Windows 10 vs SWTOR

Goldenegle

So quick question will windows 10 support swtor, because I just got a free upgrade to it and am wondering if the game will be able to be run on it.

It better, windows 7 will lose support from MS coming december, and windows 8 is a pile of garbage. I would hope BW is on this because I got my free upgrade reserved as well.

So quick question will windows 10 support swtor, because I just got a free upgrade to it and am wondering if the game will be able to be run on it.

Why wouldn't it?

Windows 10 is just 8, which is just 7, which is just Vista...

Vista is the last time any major changes were made to the core of Windows, everything since is just minor stuff...

It better, windows 7 will lose support from MS coming december, and windows 8 is a pile of garbage. I would hope BW is on this because I got my free upgrade reserved as well.

as of april of last year, ms said that the extended support for win 7 is until January 14, 2020

do you have a link that says something else?

Swtor still works on Win 10, as of Insider Preview build 10130 released last week. I doubt that will change before its public release at the end of next month.

Edited by JunnKhan

As of Windows 8.1 you have to run SWTOR in compatability mode with Windows XP SP3 for it to work. So the question is legit. Will SWTOR run on Windows 10 or will we need to hope that 10 has compatibility mode?

Honestly I'm not gonna hold my breath and wait for an answer, I have a copy of Windows 10 Preview and a 750 GB HDD. I'm going to clone my laptop, pop in the new HDD and install W10 and SWTOR and see what happens.

As of Windows 8.1 you have to run SWTOR in compatability mode with Windows XP SP3 for it to work. So the question is legit. Will SWTOR run on Windows 10 or will we need to hope that 10 has compatibility mode?

Honestly I'm not gonna hold my breath and wait for an answer, I have a copy of Windows 10 Preview and a 750 GB HDD. I'm going to clone my laptop, pop in the new HDD and install W10 and SWTOR and see what happens.

I never had to run it in compatibility mode on Win 8.1 nor on the Insider Preview for Win 10.

SWTOR runs just fine out of the box in Windows 8.1. No compatability mode required. If you need it, then something is wrong with your machine.

Another one to say SWTOR works fine on Windows 8.1. Make sure you install it as an administrator, maybe that's why you are having issues. It works fine for me.

Microsoft are actually ceasing support for Windows 7 in January 2020, so not quite this December.