Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back The Original PT/VG Patch 3.0 - 4.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Bring Back The Original PT/VG Patch 3.0 - 4.0

Grxsr
07.25.2018 , 01:38 PM | #1
I'm sure the program as not been deleted. Its in someone's files, someone made a mistake in judgement, now is time to redeem yourselves. links below as all the Facts and details.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/08/swtor-3-...ide-by-kwerty/

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/22/swtor-4-...ide-by-kwerty/

Rion_Starkiller
07.25.2018 , 03:17 PM | #2
In which specific ways is 3.0-4.0 VG PT better?
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

LordTurin
07.25.2018 , 03:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
In which specific ways is 3.0-4.0 VG PT better?
I assume he is making the mistake that somehow PTs have been nerfed since then, which isnt true, it's just literally almost everything else got buffed so PTs are weaker by comparison. But bringing back 3.0 PTs will not help one iota right now.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Grxsr
07.25.2018 , 05:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
I assume he is making the mistake that somehow PTs have been nerfed since then, which isnt true, it's just literally almost everything else got buffed so PTs are weaker by comparison. But bringing back 3.0 PTs will not help one iota right now.
I get what you saying but show proof! I already posted links showing how PT have to be reset, but where is your proof that PT have not been nerf? evidence plz

besides last I check PT was a dual class, not a squishy nondefensively class like it is today.. and went I say proof that means the Combat Proficiencies have to be the same as they were before. You can compare and contrast using the links I provide if you wish to.. up to you..but plz show proof.. aside from exercising your free speech

TalonVII
07.25.2018 , 06:09 PM | #5
This is so wrong it hurts.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

LordTurin
07.25.2018 , 06:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Grxsr View Post
I get what you saying but show proof! I already posted links showing how PT have to be reset, but where is your proof that PT have not been nerf? evidence plz

besides last I check PT was a dual class, not a squishy nondefensively class like it is today.. and went I say proof that means the Combat Proficiencies have to be the same as they were before. You can compare and contrast using the links I provide if you wish to.. up to you..but plz show proof.. aside from exercising your free speech
There are no dual classes in swtor, and have not been for a long time. There are classes that can do two roles, but if you try to both tank and dps at the same time, you will do worse in both.

Here you go:
http://dulfy.net/2016/12/22/swtor-5-...ide-by-jaymis/

LordTurin
07.25.2018 , 06:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
This is so wrong it hurts.
Truth hurts. Tell us how PTs have been significantly nerfed since 3.0 and 4.0. Not comparitively, because that part is true, but actually flat out nerfed in any significant way.

AdjeYo
07.25.2018 , 07:11 PM | #8
Truth hurts. Tell us how PTs have been significantly nerfed since 3.0 and 4.0. Not comparitively, because that part is true, but actually flat out nerfed in any significant way.
First and foremost PT's lost a lot of ranged capabilities since 3.0. Railshot range was significantly reduced, explosive dart was replaced by shatter slug with a 10m range, death from above replaced by deadly onslaught with 10m range and unload was straight up removed (not the most important ability, but still an allright filler at range). Also Bracer Propellant, which used to increase the range of Flame Burst/Magnetic Blast by 5 meters, has been nerfed to a 2 meter increase. These significant range nerfs have made it a lot more difficult for PT's to kite melee enemies in PvP, since most of your rotation now requires a 10m range, where before you could use nearly all of your abilities at 15 meters. It also makes it easier for ranged enemeies to kite PT's, making PT's a lot worse in PvP. It also means you do less damage when you're forced to move away from a boss in PvE, not the biggest deal, but it still matters.

Hydraulic Overrides was nerfed from a 30 seconds cooldown (25 with utility) to a 45 seconds cooldown (35 with utility). Further affecting their ability to kite and counter being kited, although for the latter Charge was added to PT DPS, however all tanks got in return was Translocate.

Apart from that the internal cooldown on using Shoulder Cannon was increased by a lot (0.5 to 1.5 seconds) and the utility providing healing on usage of Shoulder Cannon has been nerfed as well. This is pretty painful, especially for AP, since it now takes them 10.5 seconds to get all rockets off instead of 3.5 seconds before, and it heals them for 21% of their max health, down from 35%. (And the other specs heal for a 12% of their max health with all rockets, pretty weak for a legendary tier utility if you ask me).

