I think Dooku is stronger than the cyborg Maul

Slowpokeking

Dooku's performance against Yoda in EP II was much better than Maul VS Sidious one on one. Yoda's lightsaber skill is pretty much on the same level with Sidious. The Count also owned Obi Wan in both EP II and EP III, had bigger advantage than Maul VS Obi Wan in TCW. Only the fight against Savage is a bit weird.

Oh him. I doubt he'll be avenged. But wasn't Qui Gon Jinn a Jedi Master, the one that noticed Anakin Skywalker's potential?

Dooku was Qui-Gon's master when he was an apprentice. Then later Qui-Gon would advance and become the man in episode 1 we all love :)

On the topic at hand, Dooku could probably beat Maul. It's been said many times that his skills with both the lightsaber and the force are on par with Mace Windu and Yoda, the two most powerful Jedi of the Clone Wars. Obi-Wan was able to beat Maul as a mere apprentice, and as a Jedi Master Dooku was still able to take him on easily. I doubt Maul could take on Anakin and Obi-Wan in the same way as Dooku.

On the other hand, Dooku's style is said to be overwhelmed by constant aggression, in the case of Anakin besting him in episode 3, so if Maul could keep himself protected from Dooku's force abilities and kept up the attack he might be able to break his defenses eventually. I doubt it, but there's always a chance.

Not under-rating Maul (who is a really powerful Sith), but Dooku is more powerful than him. He is also more skilled with the lightsaber.

Not only that, but he is also far more useful. He has the wealth, political skills, and charisma to lead the Separatists. Maul doesn't have that. This makes Dooku infinitely more useful than Maul could be. That's why Dooku is the apprentice, Maul is now a tool (for what purpose? I can't wait to find out!).

Of course they are both tools in the Grand Plan, but Dooku is the more useful of the two.

Not under-rating Maul (who is a really powerful Sith), but Dooku is more powerful than him. He is also more skilled with the lightsaber.

Not only that, but he is also far more useful. He has the wealth, political skills, and charisma to lead the Separatists. Maul doesn't have that. This makes Dooku infinitely more useful than Maul could be. That's why Dooku is the apprentice, Maul is now a tool (for what purpose? I can't wait to find out!).

Of course they are both tools in the Grand Plan, but Dooku is the more useful of the two.

dooku has an advantage, but i wouldnt say lightsaber combat technique is dooku advantage over maul though. His makashi style wouldnt do that great agains an agressive forms of Maul mainly Niman and juyo. However no doubt dooku is far frombeing defenseless.

My point being i think dooku advantage over maul would be his force techniques, and force lightsaber combos.

Edited by Spartanik

Yeah, from what I know Maul or Savage (im just throwing Savage out there) dont seem to know how to defend Force lightning. Vader when he became a cyborg had his potential cut in half, but he still became stronger, just not as strong as he could have been.

When Vader became a cyborg, he was less powerful.

Depends on what you mean by less powerful. In the suit, he became more powerful than pre-mustafar Vader. However, his potential to become the ultimate Force user was lost. So Suited Vader would be less powerful than non-suited Vader, provided non-suited Vader existed. :p

Depends on what you mean by less powerful. In the suit, he became more powerful than pre-mustafar Vader. However, his potential to become the ultimate Force user was lost. So Suited Vader would be less powerful than non-suited Vader, provided non-suited Vader existed. :p

That would be a pretty good plot twist, id call it "The True Darth Vader".

Yeah, from what I know Maul or Savage (im just throwing Savage out there) dont seem to know how to defend Force lightning. Vader when he became a cyborg had his potential cut in half, but he still became stronger, just not as strong as he could have been.

Actualy Maul had the ability to take lightning andm keep walking, as it shows in one of the comics. But im guessing like everything in sw it was a situational thing.

On the topic at hand, Dooku could probably beat Maul. It's been said many times that his skills with both the lightsaber and the force are on par with Mace Windu and Yoda, the two most powerful Jedi of the Clone Wars. Obi-Wan was able to beat Maul as a mere apprentice, and as a Jedi Master Dooku was still able to take him on easily. I doubt Maul could take on Anakin and Obi-Wan in the same way as Dooku.

