Please do not award new mats for Solo Ranked. Other rewards are fine but not mats.

Alec_Fortescue

First of all it's great to see how many people queue TR. And TR should be the source of materials. Both serious players can enjoy meme teams of farmers for rating and farmers are happy by just getting mats. It's all cool.

If you will introduce mats into solo ranked it will cause a lot of harassment, toxicity and unwanted behaviour. SR will be flooded with farmers who won't have any consideration of people who are willing to participate. It will be full of toxic trolls and people who don't give a darn about the game and just want their mats.

Please do not award Materials for Solo Ranked. Let them give CXP, Components, Tokens, credits but not Augment materials. Many solo players, myself included, had a blast in TR and fought against not-so-bad teams. There were almost no farmers and players tried composing themselves of trinity teams. TR will lose this traffic and solo will be full of toxicity if you'll introduce materials there.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=938773

They already know of the problem.

I am for granting rewards because the economy is broken. Who do you think can afford the prices on those augments ?

There are already people fully geared with them and have an advantage.

If only a few people have access to the mats then we gonna have a gearing problem again.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Alec, the problem with the mats only being in grouped Ranked is people are already wintrading the mats and only those people will ever have them. They are making millions by doing this.

The only way is to make the mats available in both solo and group,

Honestly I don’t think they should be in either. A better way would be for people to buy the mats with unassembled components because ranked still gives more of those anyway.

Dropping mats as a reward only encourages people to cheat the system.

I am not buying this. What do you mean exploiting? Win trading? Theyre just queuing bad groups so they can mats. They lose, somebody else wins and gets rating. Other group willingly queues and still get mats they were after. Wolf is fed and sheep is unhurt.

They should leave it and not introduce it in solo ranked because that's gonna piss a lot of people and create extremely toxic environment.

Alec, the problem with the mats only being in grouped Ranked is people are already wintrading the mats and only those people will ever have them. They are making millions by doing this.
I don't understand. Literally anyone can queue for group ranked if you want. If it's only win traders why not just queue with a legitimate group and beat them? Edited by yellow_

I don't understand. Literally anyone can queue for group ranked if you want. If it's only win traders why not just queue with a legitimate group and beat them?

Exactly. If it was awarded in Solos wasters and farmers and tradesr would be queued together with players who want to play legitimately!

Sounds to me you just like the new pop rate of group ranked. You don't have to Solos if you don't want to, but you as a bias player are hardly in a position to dictate who gets mats and who doesn't.

Personally I'm not tied into the PvP system, I keep to myself and am generally a loner. As a result I'm not in the position to do team ranked, so am I forced cause you don't want to give up your Granked pops to not have the mats?

One last note. Solo ranked means nothing. (edited misinformation) Wintrading is alive and well. It's like trying to take solo queue seriously in regs, if you solo queue you give up the right to win based on skill and have faith in "Puglife". In the last year and a half bioware has managed to rip solo queue toxicity down just by sheer numbers of new blood. So I highly doubt getting mats will be any different from the UC grant farmers.

Edited by Seterade

It will be full of toxic trolls and people who don't give a darn about the game...

Serious question/comment: isn't that what solo ranked already is? There are some decent people in SR, but so many trolls and people who incessantly harass others to the point of making them quit - a behavior which helps kill the game, not grow it. Therefore, they clearly do not give a darn about the game, just themselves.

Anyway, I don't really care that much about this subject, but I just would like to see the top augments not be prohibitively expensive. If you want to keep it in group ranked only, I don't care. Just reward more of the mats to bring the price per unit down.

EDIT: Removed some stuff, added some stuff. I like my edits. :o

Edited by teclado

What? Roughly 2k is the best that I see for operatives...http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/class/scoundrel-operative

I don't really care that much about this subject, but I just would like to see the top augments not be prohibitively expensive. If you want to keep it in group ranked only, I don't care. Just reward more of the mats to bring the price per unit down.

My bad. I misread the board. trust me, I couldnt believe my eyes. corrected

read "rank" on accident. (I'm not sure the difference, I'm a little foggy on finer details of leaderboards, after only playing ranked for the last year)

Edited by Seterade

Exactly. If it was awarded in Solos wasters and farmers and tradesr would be queued together with players who want to play legitimately!

