SWTOR is ultimately a failure becuase

ThornKrell

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...no one should ever voice Feedback? gotcha.

He actually has a point. Back in the days of Everquest the common belief was that PvP was the driving force behind all MMO's. The makers of EQ were smart enough to look at why people weren't playing the PvP-heavy MMO's of the day, and not the few who were. They removed PvP from the equation completely which allowed "casual" gamers a chance to actually play, it allowed them to design a character class system without the crutch of having to balance it for PvP, and the result was a game that was different and it blew away every other game on the market.

EA only listened to focus groups of WoW players.

Had they listened to the people who don't play WoW, they would likely have a much better game and a much bigger audience.

Funny thread, considering how many threads we got in the past complaining that bioware were not listening to the users at all ;)

Also the game is not a failure for me. It does entertain me and as such it is more a success than smurfcraft or gullywars ever will be.

This.

OP, they never listened to anyone; hence all the BS this game suffers from.

They did listen, just to the biggest whiners. Why do you think companion deaths were removed and the mass amount of servers at launch?

Bioware listened to theusersblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah....troll.....

Very informative post! Ty OP

BioWare had a vision and did not listen to customers, especially to feedback during game test. Because they had that vision and stuck to it with a death grip and never acted upon volumes of very consistent game tester feedback, the game crashed and burned in the spring of 2012.

BW/EA management at that point made an executive decision, one I hated then but I now know was the only reasonable one to make, and saved the game by switching direction to a mixed model.

Today the game has passed its low point of both players and revenue and, according to the most recent EA earnings call on which they cannot lie under threat of severe legal penalties, is growing at a nice clip.

So, OP, yes, you are absolutely correct. The developers never had a vision and flailed about, listening only to player feedback, and that is why the game is now crashing and burning. Or something. :rolleyes:

I actually agree with the OP to an extent. The problem isn't that BioWare listens to players, it's that it chooses to only listen to those groups of players who are the most vocal. As a result, every single feature they've added to appease to them have been half-assed in their implementation, from group-finder, to customizable U.I.'s, Dromund Kaas taxi points, getting rid of class restrictions for Flashpoints...the list goes on and on.

I dispute the very notion this game is a failure. I think it's a great MMO.

I agree. It's become one of my all-time favorite games, and by far my favorite MMO. It has its down points sure, but there is no such thing as a perfect game.

Edited by Cyberwoman

SWTORs failue is that the first step implimented when hemoraging players was to reduce personel, then impliment the new F2P mixed model. Now that it is growing it consistantly shows in the lack of programing and story content that made the game good.

IMO this post would have been relevant before the launch of free to play, the Cartel Market, appearance kiosk, dye system, achievements, Orange adaptable gear added to the store from popular design requests...but now it seems like it is completely off base.

These are all items that the community requested from launch in whole or in part. It seems this post belonged back then...but it does not apply now.

Edited by LordArtemis

Just that half would crack me up if BW had a massive brain fart and decided to introduce playable Gungans....

Sith....Gungan.

One would wonder how they ever made it off Korriban....

There actually was a sith lord Gungan. Not much is known about them, but they existed.