Darth Maul actually stomped Obi Wan and Qui Gon both. He could of easily killed Obi Wan with one force push when Obi Wan was hanging on for dear life in that hole. Instead of finishing him he decided to show boat and it cost him his life. That's equivalent to Desean Jackson spiking the ball at the one yard line before he got into the endzone and then claim that the defense stopped him. No he stopped himself, it he didn't show boat, Obi would be no more.

Edited by Odyseus

Darth Maul actually stomped Obi Wan and Qui Gon both. He could of easily killed Obi Wan with one force push when Obi Wan was hanging on for dear life in that hole. Instead of finishing him he decided to show boat and it cost him his life. That's equivalent to Desean Jackson spiking the ball at the one yard line before he got into the endzone and then claim that the defense stopped him. No he stopped himself, it he didn't show boat, Obi would be no more.

Maul is one of those Characters that on paper would do very well against most if you were actually fairly analysing it point by point - but he seems to get sold short by plot devices (as Sith tend to)....or people who tend to be pretty biased against him.... one case in point always talk about being beaten by an apprentice Obi Wan - where as Maul is actually 3 years younger than Obi Wan and an apprentice himself- and was more skilled that a Jedi Master said to be able to fight Mace Windu as an equal (admitted by the Master Himself)

As much as I like him Obi Wan is a Character HEAVILY protected by plot because the Future Story that we know HAS to come to pass.....

In an analysis of Maul Vs Dooku - people will never alude to the Fact that Juyo is a very Kinetic style which will give Makashi problems - not to mention Teras Kasi to make it even more unpredictable - on the last pass of the Sidious/Maul Duel notice that Maul catches Sidious with a Side thrust kick after opening up his defence by using a Spinning sweep - (in a pretty even fight with Duel lightsabers where Sidious uses the force to beat him)

Maul Also has one of the best Endurance levels I have ever seen on any Jed/Sith (probably partially due to his Zabrak physiology and a lot to do with his huge personal emphasis on Physical training) and you never really read about him getting fatigued even when fighting multiple opponents.

I am not saying that Maul would definitely beat Dooku (as Dooku has his own distinct advantages) - but I think he does have a chance.......

Maul is one of those Characters that on paper would do very well against most if you were actually fairly analysing it point by point - but he seems to get sold short by plot devices (as Sith tend to)....or people who tend to be pretty biased against him.... one case in point always talk about being beaten by an apprentice Obi Wan - where as Maul is actually 3 years younger than Obi Wan and an apprentice himself- and was more skilled that a Jedi Master said to be able to fight Mace Windu as an equal (admitted by the Master Himself)

As much as I like him Obi Wan is a Character HEAVILY protected by plot because the Future Story that we know HAS to come to pass.....

In an analysis of Maul Vs Dooku - people will never alude to the Fact that Juyo is a very Kinetic style which will give Makashi problems - not to mention Teras Kasi to make it even more unpredictable - on the last pass of the Sidious/Maul Duel notice that Maul catches Sidious with a Side thrust kick after opening up his defence by using a Spinning sweep - (in a pretty even fight with Duel lightsabers where Sidious uses the force to beat him)

Maul Also has one of the best Endurance levels I have ever seen on any Jed/Sith (probably partially due to his Zabrak physiology and a lot to do with his huge personal emphasis on Physical training) and you never really read about him getting fatigued even when fighting multiple opponents.

I am not saying that Maul would definitely beat Dooku (as Dooku has his own distinct advantages) - but I think he does have a chance.......

Taking everything into account, I would say that Maul does have a good chance at beating Dooku. He's younger, more agressive, and very skilled with the lightsaber. His chosen form of Juyo would prove very effective against Dooku's Makashi.

However, also take into account Dooku's advantages as well. Dooku is quite possibly the greatest master of Makashi, focusing on poise and balance. He also has experience (lots of it). And is more powerful in The Force than Maul.

