Why doesn't Force Cloak Remove CC

Jeeses

Currently lvling to 55, doing wz's inbetween, never really noticed this before (new player)

Just seems odd that a vanish ability wouldn't remove snares/roots.

Why would i want to go invis only to be stuck exactly where I am.

inb4 don't FC whilst snared/rooted.

This is the only game i know of, off the top of my head that has a instant invis ability that keeps you locked where you are. Is this intended or just a derp?

It is not suppose to by itself, read skill description. It removes you from combat and makes you invisible but doesn't remove effects. Use force cloak in conjunction with force shroud to get rid of effects (2 skills to do what vanish does in you know which mmo). Although lately force shroud is bugged so it doesn't always work. Edited by Dierdrea

I know it doesn't as per tooltip, it just seemed like a design flaw to require us to use a separate CD to do what the one ability in you know what mmo does, which really is the benchmark of insta-stealth abilities.

Thanks for clarifying though, appreciated

The reason why Force Shroud is separate from Force Cloak is because this makes the ability more powerful, not less powerful. You can use both at the same time to achieve the generic 'vanish' type effect. But you're not limited to this. With the two components separated you can use Force Shroud offensively while still have a serviceable escape plan if you didn't win.

The reason why Force Shroud is separate from Force Cloak is because this makes the ability more powerful, not less powerful. You can use both at the same time to achieve the generic 'vanish' type effect. But you're not limited to this. With the two components separated you can use Force Shroud offensively while still have a serviceable escape plan if you didn't win.

That's a great point, didn't think of it like that!

Shroud is off GCD isnt it? (can't test atm)

That's a great point, didn't think of it like that!

Shroud is off GCD isnt it? (can't test atm)

Shroud is off GCD yes. I think if you're only saving Shroud as a last minute escape you're not using it effectively. Having 3-5s where a lot of classes can't possibly do anything to you is an incredibly powerful offensive tool.

• 4 weeks later...
The replies using shroud are all valid. But the fact remains that a lot of the times I've used Cloak in PvE, I'm immediately broken out of stealth and remain in combat. On the rare occasion that my companion decides to join me in escaping a bad judgement call and actually goes in to stealth too, mobs tend to carry on chasing my him/her and fire AoE in my direction, which in turn unstealths me anyway

The replies using shroud are all valid. But the fact remains that a lot of the times I've used Cloak in PvE, I'm immediately broken out of stealth and remain in combat. On the rare occasion that my companion decides to join me in escaping a bad judgement call and actually goes in to stealth too, mobs tend to carry on chasing my him/her and fire AoE in my direction, which in turn unstealths me anyway

Realize the situation is getting out of hand earlier so you can plan your escape. Between force speed, force cloak, phase walk, simply outranging or LOSing the ai, paired with our numerous cc abilities it's pretty hard to die to an npc or quite frankly, even in pvp these days. The only reason I die in pvp is because I feel the need to help my team rather than wait for a cooldown to come up. Realistically we could play entire warzones and never die, even in DPS spec.

Edited by JP_Legatus