Because as soon as mats come into play nobody wants to play legitimately. If it's all about the mats, games just need to go as quickly as possible. And if losing in the first minute 20 times over is the fastest way to do that, that is what people are going to do. Doesn't matter what form of "ranked" it is.

Tying any sort of progressional reward to ranked games is just straight up bad for competition and sportsmanship.

But apparently that wasn't obvious to Bioware people yet.

Because as soon as mats come into play nobody wants to play legitimately. If it's all about the mats, games just need to go as quickly as possible. And if losing in the first minute 20 times over is the fastest way to do that, that is what people are going to do. Doesn't matter what form of "ranked" it is.

Tying any sort of progressional reward to ranked games is just straight up bad for competition and sportsmanship.

Yeah but in TR you'll either end up playing legit teams or farmers. Everyone wins.

Right now yolos are played almost only by people who actually want to play them seriously and I like it. Lack of significant participation rewards keeps trolls and bads away. People with end-of-season rewards in mind still particpate and do their best. Although SR should still reward components and old mats because progression is important.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I really like the current setup. It makes for a way more laid back environment because you know what your getting into before you hit the que button. Group ranked rating feels less personal so most people are willing to give it a try as opposed to solo rating, where it feels more personal.

I've pugged the weekly on two toons with random fleet people and haven't run into any toxicity or anything. Alot more laid back then Solo ranked, which is pure aids IMO and should just go away all together. The reward payout for grouped ranked is way better too. I think BW may have unintentionally made something good here IMO.

Too bad it will be fixed and the ol' toxic SR will become popular again, sigh.

Edited by DenariusJay

I really like the current setup. It makes for a way more laid back environment because you know what your getting into before you hit the que button. Group ranked rating feels less personal so most people are willing to give it a try as opposed to solo rating, where it feels more personal.

I've pugged the weekly on two toons with random fleet people and haven't run into any toxicity or anything. Alot more laid back then Solo ranked, which is pure aids IMO and should just go away all together. The reward payout for grouped ranked is way better too. I think BW may have unintentionally made something good here IMO.

Too bad it will be fixed and the ol' toxic SR will become popular again, sigh.

Eric never confirmed it as a bug though.

If you will introduce mats into solo ranked it will cause a lot of harassment, toxicity and unwanted behaviour.

So what you are telling me is that right now there is no harassment, toxicity or unwanted behavior in solo ranked, but introducing mats as rewards for solo ranked daily/weekly would cause there to be harassment, toxicity and unwanted behavior?

Yeah, you're right, we definitely would not want to cause those things to happen in SR.

Wait......

I think, in reality, you need to understand just how stupid ranked is, both solo and team. It's just another game format. It means nothing. You do it for whatever enjoyment you do it for but it has zero status and worth. Giving it some sort of worth wouldn't exactly be a horrible thing.

Edited by Wimbleton

I don't understand. Literally anyone can queue for group ranked if you want. If it's only win traders why not just queue with a legitimate group and beat them?

That’s not what they are doing. It’s not about beating them, it’s about farming credits as fast as possible. Plus at the times I can play (being in Australia), there are rarely enough people on to get a reg match to pop, so getting a Ranked pop is impossible.

I still think the best solution is to make the mats purchasable with UC. People who play Ranked will obviously get them faster, but other people will be less tempered to flood Ranked to get mats because you get less UC for a loss.

It also opens up the mats for other players who don’t do ranked or NiM operations. All Bioware need to do is make those mats cost a lot of UC’s.

First of all it's great to see how many people queue TR. And TR should be the source of materials. Both serious players can enjoy meme teams of farmers for rating and farmers are happy by just getting mats. It's all cool.

If you will introduce mats into solo ranked it will cause a lot of harassment, toxicity and unwanted behaviour. SR will be flooded with farmers who won't have any consideration of people who are willing to participate. It will be full of toxic trolls and people who don't give a darn about the game and just want their mats.

Please do not award Materials for Solo Ranked. Let them give CXP, Components, Tokens, credits but not Augment materials. Many solo players, myself included, had a blast in TR and fought against not-so-bad teams. There were almost no farmers and players tried composing themselves of trinity teams. TR will lose this traffic and solo will be full of toxicity if you'll introduce materials there.

It's hard to decide if all you care about is you financial well being in the game and you know very well that as long as only a few people get access to new mats the prices won't drop. Prices going down is a MUST because who the **ck do yuo think will afford buying those 20 mil/piece augments ?

