Where can we farm grade 10 mats?

Tolkyyn

It's not like you can just fly to Darvannis when you get the whim.

You use the new chapter select thing, choose chapter 14, and then you can go to Darvannis whenever you want.

I've been doing that to farm grade 10 scavenging stuff. It's crazy what people are willing to pay for it on the GTN right now. I just sold a couple stacks of 100 for 2 million credits each.

Ive been on Darvanus for an hour and only found grade 9 stuff. Not 1 grade 10.

Sorry was collecting some. Was fooled as it had no affect on my skill level. Thought It would take me to 600

Edited by Sawmark

... underworld mats? 0.o

there are only 4 types of mats u can harvest:

1) archeology grade 9/10 in swamp area on zakuul

2) bioanalysis grade 9/10 in swamp area on zakuul

3) scavenging grade 9/10 in old town on zakuul

4) slicing grade 9/10 in old town on zakuul

also there are some nodes on darvannis, though i'm not sure which ones exactly lol

I also want to point out to people, because I am seeing it a lot...

You have to clear the 9s for 10s to spawn... If you just keep taking the 10s and leaving the 9s, eventually all that will be spawned is 9s... They share the same spawn table, and thus need to be cleared out...

What about underworld mats? Any place that I can go to farm those? Mainly just to level it up from scratch.

Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, Investigation, and Treasure Hunting are what are known as "mission skills" The only way to acquire materials from these skills is to run missions; there are no gathering nodes for these skills.

You have to clear the 9s for 10s to spawn... If you just keep taking the 10s and leaving the 9s, eventually all that will be spawned is 9s... They share the same spawn table, and thus need to be cleared out...

Lol yeah I went to Darvannis yesterday to have a bit of a farm, it was 90% grade 9 and there were 20+ imps so probably 40-50 total so i'm pretty sure they were leaving the 9s for me :-))

It is ridiculous though not adding a new place for only grade 10, they expand the crew skills but not the farming opportunity? It's gotta be laziness with the level design imo

... underworld mats? 0.o

there are only 4 types of mats u can harvest:

1) archeology grade 9/10 in swamp area on zakuul

2) bioanalysis grade 9/10 in swamp area on zakuul

3) scavenging grade 9/10 in old town on zakuul

4) slicing grade 9/10 in old town on zakuul

also there are some nodes on darvannis, though i'm not sure which ones exactly lol

Grade 10 slicing on Darvannis for sure, mixed with grade 9 as well.

<--- Speaks true.

I am hoping we're going to see some new content soon that will address the problem, otherwise pretty lame.

• 1 month later...

This will go down as one of the lazier expansions. To not have a planet or zone available for all the new mats is hard to forgive. And to haphazardly mix them in with other grades is flatly insulting. It shows a lack of concern when it comes to crafting and it is one of the many reasons that I am seriously considering dropping my subscription.

I've been in game since the start with early access. And after 5 yrs, the developers continue to take the lazy approach to new content.

It's getting tiresome.

This will go down as one of the lazier expansions. To not have a planet or zone available for all the new mats is hard to forgive. And to haphazardly mix them in with other grades is flatly insulting. It shows a lack of concern when it comes to crafting and it is one of the many reasons that I am seriously considering dropping my subscription.

I've been in game since the start with early access. And after 5 yrs, the developers continue to take the lazy approach to new content.

It's getting tiresome.

Chances are 5.2 and Iokath daily area will have grade 10 mats exclusively.

Chances are 5.2 and Iokath daily area will have grade 10 mats exclusively.

That would be nice.

In my experience, having done quite a bit of gathering of all materials, Zakuul has mostly grade 9 with 10 interspersed, Darvannis has mostly 10 with 9 interspersed. Could be a coincidence, could be a fluke, but to me, this seems to be the trend. I've seen this in situations where I've been pretty much alone in the areas over a longer time period, gathering all nodes and watching them respawn.

It's getting tiresome.

Not really, all it does is drive GTN costs up. And those costs, at least on EH, are starting to fall. 1k/ea for Grade 10 mats on EH right now is not a bad price if you are a buyer.

• 2 months later...
I have mad e 4 complete circuits of Darvannis harvesting every node I see. NONE of the archaeology node were grade 10. All were grade 9. So I have no clue what you mean by they alternate. The law of averages says at least one of the node should have been grade 10. I now have another 250 gleaming alien fragments and gleaming phond crystals.:mad:

I have mad e 4 complete circuits of Darvannis harvesting every node I see. NONE of the archaeology node were grade 10. All were grade 9. So I have no clue what you mean by they alternate. The law of averages says at least one of the node should have been grade 10. I now have another 250 gleaming alien fragments and gleaming phond crystals.:mad:

5.2 removed the grade 10 nodes of all types from Zakuul and Darvannis.

With 5.2 none of the nodes on Zakuul or Darvins are now spawning grade 10 nodes. It looks like Iokath is now the only place with ground spawn nodes. Nothing in patch notes about this change and it really makes farming grade 10 mats suck.