Premade heroic raids clear heroics quicker than pugs

Zergxiu

Yeah, reductio ad absurdum and false equivalent fallacies are fun however counterproductive to any kind of intellectually valuable discussion on the topic. It also wasn't funny, since part of what constitutes funny is surprise and in addition to giving up your entire attempt at a joke in your thread title, this fallacy is more common than straw men.

Just consider the following chain of events:

Premades play against pugs to avoid long premade vs premade queues. Pugs get stomped repeatedly by premades. Pugs stop queuing because they know they'll just get stomped by premades. Premades complain about long queues.

Yeah, reductio ad absurdum and false equivalent fallacies are fun however counterproductive to any kind of intellectually valuable discussion on the topic. It also wasn't funny, since part of what constitutes funny is surprise and in addition to giving up your entire attempt at a joke in your thread title, this fallacy is more common than straw men.

Premades play against pugs to avoid long premade vs premade queues. Pugs get stomped repeatedly by premades. Pugs stop queuing because they know they'll just get stomped by premades. Premades complain about long queues.

Omg what are you doing playing games, don't you have a class to teach?

Nice try at being clever - even though this is posted in the PvP forum the OP was clearly talking about PvE raids, guess l2read before spouting off :rolleyes:

Actually he's making a false equivalency fallacy in an attempt to be clever about premades stomping pugs in Warzones. In that sense it makes sense that it's posted in the PvP forum, as does the wording of the post in addition to the fact that you find the exact same post in the larger premade vs pugs thread made by the same poster.

I suppose I'll repeat the L2read and :rolleyes: back at you.

Actually he's making a false equivalency fallacy in an attempt to be clever about premades stomping pugs in Warzones. In that sense it makes sense that it's posted in the PvP forum, as does the wording of the post in addition to the fact that you find the exact same post in the larger premade vs pugs thread made by the same poster.

I suppose I'll repeat the L2read and :rolleyes: back at you.

Actually einstein is right. Even though he is wrong, which isnt weird considering the time he spent using words noone uses :p

Preferably, premade vs premade.. but no reason to complain all day about facing premades when there just isnt enough people yet interested in pvp to bother making premades to face the other ones :p And reason why you are wrong is because premades arent made solely with the perpose to generate automatic wins. Just like it wouldnt be true to say raiders make raids for loot. Nope, they like to play in a community with a sense of some achievement / challenge. Yea yea i know games are a ****** way to get achievement but it is what it is. Finally, i like to pvp with my friends :) Period Mister Fallusy :p

Nice try at being clever - even though this is posted in the PvP forum the OP was clearly talking about PvE raids, guess l2read before spouting off :rolleyes:

Let me guess, were you that kid who was always asking people to explain what the hell was so funny? :rolleyes:

Actually einstein is right. Even though he is wrong, which isnt weird considering the time he spent using words noone uses :p

I find it sad that having a good vocabulary and knowledge is a negative thing these days.

Preferably, premade vs premade.. but no reason to complain all day about facing premades when there just isnt enough people yet interested in pvp to bother making premades to face the other ones :p And reason why you are wrong is because premades arent made solely with the perpose to generate automatic wins. Just like it wouldnt be true to say raiders make raids for loot. Nope, they like to play in a community with a sense of some achievement / challenge. Yea yea i know games are a ****** way to get achievement but it is what it is. Finally, i like to pvp with my friends :) Period Mister Fallusy :p

Some premades are made for loot just as some raids are made for loot, others are made because the players like a challenge/achivement. However, if you are making a premade for the challenge, then there is no reason to oppose a premade vs premade only queue. Since the idea behind a premade vs premade match in this case would be quality over quantity so to speak.

Yeah, reductio ad absurdum and false equivalent fallacies are fun however counterproductive to any kind of intellectually valuable discussion on the topic. It also wasn't funny, since part of what constitutes funny is surprise and in addition to giving up your entire attempt at a joke in your thread title, this fallacy is more common than straw men

Socrates was the wisest man in the whole world, because he recognized he knew nothing. You, sir, should consider the implications of this before quoting the first few pages of a high school, entry level philosophy text in response to a clever, and admittedly sarcastic joke on a forum.

The OP demonstrated more intelligence and wit with a false statement, than your "logical truth." Learn some restraint, understand knowledge is only flaunted by idiots, and remember that being humble is much wiser than being "correct" in a forum.

Socrates was the wisest man in the whole world, because he recognized he knew nothing. You, sir, should consider the implications of this before quoting the first few pages of a high school, entry level philosophy text in response to a clever, and admittedly sarcastic joke on a forum.

The OP demonstrated more intelligence and wit with a false statement, than your "logical truth." Learn some restraint, understand knowledge is only flaunted by idiots, and remember that being humble is much wiser than being "correct" in a forum.

