Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

CourtneyWoods

PVP space battles are nice and all.... But lets face it, it should have been in the game from the beginning. I thoroughly hope they wont disregard their less "must-destroy-everything-now" customers and include something like Guild Flagships in this to balance out the content!

Name one game that had everything in beginning. They are progressing better than most mmo's.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the “Conflict Rising” trailer and take your battle to space with epic 12v12 dogfights in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter, coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Watch now

Just like to say it looks good, and looks solid. A few things to note, no cockpit view, alright I get it I am an old arse that enjoys immersion more then anything else. This being said will we have joystick control in this sim? Also some people have talked about capital ships being involved in this, is this going to happen?

YES! YES! YES! - says mself and many others.

P.S.

Plz eventually add pv E content to this, as many are sure yaz will, as it seems the c market has done it's job, and now seems this can finally focus on being more like Galaxys and have such content desired since pre-launch.

Edited by JonnyMadDog
Add something.

You have tons of PvE space flight already in game. Enjoy!

A on rails shooter? Bah. That is not gameplay, that is... I'm not certain *what* to call the current not-ground cinematic 'combat,' but I would not call it true pve content.

...and only 12 on 12 pvp?

I want massive pvp, massive pve, down to 1v1 pvp, and pve that includes the scenario where my pve ship takes out a capital ship (with time, planning, smarts, and skill).

..dangit.

More PvE stuff please, pvp is utterly boring.

Are you *********** kidding me? First of all, nobody cares about your pathetic opinion. Do you really have the audacity to say something like that? PvE space missions already exist in-game! 2.4 Arenas hardly did anything to revitalize the game and fix PvP, and you are asking for more PvE content? The 2.4 "PvP Patch" came with a new operation for christ sake.

PvE'ers are an infectious disease that suck the life and soul out of mmo's. Blowing through content as fast as possible, constantly requiring "new content" to make your characters all nice and shiny so you can be the first to clear pre-scripted instances fighting against enemies when YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO.

The Devs need to take a friggen step back, disregard PvE for a bit, and acquire PvP. WE WANT OPEN WORLD. WE WANT LEADER BOARDS. WE WANT RATING RESET. WE WANT TO KEEP 8v8 RWZ, WE WANT RWZ dailies, WE WANT SEPARATE QUEUES FOR RWZ AND REGULAR WZ's.

It doesn't seem like they even ever see or care what the PvP community is asking for. And when they do try to appease us (i.e an outdated, TERRIBLY IMPLEMENTED Arena-system) it is complete and utter crap!

Maybe instead of making new space-stuff, the Devs should FOCUS ON WHAT HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR MONTHS!

/rantfromanangrypvper

Are you *********** kidding me? First of all, nobody cares about your pathetic opinion. Do you really have the audacity to say something like that? PvE space missions already exist in-game! 2.4 Arenas hardly did anything to revitalize the game and fix PvP, and you are asking for more PvE content? The 2.4 "PvP Patch" came with a new operation for christ sake.

PvE'ers are an infectious disease that suck the life and soul out of mmo's. Blowing through content as fast as possible, constantly requiring "new content" to make your characters all nice and shiny so you can be the first to clear pre-scripted instances fighting against enemies when YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO.

The Devs need to take a friggen step back, disregard PvE for a bit, and acquire PvP. WE WANT OPEN WORLD. WE WANT LEADER BOARDS. WE WANT RATING RESET. WE WANT TO KEEP 8v8 RWZ, WE WANT RWZ dailies, WE WANT SEPARATE QUEUES FOR RWZ AND REGULAR WZ's.

It doesn't seem like they even ever see or care what the PvP community is asking for. And when they do try to appease us (i.e an outdated, TERRIBLY IMPLEMENTED Arena-system) it is complete and utter crap!

Maybe instead of making new space-stuff, the Devs should FOCUS ON WHAT HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR MONTHS!

/rantfromanangrypvper

Yadda yadda yadda.. No, we don't want any of that nonsense. You're forgetting that there's a huge paying customer base who don't give a jack about that content and who are being all the time ignored. There has been several PvP specific updates. If you think that those who play the game differently have no right to express their opinion and it's worthless then your whining is even less so. So cork it yourself.

Instead of growling at each other for the lack of whatever it is missing how about looking at they are adding something a lot of people have requested and be thankful for once.

I am not much of a space nor a pvp player but I can see where they are bringing things that some people will enjoy and can look at it from that point and say thank you.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

So, having my sub is enough? Sounds good, think I wouldn't buy it otherwise, even though I am mostly a PvP player. 12v12 sounds good, but I wonder if it will allow premades (and if it does, how large can the premade group be?). Also can we get an ranking system for that feature? Does customising the fighter only be about the appereance or are there stats involved?

I see quite a few people excited over free-flight, but I think that's an assumption based on a video and not on any documentation (at least that I could find).

I agree that PvP on rails sounds far fetched and free-flight makes more sense, but I'm going to curtail my enthusiasm until I know for sure what it is I'm getting excited about.

I see quite a few people excited over free-flight, but I think that's an assumption based on a video and not on any documentation (at least that I could find).

I agree that PvP on rails sounds far fetched and free-flight makes more sense, but I'm going to curtail my enthusiasm until I know for sure what it is I'm getting excited about.

"Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

Watch the “Conflict Rising” trailer and take your battle to space with epic 12v12 dogfights in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter, coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Experience intense free flight dogfighting and jump into fierce factional battles as the war between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic explodes into space. Compete and advance to earn ground game rewards plus new weapons, powers and abilities to customize your ultimate Starfighter.

Plus, subscribers as of November 1, 2013 receive an Early Gunship Role Unlock and will be one of the first to pilot their own Gunship with custom paint jobs! For more information, visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/galactic-starfighter. "

From the very top of the trailer link. It is free flight.