Being shot through objects - an explanation.

Ttoilleekul

So I thought I would make a video about a specific mechanic that allows someone to give the appearance of shooting you through an obstacle. Some might call this an exploit. Its unknown if it's by intention or a flaw in the game design. Its not widely used though, because most people don't know about it, hence the video. I've also linked Drakolich's videos that touch on the same topic, and also explain animations, which are different from what is actually happening, and can give you the impression that a missile or laser went through something. Next time anyone questions being shot through something, send them this thread.

- using Line of sight mechanic in a Gunship and why it works so well in gunships specifically.

_ in this video Verain demonstrates how to use this mechanic in a Strike, which is what I mention in my video, that you don't need to be in a gunship to do this.

- this video does not directly talk about the same thing, but after watching it you will understand how missile animations can appear top go through a rock, when in fact in reaility the missile does not.

Last note, it can also happen because of lag.

Edited by Ttoilleekul