I see we have a disagreement here, as I didn't find it clever or original since the "sarcastic joke" appeared 4 - 5 times in another thread on the exact same topic and in the forum of every MMORPG that has had the premade vs pug problem a few thousand times.

Humility is like civility, grossly overrated by those who are unable to handle being told anything except what a special little snowflake they are. Had you read the entirety of my post, you would have seen that I took both ways one could interpret the OPs post into account in my "review" of his efforts yet found it greatly lacking in both.

In the case of it being an actual argument I pointed out the logical fallacies it contained. In the case of the joke I pointed out ways to improve it, such as having a little bit of originality and surprise rather than being the Carlos Mencia of the SW:TOR boards. In embryo, its not so much a display of intelligence and wit as it is a display of what can be done when your joke writers are named "Copy" and "Paste". Please note that the "wit" displayed by me in repeating a joke that has been done at every roast event ever is roughly in line with with that displayed by the OP.

Edited by Scelerant

Yeah, reductio ad absurdum and false equivalent fallacies are fun however counterproductive to any kind of intellectually valuable discussion on the topic. It also wasn't funny, since part of what constitutes funny is surprise and in addition to giving up your entire attempt at a joke in your thread title, this fallacy is more common than straw men

Did you just preach about intelligence to a person when you, yourself, can't even use the quotation feature correctly?

Edited by KismetTKM

Premades will not unbalance in the Warfront because its only a 4 person Premade in a 8 person Warfront.

Will they get a slight advantage? Yes, but its more of a toss up, because the other 4 will just go anywhere they want, unless they know how to play.

Will pugs win against Premades? yes, but its more of a toss up, because if they have everyone know what they are suppose to do, they will win.

But when you are dealing with Pre-mades against PVE, then the only person that this unbalances is no one. PVE has no advantage to speak of, anyone can do it, some do it at longer period than others.

Some clears raids in a day, some does it in a week, some never can complete it, and some does it with no wipes, some does it with multiple wipes. Thats how MMO's has been because its based on skill. And the level of organization they have. So what if they cleared the heroic raids faster than PUGS, I see no problem in it. Thats why there are Guilds!!

But your post said that I made the post you quoted due to his quote function fail.

No, look at the top of the page at his post where it says, "

" and then he goes on to insult your intelligence.

I was merely stating that he had the gall to talk about intelligence when he couldn't even close his own quote bracket.

Silly troll. I'm sure a smart troll, but still just a silly troll.

I find it sad that having a good vocabulary and knowledge is a negative thing these days.

Ya try talking to a woman with those words see where you end up at the end of the night......

jerkin it. Point proven. It is however useful in words with friends! :D

Some premades are made for loot just as some raids are made for loot, others are made because the players like a challenge/achivement. However, if you are making a premade for the challenge, then there is no reason to oppose a premade vs premade only queue. Since the idea behind a premade vs premade match in this case would be quality over quantity so to speak.

too bad they have not implemented that yet....they will when there are more max lvl or lose there pvp players to a different game.

opinion: personally raid to get gear....not to be in a social group...I get mad and will flame keyboard turners...people who cant avoid flames or simple obstacles do really bad dps for there class ect....Generally all of the above happens untill you find other players that dont suck group with them , form a guild with them and then eventually take on raids and other players that dont suck in arenas or bgs. This is the life of the "results" players.....

too bad they have not implemented that yet....they will when there are more max lvl or lose there pvp players to a different game.

opinion: personally raid to get gear....not to be in a social group...I get mad and will flame keyboard turners...people who cant avoid flames or simple obstacles do really bad dps for there class ect....Generally all of the above happens untill you find other players that dont suck group with them , form a guild with them and then eventually take on raids and other players that dont suck in arenas or bgs. This is the life of the "results" players.....

I find it quite funny that everyone who has had something negative to say about my posts have failed magnificently at using the quote function. It's square bracket quote square bracket to start a quote, square bracket backslash quote square bracket to end one.

You adapt words to women by quoting Goethe, Byron, Keats or another poet. Intelligence can be applied in many areas including the pursuit of a quality member of the fairer sex, not someone a person picks up after the person paid for the woman in question to drink them pretty and their personality bearable.

As for the quality player issue, I find that playing with quality players against quality players is much more conducive towards my enjoyment. The reason for this is that overcoming a challenge triggers reward mechanisms in my brain, whereas stealing candy from a baby does not.

Whats this? Trolls getting fed in broad daylight on a forum for an MMO? I never thought I'd see the day :V

Hows this for a thought; Either he's a troll, and therefore not worth responding to, or a complete idiot, and therefore not worth responding to.

Win/win, no?

As a fan of single player im apalled by premade raiding groups being able to clear pve content quicker then i can do in pug groups.

Blizz please fix!!!

I'm pretty sure they actually took care of your concern by nerfing the living **** out of all their PVE content right after BC...