Patch 11/14/2019 added a delay on ability button updates (tool bar light up)

Slurmez

Hey folks,

The team is looking into abilities not lightning up as intended. I will pass on more info as I have it and thank you for your reports.

-eric

Eric, it isn't just a delay on lighting up abilities, there is a perceptible delay in abilities activating. Definitely makes playing even "normal" content challenging.

Also the buff bar will still show me as having 2 charges of TA on my operative, when in reality I have none available. It's become pretty hard to play the game in it's current state. :(

Eric, it isn't just a delay on lighting up abilities, there is a perceptible delay in abilities activating. Definitely makes playing even "normal" content challenging.

Also the buff bar will still show me as having 2 charges of TA on my operative, when in reality I have none available. It's become pretty hard to play the game in it's current state. :(

Yeah, it’s a least a 2 second delay sometimes before things activate. I gave up trying to teach my wife how to play a Guardian under these conditions. It’s just too hard and definitely not fun.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah, it’s a least a 2 second delay sometimes before things activate. I gave up trying to teach my wife how to play a Guardian under these conditions. It’s just too hard and definitely not fun.

This. I was running through a Guardian character and I've just given up now. It is too frustrating to play in this state.

I would just like for the devs to give us a timeframe on when we can expect a fix. This shouldn't be a hard issue to fix

Hey folks,

The team is looking into abilities not lightning up as intended. I will pass on more info as I have it and thank you for your reports.

-eric

This is still a problem on 11/20. It goes beyond abilities lighting up. They are also grayed out and look as if they are still on CD. There's also ability activation lag in operations, and possibly elsewhere. I play on Star Forge.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Yeah. I'm definitely regretting trying to learn Fury Mara, to the extent that I'm regretting trying to relearn Carnage instead. Ugh.

Yeah. I'm definitely regretting trying to learn Fury Mara, to the extent that I'm regretting trying to relearn Carnage instead. Ugh.

It seems they are deploying a patch tonight / tomorrow to also address this issue

It is all servers to deploy a small patch. The GUI fix is in that patch.

-eric

Such a shame MUSCO didn’t post it in the official thread, but instead posted in the Tulak Horde thread.

Edit:

Also, don’t give up on Fury. You will find it fun, just wait for the GUI fix tomorrow

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It seems they are deploying a patch tonight / tomorrow to also address this issue

Yup, saw that, tested it, the bug is fixed, as well as (including?) the non-fading map while moving.

Also, don’t give up on Fury. You will find it fun, just wait for the GUI fix tomorrow

Now that the fix is there, I'll give it another go. I suspect it will take a little while to find the best quickbar layout for me, but no matter.