[Video] New Merc Mayhem

Nightkin

Nice! You time your AoEs well, and you're good and doing lots of damage while avoiding attention :)

That is the whole thing though. If a merc never gets touched, which doesn't happen often, he can do decent dmg. However, how often is someone left unscratched when their grav or tracer spaming. I'll literally pull off a target if I know someone is doing that to me and blow em up fast and get back on my target.

I think the merc in this video did a good job this round, but lets be honest. How easy is it for most of the other classes to break 300k dmg in that map or any map? This merc had to literally work his butt off. Playing on my jugg or murader I can break that dps without even barely trying.

Anyways, nice video regardless.

Edited by Individual

That is the whole thing though. If a merc never gets touched, which doesn't happen often, he can do decent dmg. However, how often is someone left unscratched when their grav or tracer spaming. I'll literally pull off a target if I know someone is doing that to me and blow em up fast and get back on my target.

I think the merc in this video did a good job this round, but lets be honest. How easy is it for most of the other classes to break 300k dmg in that map or any map? This merc had to literally work his butt off. Playing on my jugg or murader I can break that dps without even barely trying.

A fair point. I do think the class needs more tools to keep the bad guys at range. Or maybe some kind of meele defense buff? I look forward to seeing what bioware comes up with. I just hope they come up with it soon.

A fair point. I do think the class needs more tools to keep the bad guys at range. Or maybe some kind of meele defense buff? I look forward to seeing what bioware comes up with. I just hope they come up with it soon.

For starters, the class needs less casting abilities and more instant ones. Pretty much every ability in the arsenal tree is casting abilities.Each ability can be interupted pretty easy through CCs to interupts, you can't really even fight back all with this handicap. That is, in my opinion, the biggiest handicap for mercs. Look at it's counterpart the PT. See how much better they do with dmg when they get rid of a cast ability and give it an instant ability, flameburst? Its like night and day for a pyro PT versus a pyro Merc. However, PTs do get a better rail, but most of the PTs dmg is still coming from it's flameburst. Instad of getting flameburst, the Mercs are left with having to cast either unload or power shot to try and proc a rail shot. Preety obvious what the problem is.

Of course the casting abilities would be an issue if we had a way to keep melee off us, but we don't

Thank you all for the comments!

You are quite right that we have serious issues with the fighting mechanic and how we are supposed to escape from focus fire. I can just pray that BW gives this some serious effort, its not fair and its not fun to be pretty much the only AC that has no business inside a rated warzone at all.

Beast. Mad props for enduring the dysfunctional and horribly frustrating PvP experience that is a DPS Commando. :) Great music, great gameplay, great video. Among the few competent Commandos I've seen, I only wish we could pull this off in Ranked Warzones, where the enemy sticks to us like white on rice. Sadly even when left alone we can only manage above average to decent output when compared to what other ACs can accomplish, nothing spectacular or game breaking. :( Sincerely hope Bioware has something game changing planned for us. Edited by LeonHawkeye

Beast. Mad props for enduring the dysfunctional and horribly frustrating PvP experience that is a DPS Commando. :) Great music, great gameplay, great video. Among the few competent Commandos I've seen, I only wish we could pull this off in Ranked Warzones, where the enemy sticks to us like white on rice. Sadly even when left alone we can only manage above average to decent output when compared to what other ACs can accomplish, nothing spectacular or game breaking. :( Sincerely hope Bioware has something game changing planned for us.

Hey Hawk, thank you for the high praise and well in regards to the opinions about the merc i can only agree, i had a nice flow in the movie that you seldom get to experience as a merc and as another guy said, i had to play 110% and burn every iota of energy that one can possibly squize out of this AC while other classes can do it with less requirement on them. I was lucky to avoid attention for the most part of the match but as soon as you get fired upon your dps just dies away. Thats what casted/channeled skills are worth for ya in pvp these days.

But thanks for watching! I do love the class, the lore and everything mandalorian so im still hoping for some miracle buff :rolleyes:

I agree that mercs need a buff big time, but remember this is not a "fluff" damage spec. If left to your own devices it is really a burst spec, his 3k tracers...3k ticks on unload...that's way more damage than a jugg can put out on 1 target over time.

If he was assault spec he easily would have had 400k + that match due to DOTs and such.

Burst specs get less numbers in a WZ but more player kill finishes.

I really don't think mercs need a dmg boost, just an escapability boost.

Also good video, mercs would only semi complain if more played like you ;)

Edited by Invictusthetaru

I agree that mercs need a buff big time, but remember this is not a "fluff" damage spec. If left to your own devices it is really a burst spec, his 3k tracers...3k ticks on unload...that's way more damage than a jugg can put out on 1 target over time.

If he was assault spec he easily would have had 400k + that match due to DOTs and such.

Burst specs get less numbers in a WZ but more player kill finishes.

I really don't think mercs need a dmg boost, just an escapability boost.

Also good video, mercs would only semi complain if more played like you ;)

First off, thank you Invictus!

Most Mercs and Troopers agree with you 100%, me included. Damage is not what we lack, its the way we deliver it and our escape issues. The thread where that dev mentioned that they have some plans to sort us out is what keeps my head above the waterline, most people have let their mercs drown by now though, for good reason.

that is kind of why Merc needs a serious buff. we have to perform at an obnoxiously high skill level in order to beat even mediocre opponents

Would you also agree that if those abilities become instant that mercs need a minor damage reduction or cool down associated with them? Some of those moves insta casted is scary....

I wouldnt want mercs to be the next FOTM class. If it was up to me FOTM class/spec would be a thing of the past, so yes you cant keep a 3k+ crit attack as ranged AND instant ALL the time. Thats not balanced. But there have been several hundred of posts with suggestions and alot of them are really well thought out, maybe a proc for 2 instant casts allowed while moving or something and a internal cooldown so the proc cant happen all the time.

Tbh im not sure what would "fix" this class except that mobility/escape and the way we deliver damage needs to be looked at.