Please improve cybertech grenades

Sangrar

I do cybertech on my assassin and use grenades as the aoe I don't got right now ( only mid level) and I have noticed that people somehow think they should be just banned all together. Please don't ruin this, grenades are unique items that should be improved. I think that huge nerf on them that made any grenade cause a cooldown on all and have not only a high cooldown but also severely limited range and damage was an atrocity. What the point of being able to make something that is useless, and I still keep hearing how people call it unfair. Please Bioware fix grenades, make them more powerful, increase range to at least 10-20 meters and reduce the cooldown somewhat. I am not saying to make them all powerful but just make them viable again and to stop punishing cybertech crafters who used to love those things Edited by Sangrar

hey grenades are fun to use, and they give people who don't really got a good aoe something to compensate with. Really though I am at this point busy leveling through cybertech getting the grenade schematics as fast as I can before people ruin it even more. I honestly don't know why lots of people are complaining about grenades lately, it just came up all of a sudden, like the scoundrel instant heal ability that no one had a problem with until after 2.0 when they just decided "this class is too good at heals lets make it bad so people will want us again".

Point is grenades are a cool thing and Bioware please don't destroy them more than you already have, I like being the only sith assassin in a warzone who can cause an earthquake once in a while.

Edited by Sangrar

and grenades are not an unfair advantage, compared to abilities that do the same job as a grenade by comparison grenades are underpowered. I would be willing to give it up in warzones but in open world pve I would still want to be able to use it to make up for my deception assassins lack of aoe's.

I think Grenades are in a pretty good place, though they've not really got a place in end-game PvE.

Cybertechs have the ability to craft: Armourings, Mods, Earpieces and Grenades, a vast variety of things to produce in my opinion. So it's not that Cybertech isn't a worthwhile crewskill, I'd argue I couldn't do without having atleast 1 cybertech character, though I generally result to Biochem on all toons I raid with because I prefer reuseable Adrenals and Mecpacs. On top of that they are available to every character, just not reuseable, a nice bonus is that the lowlevel stun-one (flashbang on all toons, yay) is about as good as the high level one and relatively cheap to craft.

I'd be concerned if they'd increase the range and power of the grenades. Currently the utility (so more than just plain damage) grenades are a very nice addition to any class, giving them an amazing place in PvP, making them more powerful could lead to game-changing effects. It's risky to increase their range especially on melee classes, though I'd see no issue on ranged classes. The plain damage grenade is indeed in a poor place, but since they're unaffected by the users stats they'll either always end up second to a players own abilities or be too strong whilst less good geared.

If I'd like to see anything changed at all, I guess it would be the costs. Maybe they should produce 3-4 rather than 1, same as stims currently work, but I've not put too much thought into this.

I think Grenades are in a pretty good place, though they've not really got a place in end-game PvE.

Cybertechs have the ability to craft: Armourings, Mods, Earpieces and Grenades, a vast variety of things to produce in my opinion. So it's not that Cybertech isn't a worthwhile crewskill, I'd argue I couldn't do without having atleast 1 cybertech character, though I generally result to Biochem on all toons I raid with because I prefer reuseable Adrenals and Mecpacs. On top of that they are available to every character, just not reuseable, a nice bonus is that the lowlevel stun-one (flashbang on all toons, yay) is about as good as the high level one and relatively cheap to craft.

I'd be concerned if they'd increase the range and power of the grenades. Currently the utility (so more than just plain damage) grenades are a very nice addition to any class, giving them an amazing place in PvP, making them more powerful could lead to game-changing effects. It's risky to increase their range especially on melee classes, though I'd see no issue on ranged classes. The plain damage grenade is indeed in a poor place, but since they're unaffected by the users stats they'll either always end up second to a players own abilities or be too strong whilst less good geared.

If I'd like to see anything changed at all, I guess it would be the costs. Maybe they should produce 3-4 rather than 1, same as stims currently work, but I've not put too much thought into this.

Nightmare raiding, you'll love grenades.

you can blame pvp for the state grenades are currently in. flame me all you want but it is why the cool down was increased and damage/area of effect adjusted. because of this I really doubt you will get what you want for your pve play.

