Chapter X does not complete

PorsaLindahl

*** As noted below, this is a continuing bug that started with 4.1 and is continuing to affect Agents even after 4.2a ***

Just played through the entirety of Chapter X...

Got to the final step: Report to the War Room. Went through the whole cinematic - no space bar. And got Chapter XI: Disavowed. I have Kaliyo as a companion now and Koth (thank god) is unavailable.

But did not get completion for Chapter X.

Exited the instance and reset the instance. Still no update. So I reset the mission thinking it would start the final step over, but instead it's making me start the entire Chapter all over again.

And what's up with the sniper NPC's shooting from 50m plus range with snares? :mad:

**Edit: This bug is continuing through 4.1b where agents only are being affected.

***Edit: This bug is continuing though 4.2a as well for Agents.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had something similar happen a little while ago.

I was grouped with a friend. I left the group because I was unable to go into my own instance for the war room scene. My friend was in the middle of completing Chapter X. He was at the part with Koth running away, then it kicked him out of the war room and would not allow him to complete the chapter. He relogged and when he got back in the game the whole chapter reset on its own to the beginning. I told him to put a ticket in but he was too pissed and logged off.

So I replayed it. Made some different choices...

Didn't kill the innocents. Koth didn't get pissed and storm off this time. I even got the mail asking me to keep Kaliyo away from the sabacc games. He's showing under Main Characters in my list and is unavailable.

Got completion this time, though, even though it's still messed up.

I don't care about Koth, personally - he can rot in the sarlac pit forever, but losing him without reason is still a problem.

Hey there!

The team is looking into a few instances of players reporting that they were unable to complete Chapter X currently. I don't have a current status, but wanted to let you know that we are aware!

Thanks!

-Tait

So does this mean you are going to try and complete the mission or just make the player do the whole chapter over again? I think as a gesture of good customer service you can complete the mission for the player. It should not be that hard to look at the logs to see that they progressed through it.

So does this mean you are going to try and complete the mission or just make the player do the whole chapter over again? I think as a gesture of good customer service you can complete the mission for the player. It should not be that hard to look at the logs to see that they progressed through it.

Hopefully they'll auto complete it or people may end up in the same boat I'm in since I did redo it and made different choices

and still lost Koth - good riddance to bad rubbish, but still wrong story-wise.

This thread didn't exist on the 9th when I first had this issue, so I really thought I was alone in this issue.

I put a ticket in on the 9th, and have just now gotten a response, with a link to the following thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8810683#edit8810683

This is apparently a known issue now, and will hopefully be fixed some time this week?

For Posterity's Sake:

For me personally, I did the last cutscene, and got to the "To Be Continued" and didn't get flagged for completion. It's perpetually stuck on "Travel to the War Room on Odessen," despite having traveled there and having completed the cutscene. The console was rendered unclickable, but Lana could do the cutscene again, should I click on her.

That said, the things I've tried:

Leaving the phase and returning

Leaving the phase, resetting the phase, and returning

Relogging

Leaving the phase and relogging

Leaving the planet and using the "Play" button that pops up in order to get back to the phase

Leaving the planet and flying back to it and re-entering the phase

A ridiculous number of combinations of the above

Things I haven't tried:

Resetting the entire Chapter

I don't plan on Resetting the Chapter, unless I absolutely have to. Too bad this is my main and I really want to do the "Little Boss" Alliance Alert that requires this chapter to be flagged as done... I hope the patch comes on the morrow.

Got to the final step: Report to the War Room. Went through the whole cinematic - no space bar. And got Chapter XI: Disavowed. I have Kaliyo as a companion now and Koth (thank god) is unavailable.

Exited the instance and reset the instance. Still no update. So I reset the mission thinking it would start the final step over, but instead it's making me start the entire Chapter all over again.

And what's up with the sniper NPC's shooting from 50m plus range with snares? :mad:

Same thing happened to me and I wanted to abandon and start over, because I wasn't happy with how the romance things turned out, so I tried to reset the phase, but it only worked on the last scene, and it did end the chapter for me.

Completed Chapter X solo with BH and JK pre-4.1b with no problems. Ran my IA through today after 4.1b dropped and having the same issues as others have mentioned. All convos complete, Koth leaves, talk to Kaliyo in cantina ... Mission objective resets to go to Odessen war room. Got all the completion emails, got Chapter XI update to mission log, but still have Chapter X. No mission objective markers, no way to complete it. Can't get Blizz.

Resting phase, logging, porting back and forth, nothing fixes it. Resetting the mission put me back at the very start again. Did a 15 min speed run of Chapter X using stealth and ignoring mobs to get back to Odessen and have escaped out of the final convo to wait for a fix.

I know this seems like a foreign concept lately, but maybe, just maybe, you should resurrect the PTS so you can actually test these patches before they go live and break the game.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I have had the EXACT same problem. including the stupid npc's shooting from 50 yards away. I can not believe the amount of broken this game is experiencing right now...

I've the same issue on my operative. As some other, i was grouped with another who finished the quest first.

I got the email, finished all chat. Currently i cannot summon Kalyio, Koth or Lanna but can use them to craft.

I just finished Chapter 10 a few mintues ago on my Imperial Agent Sniper and it won't complete. Chapter 11 - Coming Soon is showing and I got the three emails. Chapter 10 still says "Go to the War Room" so I did. I clicked on Lana, got the cutscenes again, rewatched and still does not complete. But I still got three duplicate emails so now I have six.

I sent it a ticket but I hope this bug will be fixed and those that have this mission pending will have this resolved before Chapter 11 goes live. I will hold off on my other characters for now.