Fed up

OFAWFletch

I have been experiencing the issue when I log in to the game and get the the Character screen I am getting a Game download progress at 0.00 % so, I followed the forum advice and yet this is still an **expletive** problem. I opened a ticket to Customer Service, All I get is canned response to some really pathetic and stupid advice. Still to no avail, same **expletive** problem. I pay 14.99 a month for this crap and I am getting FED up with the LACK OF real assistance to resolve this issue.

I ended up totally uninstalling the game, used Iobit uninstaller to ensure every little file is GONE off my system, including Bitraider. then installed the game again, took only 30 minutes of my afternoon downloading 25 plus gigs of biocrap data..All went well after that. This was done yesterday. Today, same old sh*t. Back to the issue. FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!! You gladly take my sub money but leave me pissed off every day since this last patch.

I have been experiencing the issue when I log in to the game and get the the Character screen I am getting a Game download progress at 0.00 % so, I followed the forum advice and yet this is still an **expletive** problem. I opened a ticket to Customer Service, All I get is canned response to some really pathetic and stupid advice. Still to no avail, same **expletive** problem. I pay 14.99 a month for this crap and I am getting FED up with the LACK OF real assistance to resolve this issue.

I ended up totally uninstalling the game, used Iobit uninstaller to ensure every little file is GONE off my system, including Bitraider. then installed the game again, took only 30 minutes of my afternoon downloading 25 plus gigs of biocrap data..All went well after that. This was done yesterday. Today, same old sh*t. Back to the issue. FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!! You gladly take my sub money but leave me pissed off every day since this last patch.

If it worked fine yesterday, but not today. Did something on your system change? Did something do a stealth update?

Did you try to remove BitRaider? The quick play issue is one that is exclusive to BitRaider and the streaming client. Unfortunately, switching clients does involve downloading the game again. Since I switch to the non-streaming client I have not had a single problem with unspecified error messages, C7 messages, character selection screens that say the game is still installing, etc.

Hera are instructions on how to switch clients. You need to follow these instructions exactly.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/m-p/4867417#M27

Are ALL your drivers up to date? Have you reset your BIOS to make sure things are operating within spec.

Are you sure your AV, firewall, router, or ISP is not blocking something? (I haven't heard of it happening lately, but some ISPs have been known to throttle certain downloaders, usually from confusing them with Torrents.)

In any case, I don't think CS deals with technical problems. I think you need to contact EA tech support.

Are ALL your drivers up to date? Have you reset your BIOS to make sure things are operating within spec.

Are you sure your AV, firewall, router, or ISP is not blocking something? (I haven't heard of it happening lately, but some ISPs have been known to throttle certain downloaders, usually from confusing them with Torrents.)

In any case, I don't think CS deals with technical problems. I think you need to contact EA tech support.

Well, BitRaider is effectively a torrent client.

My system is fully up to date, BIOS, device drivers. Everything on my end is good. This went to hell when the patch update was applied last week. Since then its been like this. I just edited the file mentioned the only part I didnt know about was this part pf the settings file - , "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

Change to:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }

I will need to do that part now

will see how this goes.

Thanks for the input everyone

My system is fully up to date, BIOS, device drivers. Everything on my end is good. This went to hell when the patch update was applied last week. Since then its been like this. I just edited the file mentioned the only part I didnt know about was this part pf the settings file - , "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

Change to:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }

I will need to do that part now

will see how this goes.

Thanks for the input everyone

getting both lines changed is important to trigger the switch

though deleting the bitraider folder is not. that can sit and rot forever as far as the non-streaming launcher is concerned. just frees up a bit of space (usually not a lot) once deleted

the other noteworthy possibility is to make sure you have not just run the game (ie, reboot, make the launcher.settings changes, Then login and start the process), as the last update can cause the swtor.exe to hang in limbo, which would make it inaccessible to the launcher for changes/updates.

Why can't they just add in an official patch that removes "BitRaider" for good? This garbage prg only causes problems, and by not disposing of it BW is intentionally corrupting their own playerbase's PCs with this dirty file.

If it's not "BitRaider," then fix whatever it is that causes the launching mechanism to not properly launch. It's a problem on BW's side, no question and should be fixed. I had this happen for a stretch of about 2-3 weeks before suddenly my game was properly working again.

No idea what fixed it.

I tried all the instructions on how to fix it, it usually would just pop back into the game after 1-2 times of launching and playing, making me start the whole process over trying to fix the broken files, remove this and that, etc.

Just one more blackhole piece of the game that only causes problems for players does nothing good for them or the game. It should be addressed by BW.

everyday I have this. ill get it fixed doing stuff I shouldn't have to do to get it working and now I can't get it to work at all. I have spent a crap load of money on this game and I shouldn't have to do all this to play. Now I'm paying you for a service that doesn't work.FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM.

The title is apt. Fed up is how a lot of players are feeling, the bugs are awful, a new UI bar no one wanted, players being unaable to play. Mods silencing players for no reason. A community team that no longer seems to be in touch with the player base, So many people turning away from the game. It wasn't so long go things were looking up, maybe we were really falling, but just fcing the wrong way....