Cybertechs have the ability to craft: Armourings, Mods, Earpieces and Grenades, a vast variety of things to produce in my opinion.

also, speeders, droid parts and ship parts.

as a cybertech (my main, a Sentinel) it's safe to say we still have it really good on the crafting side of the issue.

as far as grenades? I really don't see a good reason to change the stats on them.

while I agree that end game PvE doesn't have a huge need for them I still use them for trash mobs or adds on FP's to burn them down faster or for slows or stuns. also, they can still be a bit of fun and somewhat useful in PvP as well.

grenades don't sell much (that I've seen on my server) or for a huge price but I always send a few stacks of each type to my low lvl alts. at the very least it's another tool / option for a decent AoE attack.

I really don't like grenades, and I don't think cybertechs can really complain. You already get to make both armorings and mods. Grenades are just another way of giving one side an unfair advantage.

...hahaha just another Bio-Boy! ...you can build implants...and besides endless medipacks, endless stims and and and...of course...this isn't an unfair advantage...and of course not in pvp :rolleyes:

...building augmentations, MK-9 slots with weapon-, synth- and armor-crafting and earning tons of credits is a disadvantage...indeed! :rolleyes:

...yes yes...school education, university...all that stuff sucks...unemployment forever :rolleyes:

Bioware, that's a perfect example of the IQ of your community!

A shame for such a good game!

Edited by Schattenaura

Currently they don't have enough bang for their buck (on my server it's about 8-10k in mats cost per grenade), and increasing the damage or radius doesn't seem like the right solution.

I'd like to see the grenades made in stacks of 3 like the biochem stims and adrenals are. Then it would be worth the cost of producing the blue ones for regular use.

Edited by starreacher

Currently they don't have enough bang for their buck (on my server it's about 8-10k in mats cost per grenade), and increasing the damage or radius doesn't seem like the right solution.

I'd like to see the grenades made in stacks of 3 like the biochem stims and adrenals are. Then it would be worth the cost of producing the blue ones for regular use.

This is the way I'd fix them. Damage and effects are ok and it would be nice if range was a bit longer but above all they cost too much to make. Changing them to make small batches instead of singles would be perfect.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see Cybertech grenades have a 30 meter range just for purposes of end game PvE. I could see grenades offering a DPS boost that is as useful as Biochem's adrenals.

My Sniper is a Cybertech, but the grenades are nigh useless to me in 99% of situations due to my distance from the target. I'd still like to use them in fights where enrage timers are tight, but as it is, the only reliable situation where I can use them is to DPS the tentacles during phase 2 of TFB because that's one of the only times when I'll be sitting right up on a target for long enough to lob a grenade.

Cybertech grenades are in a good place and any tweaking to them would only be a detriment to the game at this time.

They are not meant to turn the tide of PvP, nor are they designed to overpower a PvE fight. They exist solely as a utility that may or may not be useful in any given situation.

The 3 minute cooldown means in a WZ you might be able to use grenades twice, ditto a Boss fight in PvE. Damage done isn't a major factor but might be just enough extra to beat an enrage timer if everyone in your group uses them and is already close to beating the timer.

In PvP, the secondary effects are more important than the damage dealt IMO, and those effects at the right time can definitely help in a fight.

Anyone that uses grenades already knows the limited range, so just make sure if you have to use them you are close enough. Increasing the range and decreasing the timer will only make grenades overpowering.

• 1 month later...
This is the way I'd fix them. Damage and effects are ok and it would be nice if range was a bit longer but above all they cost too much to make. Changing them to make small batches instead of singles would be perfect.

Agree.

Well...if you're in a group you can always hand some to your group members and spread the total effect, i guess...

Personally, I'd like to see Grenades augmented to the class type using them.

Operatives, Assassins, Juggernaughts, Marauders, Powertechs - 10m range makes sense. The damage they currently do as Re-usable does not.

Sorcerers, Snipers and mercs, the current reusable damage is fine - but the range should reflect the class using it. A boost to 20m or 30m would make more sense than the current.

This applies to the Mirror classes of the pub side.

You may not like how my logic see's this, but I feel this would make things fairer for all grenade users. They do infact need a small boost after the universal nerf 2.4 brought them.