And speaking of team ranked. You make it look like it's so cool but in reality it isn't as good as you make it out to be.

Unless you aren't part of the PVP elite club on Darth Malgus, you will be mostly left out of the loop and gonna be farmed by the elites who form teams. You won't have access to the top teams.

Que dodge will mostly save you, but when 3 elite teams are in que, your best bet is to stop queing.

But you will become very rich until Bioware will fix solo ranked.

So in conclusion: The same problem will happen in team ranked where T1 players will start farming the bronze and below bronze teams.

It's hard to decide if all you care about is you financial well being in the game and you know very well that as long as only a few people get access to new mats the prices won't drop. Prices going down is a MUST because who the **ck do yuo think will afford buying those 20 mil/piece augments ?

And speaking of team ranked. You make it look like it's so cool but in reality it isn't as good as you make it out to be.

Unless you aren't part of the PVP elite club on Darth Malgus, you will be mostly left out of the loop and gonna be farmed by the elites who form teams. You won't have access to the top teams.

Que dodge will mostly save you, but when 3 elite teams are in que, your best bet is to stop queing.

But you will become very rich until Bioware will fix solo ranked.

So in conclusion: The same problem will happen in team ranked where T1 players will start farming the bronze and below bronze teams.

David, you are one of those absolutely ignorant players who have no idea what just happened. There is a reason for augments to be so expensive and it is related to previous exploits. People do a lot of TR games right now, there is a ton of mats out there. Exploiters are hiking the prices. This is a problem, not that mats are available in TR. TON of people do TR now.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

David, you are one of those absolutely ignorant players who have no idea what just happened. There is a reason for augments to be so expensive and it is related to previous exploits. People do a lot of TR games right now, there is a ton of mats out there. Exploiters are hiking the prices. This is a problem, not that mats are available in TR. TON of people do TR now.

And the solution to the problem would be... ?

I started to queue for team rankeds based on the rewards alone. The funny thing is that by the end of the rounds we played, we actually came out evenly with three wins and three losses on our tank/scoundrel healer/sage dps/gunslinger. We went up against some "serious teams" from the other faction and actually won without that much PvP experience.

Overall, it was a pretty enjoyable experience. Two of us were in it for the mats, two others to break silver rank, and we overall did decently enough. No flaming and toxicity, but simple conversation about what went wrong in any given round we lost.

And that's the thing: Giving out those materials is a win-win for everyone. Highly equipped PvE players who have tanks and healers can queue for it, do their job, and then get materials as a reward. People who are serious about it can form groups and "farm", or rather "attempt to farm" the people farming the mats. I get my six mats after a few matches, you get some ranking if you're good enough. It's a win for everyone.

If you queue with four friends, you can't lose.

Yeah but in TR you'll either end up playing legit teams or farmers. Everyone wins.

Right now yolos are played almost only by people who actually want to play them seriously and I like it. Lack of significant participation rewards keeps trolls and bads away. People with end-of-season rewards in mind still particpate and do their best. Although SR should still reward components and old mats because progression is important.

Nobody wins by taking rating from tossers. That just ****s up the system even more than it already is.

First of all it's great to see how many people queue TR. And TR should be the source of materials. Both serious players can enjoy meme teams of farmers for rating

Stopped reading after this. game is enough of a joke as it is, encouraging people to form noob pugs and throw TR (the sad epitome of pvp in this game) is just unbelievable. If you're ok with encouraging more throwing, stop calling it team ranked. Call it... gathering

by the end of the rounds we played, we actually came out evenly with three wins and three losses on our tank/scoundrel healer/sage dps/gunslinger. We went up against some "serious teams" from the other faction and actually won without that much PvP experience.

Yep they sound like real serious teams. Keep telling yourself that

Edited by themachinemann

Stopped reading after this. game is enough of a joke as it is, encouraging people to form noob pugs and throw TR (the sad epitome of pvp in this game) is just unbelievable. If you're ok with encouraging more throwing, stop calling it team ranked. Call it... gathering

Yep they sound like real serious teams. Keep telling yourself that

There are just teams.

Team Ranked is booming and people do it in masses. Some teams crushed me, others didn't. It's competitive. I like it.

Downside to it is the crazy price for augments which I don't think are worth it anymore.