In-Depth Iokath Daily Missions Guide + Vendors Overview

Greetings :)

I have just finished another guide - this one is for the most hated and also the most recent Daily Area - Iokath. In the article you will find in-depth walkthroughs for all missions, analysis on the Iokath Daily area and all of its maps and sections + an overview of the 3 different vendors. I hope with this guide to put some order in the total mess and chaos that is currently the Iokath Daily Area (especially for newer players). Enjoy!

SWTOR Iokath Daily Missions Guide by Vulkk

P.S. The Christmas Holidays time allows me to focus and catch up on some older content that I haven't covered before. Plus, a lot has changed on Iokath since the release of the Daily Area. Sadly, it's still a bit of a mess :p

Edited by JediAAK

• 5 years later...
On 3/31/2023 at 8:55 PM, Gibbanator said:

would be nice if he could give a suggestion on what 6 to do to complete the weekly fastest

I haven't watched the guide, but it is obviously several years out of date.

You don't get a real 'choice' of dailies anymore:  You currently only get 8 daily mission options, so you only get to skip two of them:

• ONE 'kill the colossus droid' group mission
    • This is usually the main mission to skip:  It's technically solo-able, but only by very mobile characters.
  • TWO of the four 'entrance area' instance missions
    • Disarm the emitters x4
    • Activate droid terminals x5 and kill droids x25
    • Click on the AA panels x2
    • Click on the terminal and defeat the droid that spawns (and its two wingmen)
  • ONE of the 'kill x mobs' missions
    • Kill Caretaker droids x25
    • Kill Scour droids x25
    • Kill any droids x50
    • Collect shards from droid kills x50
  • ONE of the vehicle missions
    • Kill x40 in a walker
      • Republic version really sucks as the basic attack is really weak compared to the Imp version (which is actually a lower level mission)
    • Kill x10 in a monitor droid
    • Kill a walker in a mouse droid
      • Given that there is only one walker to feasibly kill, this can be miserable when multiple folks are trying to do it at the same time
  • THREE of the 'other' missions
    • Scan locations x5
      • This does require you to travel to both sides of the map, so you might want to skip this one if none of your other missions require this
      • That being said, you typically don't have to travel far beyond the factory (which you are bound to have a mission or two for anyway)
    • Defend the base using a turret
    • Enable your defense emitters x4
      • There are exactly 4 open world emitters for this mission, so crowds will make it miserable
    • Disable the opposite faction defense emitters x4
      • Again, crowds can make this mission miserable.
    • Factory:  Power it up
    • Factory:  Plant cameras x5
    • Factory:  Click on Vents x4
      • Another 'crowds are a pain' mission

Generally speaking, you want to skip the colossus mission and then whichever one of the remaining seven is most annoying for you personally (or just do all of the remaining seven).

• 4 weeks later...

Systems Offline [Empire] seems to be bugged at times. Sometimes the emitters don't respawn properly after a player uses one. You can't right-click to turn them on, so the mission can't be completed. I think the other version disable Republic emitters also sometimes has this problem. They don't respawn properly and can't be clicked. Sometimes you can switch to PvP instance and find emitters that are working, but most times it's faster to just do the other 6 dailies.

Edited by ThanderSnB