Since 6.0 the game run worst then ever.

Poje

Ok, im a founder, so ive been playing the game since the start. During those years, i changed / upgraded my PC many times and NEVER has the game run perfectly.

SWTOR is my favorite game of the past 10 years and its sad that i was never able to run it smoothly like other MMOs i played.

Now with 6.0, the game has crashed and stuttered more times then ever and it seems that changing settings from Ultra to low, playing with my video card settings or even playing with the CPU core priority does nothing noticeable to help it and often make it worst!

So EA / Bioware can you guy do something about this?

Like can someone tell us what settings or things we can do make SWTOR run smooth?

Or maybe change something in the engine or programming to use all the power a PC has? (Since i never see any of my CPU, memory or GPU running at 100%.)

This is my PC btw for those thinking im using a potatoe and crying for nothing : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/rfWD4D

Thx!

Poje

60x75 on Starforge, all 306.

Edited by Poje

I have this box and it runs nice and smooth on Ultra, both before and after 6.0 released:

i7-7820X (8 cores, hyperthreaded) 3.6GHz nominal on stock clocks

MSI Raider X299 motherboard, stock clocks

8x8GB Crucial 3000MHz DDR4, stock clocks

MSI Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, stock clocks, driving a pair of 60Hz 28" 4K screens over Displayport

Samsung EVO 970 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD

Integrated 5.1 audio

Integrated Intel I-219V Ethernet

1Gbps down / 300Mbps up full-fibre Internet

After the help of some people on Discord and an EA article, i found these settings :

NVIDIA control panel - Manage 3D settings

Antialiasing- FXAA: On

Antialiasing- Mode: Enhance the application setting

Antialiasing- Setting: 8x

MFAA: On

Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance

Triple Buffering: On

Vertical Sync: Fast

The game is running smoother now thx to this, but its not perfect. The game is on Ultra.

Poje

Edited by Poje