Dumbing Down Of PvP

Cempa

Trying to understand the amount the roots in this game, so I took a look at Warrior aka Smash Monkey:

Force Charge: 2sec + 1sec talented

Ravage talented: 3 sec

Deadly Throw talented 3sec

Force Charge is just about up again....

Then they give Juggs a guaranteed 4sec immunity from all CC

How many sec is that?

what I would do:

1) All roots and snares are on resolve

2) Interrupt is on global cool-down

3) All CC duration is reduced by 50%

4) Resolve bar is filled after x2 CC of any kind

Trying to understand the amount the roots in this game, so I took a look at Warrior aka Smash Monkey:

How many sec is that?

what I would do:

I agree with you whole heartedly mate, those changes you suggested really would dumb down PvP.

Rage spec only has 1 root, force charge.

This just in: Guardians now have access to a 36/36/36 Vigilance/Combat/Focus spec.

Learn you class?

Rage have leg slash, force charge, Obliterate, Force Crush and Dual Saber throw for use as roots and slows.

Carnage have force charge, ravage, dual saber throw, leg slash, deadly throw, and a chance to reset deadly throw

Anni has Force charge (specced its on a lower cooldown) Rupture, Legslash, and Dual Saber throw.

Both Carnage and Anni spec have movement boosts and Rage have obliterate they can use while being rooted themselfs.

This class is ******** on so many levels it takes a truly blind man/woman to not realise it and raise his or her hand in its defence.

How many sec is that?

what I would do:

I partially agree, resolve should be ALOT more strict, that way outside of pvp cc is unaffected and roots and snares SHOULD be on resolve.

How many sec is that?

what I would do:

Most things look OP with all skill trees maxed while borrowing abilities from both advanced classes.

How many sec is that?

what I would do:

Funny thing is mara and jugg would profit the most of that. A combat sent is born stunned and rooted, but he makes you pay once resolve is full.

And that sniper knockback root madness would end.... yeah so why not.

One note though annihilation/watch man doesnt really have that much cc and no addition breaker as carnage and rage have. You just name a lot of abilities that in different trees. A smasher doesnt have a ravage or deadly throw root, this you only get in the midtree, but he an extra leap. only vengeance has the cc immunity after leap, but it pretty much makes the spec, why would somebody even play it with out that?

Actually about the interrupt... now i still want to interrupt mass affliction in Dread Fortress.

Learn you class?

Rage have leg slash, force charge, Obliterate, Force Crush and Dual Saber throw for use as roots and slows.

Carnage have force charge, ravage, dual saber throw, leg slash, deadly throw, and a chance to reset deadly throw

Anni has Force charge (specced its on a lower cooldown) Rupture, Legslash, and Dual Saber throw.

Both Carnage and Anni spec have movement boosts and Rage have obliterate they can use while being rooted themselfs.

This class is ******** on so many levels it takes a truly blind man/woman to not realise it and raise his or her hand in its defence.

I know how to play my own class, thank you.

You clearly didn't read the OP though. So let me explain.

First he says that he is primarily complaining about Smash Monkeys, right? So, full Focus Spec? Gotcha.

Then, he says, that Deadly Throw and Ravage have talented roots on them. Meaning, full Combat right? Right? Unless you think there's some next level hybrid that actually gets these while still somehow having access to Smash.

Then he complains about the CC immunity that *GUARDIANS* receive. Wait, what? A second ago we were talking about a 36/36 Combat/Focus Sentinel. No, nvm, we are talking abotu a 36/36/36 Vigilance, Combat, Focus Guardinel.

Does that make it clear to you? Or not? Oh, and complaining about Watchman/Annihiliation being OP?

El Oh f***king El. Seriously. L2P.

The weaker CCs are, the more powerful healers become.

Which is why healers (op healers at least) are so widely viewed as out of control. CC is pretty mediocre to weak in this game by comparison to basically everything but FPS games.

I' m not saying tone down CC and leave everything as it is, that's crazy! Tone down CC and balance the game around less CC. Even Blizzard has announced that they heard what players want and CC will be significantly toned down for the best upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.

Players hate being chain CC'd...the issue is roots are off Resolve so you can get chain rooted for nearly 10sec then x3stuns for 12 sec, cone on how is 20sec of chain CC fun.

AGAIN: +20sec of chain CC!

At the very least do this:

Root NEEDS to be on Resolve.

They can add root to Resolve and not change anything else and the game will be better of it...thoughts?

I know how to play my own class, thank you.

You clearly didn't read the OP though. So let me explain.

First he says that he is primarily complaining about Smash Monkeys, right? So, full Focus Spec? Gotcha.

Then, he says, that Deadly Throw and Ravage have talented roots on them. Meaning, full Combat right? Right? Unless you think there's some next level hybrid that actually gets these while still somehow having access to Smash.

Then he complains about the CC immunity that *GUARDIANS* receive. Wait, what? A second ago we were talking about a 36/36 Combat/Focus Sentinel. No, nvm, we are talking abotu a 36/36/36 Vigilance, Combat, Focus Guardinel.

Does that make it clear to you? Or not? Oh, and complaining about Watchman/Annihiliation being OP?

El Oh f***king El. Seriously. L2P.

This.

OP and those who "agree" are either trolls (if so, gg) or in need of l2p.

In a absolute worst case senario you can only be CC'ed or 18 seconds. (8 sec mezz > low slash > 8 sec mezz)

And that is a extreme senario.

How many sec is that?

what I would do:

As a starter, most of the skills that you mentioned do not fall under same spec/class. Plus, guess which classes benefit the most out of roots being removed? Juggs, sin and marauders (I guess this is the exact opposite of what you think will happen from buffing resolve and adding roots on it). Melee classes typically eat a root, stun or knock back once every 7-8 secs, versus ranged classes maybe once every 20-25 secs assuming you are playing a competitive game and know how and where to position yourself.

Hard CCs do not last that long, it is the stupid aoe 8-6 sec mezzs that are complete garbage design, which I strongly agree need their duration cut down big time considering that the slow game play to a turtle speed and are aoe. Hard stun? No... Again, melee dps are the ones who suffer the most from being hard stunned, so why reduce stun duration, if the goal is to slow them down?

Resolve feels extremely unfair in non-competitive games, specially if you are a ranged dps on the weak team side; however, these systems are set in place to allow ranged dps to slow down/control melee dps, and work fairly well in competitive games. Remove them and might as well ban all dps classes from entering the WZ except if they are jugg, marauder, sin and/or PT.

Edited by Ottoattack

Complaining about Unstoppable which has been around since Beta? Really? The only utility that makes Vengeance, an otherwise underpowered spec in almost all respects, stand out? Edited by Helig

How many sec is that?

what I would do:

This would destroy sages and sorcs completely in PvP. We are already the squishiest class and without our CC we are fodder.

If you want these changes, then I want a beefed up defence for those times that my CC is utterly useless.