Further 5.6 parsing..

shelobfirexx

OK here is a video of me parsing and the log of this parse - would anyone mind taking a look and tell me what you think? Thanks ^.^

http://parsely.io/parser/view/333534

So the things that I noticed:

1) Your knowledge of the rotation is fine, nothing really that I can help with that.

2) You're trying way too hard to clip Speed Shot and Wounding Shots. If you look at your parse, you have 34 ticks of WS for every tick except for the last 2 (last hit). So you could've potentially gotten 21 more ticks in if you didn't clip it early which is over 5 full WS. Same with SS but less so.

3) You should try running a higher alacrity, I personally run 1884 (15.54%), which is 4 enhancements and 10 augments. As long as you're above 15.4% you should be fine, alacrity is wonky in this game and these numbers work best. If you do this then you also won't need to clip at all in order to not delay abilities. This will however make energy management a bit harder.

4) At the end of the parse you should do an extremely energy negative rotation, especially if you still have Cool Head available. Having extra energy at the end of a parse isn't necessary so it's better to use more dirty blasts and less basic attacks/rolls to maximize damage.

Ah ok, thanks! I’m most interested in the WS ticks - can I blame this on the cast bar bug??

It might be related, but the primary reason is actually a bit more complicated.

Post 5.6 i noticed a lot of my culls would get clipped when clipping when I normally would, the 4th tick would not hit. So I took a a parse from October 19th when I had enough parses to get a lot of data points, did a parse where i did 200 culls on a dummy and compared the two data sets based on time between cull activation and the time the 4th tick hit. The result was thew following:

Standard Deviation for tick 4 pre merge: 0.06689969817387477 seconds

Standard Deviation for tick 4 post merge: 0.04909524739303079 seconds

Mean time split for tick 4 pre merge: 2.6418944723618094 seconds

Mean time split for tick 4 post merge: 2.76772 seconds

T value for a two sample t-test: 21.425067180189984

Both parses were using 1173 alacrity, and cull has a 2.70 cast time with that amount.

So 5.6 changed clipping (at least for snipers, i cannot confirm slingers right now) so now its unreliable to clip because the time the 4th tick hit has been delayed. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but for now we just have to work with it.