied dots to the target you are trying to keep at bay.

Diversion. Right now, its only really useful against out sister class and our own class. It should affect any ranged ability and even some melee ones. Maybe adding a minor stun to it would help out. Right now its only useful to gimping out our brethren trying to snipe and ambush us back.

Diversion. Right now, its only really useful against out sister class and our own class. It should affect any ranged ability and even some melee ones.
Huh what? The accuracy debuff works on EVERYTHING, including force powers (not to mention Ravage, High Impact Bolt, etc.).

Huh what? The accuracy debuff works on EVERYTHING, including force powers (not to mention Ravage, High Impact Bolt, etc.).

Apparently I was smoking crack yesterday... I knew this.... What was I thinking of?