Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2v2 Ranked

Raazmir
09.16.2020 , 01:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by alienization View Post
Depends on the game mode. For regs, I would agree with you. Arenas benefit from a small team size. Unlike regs where there's objectives, arenas are purely skill based and the more teammates you have, the less skill is a factor.

4v4 was a bad choice from the beginning. Just look at other MMOs with arenas, 2v2 is generally the most popular. WoW got rid of their 5v5 arena bracket for a reason.
I've never understood why people view the game mode that requires LESS awareness to be the most skill based.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

avenger_online
09.16.2020 , 04:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You’d need new rules/mechanics to make that work. Ie, a timer on how long stealth classes can stay in cover. How many times they can stealth out to heal. Dps only or do you have healer + tank matches?

It’s not impossible, it just requires different rules and mechanics set up by Bioware.
Or just delete concealment operatives from the game entirely.

vhaladin
09.16.2020 , 11:49 AM | #13
I like the idea of 2v2, you could limit class stacking so that teams are not comprised of double operative and restrict tank healer combos.

TrixxieTriss
09.16.2020 , 02:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by avenger_online View Post
Or just delete concealment operatives from the game entirely.
Not exactly a fair compromise is it if your fav class is operative

alienization
09.16.2020 , 03:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Raazmir View Post
I've never understood why people view the game mode that requires LESS awareness to be the most skill based.
I was referring more to skill with your class. I didn't mean to disparage objective based PvP which does take more tactical awareness.
--Kaytaro--

TrixxieTriss
09.16.2020 , 11:10 PM | #16
I wouldn’t mind seeing a 3v3 system instead of 4v4 as I think it could be more interesting. But that would require tank guard / heal nerf or tank dps buff to deal out enough dps in a trinity situation. Which is why they probably went with a 4v4 to start with.

avenger_online
Yesterday , 04:59 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Not exactly a fair compromise is it if your fav class is operative
Learn lethality, which isnt just a no brain spec

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 10:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by avenger_online View Post
Learn lethality, which isnt just a no brain spec
Not sure what your response is supposed to mean