Comparing the two of them, Maul and Dooku would prove to be an interesting fight. Because of their chosen forms, they are very close in skill, but Maul's agression could give him an edge. But I feel Dooku's strength in The Force would be his saving grace.

It's interesting discussing this fight, because this battle could happen. But, in my opinion, Sidious would be foolish to allow that to happen. He needs Dooku to keep the war effort going. Dooku is the head of the CIS. Dooku's loss would cripple the war effort (we see the impact of his death in EP 3).

Taking everything into account, I would say that Maul does have a good chance at beating Dooku. He's younger, more agressive, and very skilled with the lightsaber. His chosen form of Juyo would prove very effective against Dooku's Makashi.

However, also take into account Dooku's advantages as well. Dooku is quite possibly the greatest master of Makashi, focusing on poise and balance. He also has experience (lots of it). And is more powerful in The Force than Maul.

Comparing the two of them, Maul and Dooku would prove to be an interesting fight. Because of their chosen forms, they are very close in skill, but Maul's agression could give him an edge. But I feel Dooku's strength in The Force would be his saving grace.

It's interesting discussing this fight, because this battle could happen. But, in my opinion, Sidious would be foolish to allow that to happen. He needs Dooku to keep the war effort going. Dooku is the head of the CIS. Dooku's loss would cripple the war effort (we see the impact of his death in EP 3).

Well lets not also forget that Dooku was one of the greatest Jedi Masters in history. While his main form is Makashi, he is also knowledgeable in other forms aswell. Of course ya, his strengths in The Force would probably be his saving grace and the fight could actually happen with Dooku being the victor...a sort of duel between apprentices to find out who would be best to serve Sidious.

Well lets not also forget that Dooku was one of the greatest Jedi Masters in history. While his main form is Makashi, he is also knowledgeable in other forms aswell. Of course ya, his strengths in The Force would probably be his saving grace and the fight could actually happen with Dooku being the victor...a sort of duel between apprentices to find out who would be best to serve Sidious.

And that's another thing that falls in his favor. Dooku was very knowledgeable in the lightsaber forms. He was a duelist, and made sure he had every dueling advantage. Despite only using Makashi, he studied the other forms as well, giving him an edge over other duelists.

Of course a duel is possible, but I really don't think Sidious would allow it. What if Maul kills Dooku? He just lost the figurehead of the CIS. The war would be over real quick if that happened. What if Dooku kills Maul? He just lost a very useful assassin, a weapon against the Jedi. Either way, Sidious would lose a very useful tool, but I think the loss of Dooku would hurt his plans more than losing Maul.

Anyway, the battle would be epic, but I feel Dooku's use of The Force would give him the victory after a very difficult battle.

And that's another thing that falls in his favor. Dooku was very knowledgeable in the lightsaber forms. He was a duelist, and made sure he had every dueling advantage. Despite only using Makashi, he studied the other forms as well, giving him an edge over other duelists.

Of course a duel is possible, but I really don't think Sidious would allow it. What if Maul kills Dooku? He just lost the figurehead of the CIS. The war would be over real quick if that happened. What if Dooku kills Maul? He just lost a very useful assassin, a weapon against the Jedi. Either way, Sidious would lose a very useful tool, but I think the loss of Dooku would hurt his plans more than losing Maul.

Anyway, the battle would be epic, but I feel Dooku's use of The Force would give him the victory after a very difficult battle.

Though there is always the plot armor, seeing as Dooku would have to survive anyway. :p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Though there is always the plot armor, seeing as Dooku would have to survive anyway. :p

Very true. Maybe a battle between the two would be Sidious testing Dooku to see if he is worthy of being Sith by defeating his predecessor. Of course the test would be a sham (even if Dooku won), because Sidious has no intention of keeping Dooku around. :(

Interesting to think about, at least.

Cyborg maul is a mistake. It's only to take advantage of a bad used char.. People always wanted to see more of maul. But lucas killed him too soon. So now to give a taste they resurrected him. (Like a deus ex-machina). I doubt it will ever be accepted as canon lore.