Lastly for tanks Oil Slick has been nerfed from providing a 30% accuracy loss to a 15% accuracy loss. Making the ability a joke in PvE and pretty mediocre in PvP. Oh and tanks recently got a huge damage nerf.

LordTurin
07.25.2018 , 07:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
First and foremost PT's lost a lot of ranged capabilities since 3.0. Railshot range was significantly reduced, explosive dart was replaced by shatter slug with a 10m range, death from above replaced by deadly onslaught with 10m range and unload was straight up removed (not the most important ability, but still an allright filler at range). Also Bracer Propellant, which used to increase the range of Flame Burst/Magnetic Blast by 5 meters, has been nerfed to a 2 meter increase. These significant range nerfs have made it a lot more difficult for PT's to kite melee enemies in PvP, since most of your rotation now requires a 10m range, where before you could use nearly all of your abilities at 15 meters. It also makes it easier for ranged enemeies to kite PT's, making PT's a lot worse in PvP. It also means you do less damage when you're forced to move away from a boss in PvE, not the biggest deal, but it still matters.

Hydraulic Overrides was nerfed from a 30 seconds cooldown (25 with utility) to a 45 seconds cooldown (35 with utility). Further affecting their ability to kite and counter being kited, although for the latter Charge was added to PT DPS, however all tanks got in return was Translocate.

Apart from that the internal cooldown on using Shoulder Cannon was increased by a lot (0.5 to 1.5 seconds) and the utility providing healing on usage of Shoulder Cannon has been nerfed as well. This is pretty painful, especially for AP, since it now takes them 10.5 seconds to get all rockets off instead of 3.5 seconds before, and it heals them for 21% of their max health, down from 35%. (And the other specs heal for a 12% of their max health with all rockets, pretty weak for a legendary tier utility if you ask me).

Lastly for tanks Oil Slick has been nerfed from providing a 30% accuracy loss to a 15% accuracy loss. Making the ability a joke in PvE and pretty mediocre in PvP. Oh and tanks recently got a huge damage nerf.
OP specifically listed 2 PVE guides, so I assume that's what he was talking about, and pretty much all the stuff you mentioned were PvP nerfs (and also listed dps guides, not tank guides). If he was talking about PvP and tanks (the 2 things he didnt mention) I'm happy to have a discussion about that, but even there it was just bringing PTs in line with the range that other melee classes have (in fact it still has better range than all the other melee classes).

Shrug. You want 15m range back instead of an actual DCD, then go for it. I dont think it'll really help, but my PT isnt my main (and PvP isnt my focus) so of you think that'll fix its problems than that would be great.

AdjeYo
07.25.2018 , 07:42 PM | #10
OP specifically listed 2 PVE guides, so I assume that's what he was talking about, and pretty much all the stuff you mentioned were PvP nerfs (and also listed dps guides, not tank guides). If he was talking about PvP and tanks (the 2 things he didnt mention) I'm happy to have a discussion about that, but even there it was just bringing PTs in line with the range that other melee classes have (in fact it still has better range than all the other melee classes).

Shrug. You want 15m range back instead of an actual DCD, then go for it. I dont think it'll really help, but my PT isnt my main (and PvP isnt my focus) so of you think that'll fix its problems than that would be great.
I don't think it's fair to write all of these off as PvP nerfs. I can concede that most of these changes were probably made with PvP in mind, but their impact on PvE isn't nonexistant. The range nerfs do hurt in PvE, at times where one has to be at further range, but just doesn't have the ability to dish out the same damage as before. The nerf to hydraulics also has a pretty significant impact on certain bosses, think Revan hm. But most of all both nerfs to Shoulder Cannon are very much relevant in PvE, for AP especially. Having Shoulder Cannon take three times as long to unload all its damage very much affects burst, combined with the nerf to healing per rocket means we're not healing 21% health over 10.5 seconds rather than 35% over 3.5 seconds, pretty significant difference for a defensive if you ask me.

Now I'm not saying these nerfs were undeserved or that turning the clock back is going to fix PTs, I'm just saying that is just not true that PTs have not been nerfed since 3.0. They have been nerfed, multiple times and in ways impacting both PvE and PvP.